February 4, 2014 Is U.i. 2.0 Day \o/

31 replies to this topic

#1 Icould

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

I, for one, am really excited to see what U.I. 2.0 looks like. I thought the current U.I. was fairly advanced, user friendly and logically mapped out.

I really am looking forward to seeing the work product that PGI/IGP will release. The community is definitely in for a gigantic event. They are finally going to make the community happy with their work product of 2+ years (YES! ! TWO YEARS) all culminating in the glorious release if U.I. 2.0. I mean, I am trembling with anticipation to see what PGI/IGP has produced for the Mechwarrior franchise.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Want to know how UI 2.0. will be? Take a read through the feedback thread from the public test. http://mwomercs.com/...-questionnaire/

#3 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostIcould, on 01 February 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

I, for one, am really excited to see what U.I. 2.0 looks like. I thought the current U.I. was fairly advanced, user friendly and logically mapped out.

I really am looking forward to seeing the work product that PGI/IGP will release. The community is definitely in for a gigantic event. They are finally going to make the community happy with their work product of 2+ years (YES! ! TWO YEARS) all culminating in the glorious release if U.I. 2.0. I mean, I am trembling with anticipation to see what PGI/IGP has produced for the Mechwarrior franchise.

If this is not sarcasm, I am sorry, but you have never played a game with a properly designed user interface. The one currently shaming mwo is a bad joke.

#4 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

I don't mind the mechlab 1.5... social tab and no private lobbies is the real disappointment... and that isn't improved from what I saw in UI2.0 PTS windows.

But frankly I'm not interested in the UI2.0, the light mech to come has me more intrigued, mostly because I would prefer to play in a light mech but meta/game mechanics alongside the failure of the ELO MM system forces the ton up approach. Still if the new light comes with ECM and good hit boxes, hard point locations it will revitalize the game for me.

#5 CPL Madison

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

View Postand zero, on 01 February 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

If this is not sarcasm, I am sorry, but you have never played a game with a properly designed user interface. The one currently shaming mwo is a bad joke.

i think its more the lack of game content thats shaming mwo

#6 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

View PostCPL Madison, on 02 February 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

i think its more the lack of game content thats shaming mwo

The greatest trick ever pulled was getting people so desperate for progress that they've whipped up tons of excitement for a new shell menu.

If they had included lobbies, they'd had a parade.

#7 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 02 February 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

The greatest trick ever pulled was getting people so desperate for progress that they've whipped up tons of excitement for a new shell menu.

If they had included lobbies, they'd had a parade.

This precisely. :angry: So sad.

#8 Sir Ratburger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 200 posts
  • LocationIm in front of my computer

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

I predict a buggy experience even after two years of development, then the same excuses to follow...

'We are still in Beta guys... umm wait, we aren't anymore but forget about that, don't worry it will be fixed in a week (cough* says under breath)... give or take another 6 months or so, or a year - anyways here's a new mech you can buy for the great price of $90 which is a new feature right?, what makes it so special you ask, its got a polka dot pattern... colors sold separately for $10 each'

#9 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

nice try OP, but the forums is for complainers. no one else allowed. enthusiasm for anything game related isn't allowed here.

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

View Postand zero, on 01 February 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

And the mechlab in UI2.0 is absolutely horrendous...and we have to wait for the paperdoll to make a comeback. They've said something about making a Smurfy like screen, but we have to wait with this....monstrosity. I certainly hope they've changed it since the public test server since there wasn't even a free crit slot indicator, anywhere.

Lets hope the backend of UI 2.0 lives up to its reputation, since what you can see is bad.

#11 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Well, I sincerely hope its not UI 2.0 No Show Day.

#12 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostSir Ratburger, on 02 February 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:

I predict a buggy experience even after two years of development, then the same excuses to follow...

'We are still in Beta guys... umm wait, we aren't anymore but forget about that, don't worry it will be fixed in a week (cough* says under breath)... give or take another 6 months or so, or a year - anyways here's a new mech you can buy for the great price of $90 which is a new feature right?, what makes it so special you ask, its got a polka dot pattern... colors sold separately for $10 each'

I think they are hiring. Why dont you apply

#13 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

I smell sarcasm

#14 Icould

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostThanatos676, on 02 February 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I smell sarcasm

I don't understand why some of you guys have such a big problem that this is the absolute greatest Mechwarrior produced if all time. Everything PGI/IGP does has a Midas touch effect. Then, you have the audacity to call enthusiasm for it sarcasm? Ii is absurd.

All the naysayers will be proven wrong with the amazing work product PGI/IGP will bestow on us on February 4, 2014. It will be a day talked about for years after in the annals of video game development history.

Edited by Icould, 02 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#15 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

A sucka born everyday.
Yeah me too.

#16 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostIcould, on 02 February 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

I don't understand why some of you guys have such a big problem that this is the absolute greatest Mechwarrior produced if all time. Everything PGI/IGP does has a Midas touch effect. Then, you have the audacity to call enthusiasm for it sarcasm? Ii is absurd.

All the naysayers will be proven wrong with the amazing work product PGI/IGP will bestow on us on February 4, 2014. It will be a day talked about for years after in the annals of video game development history.

I wasn't sure but now I'm sure

I think you turn to stone if you get exposed to sunlight don't you ?

#17 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

This thread appears to be lighter. :)

#18 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostIcould, on 02 February 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

now it's lighter...

playing the forum meta hard

#19 Sir Ratburger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 200 posts
  • LocationIm in front of my computer

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostSaxie, on 02 February 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think they are hiring. Why dont you apply

In your face, I was right.

Yes they could try hire me as I would stop all these excuses in their tracks... don't hit deadlines, you are fired after 3 missed deadlines simple as that. I would probably implement a voting system before just randomly releasing useless updates like the cockpit glass we just had. They would seriously have to pay me a premier though.

#20 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostSir Ratburger, on 04 February 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

In your face, I was right.

Wow, you predicted it being buggy after they announced it would be buggy.
Your precognitive powers are amazing!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users