Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#881 Draco Argentus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLast seen near the Periphery. . .

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I looked at the Founders packages. . . and noticed a glaring mistake.

The $30 Founder's Pack doesn't come with a 'Mech.

Even World of Tanks offered tanks with all preorder packages. . . It seems to me that offering 1, 2, and 4 'Mechs, respectively, makes more sense. Or Light, Medium, Heavy. . . or Medium, Heavy, Assault. . .

Ok, you might make a bit more from people who can/will spend the extra bucks to get a 'Mech. . . but it also screws those who cannot afford to. . .

At any rate, it's something to think about.

#882 Helskga

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostCifu, on 15 July 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Honestly, i'm a bit dissapointed. The Premium benefits counts are started in the open beta? So i'm bought an Elite pack, get 2 month of premium - in the Open Beta?! Okay guys, you wan't to take out of our money with this game, i can understand it, but this is a bit unfair, don't you think? Okay, i hate to compare the MWO to the WoT all over the time, but in the WoT open beta, everyone get daily 150 gold as i remember, and can buy the premium, can try it, how it's work, and so on. No real money take happens. When the game released, wipe occur, and the harvesting begin.

In the MWO, as i see, we are still just testing the game, our premium accounts begin to counted (and expired), and no wipe happens when the game officialy released...

But then what is this? We are payed earlier, to give money and show respect, and get exchange to our money counted and used in the open beta phase? Just me find this a bit strange?

You could have atleast read the first two pages before making a cry post about nothing, Russ has already cleared up this issue go and read the first few pages.

It's ridiculous how quick to cry about something people are on this forum.

#883 Jiiamma

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'd like to ask that will the 8.7 Founders closed beta still be under NDA or will they drop that off. As i am under-aged (16), but i have played mechwarrior 2 and 3 since i was around 10 when my cousin let me play MW2 and i loved it back then, and still do (3 also). So if i buy then Legendary founders pack (i got money for it lolz, but i don't consider myself as the "rich kid of the schools class" as I'm not going to buy anything bigger in this year-->) can i still play when the Founders closed beta starts or will it still be under NDA and i can't sign up for it as under-aged.

I don't mind if i had to buy the Legendary pack now and wait for like open beta (which should be 2-3 weeks from closed beta?} but then i lose some of the prerium time. So are the Founder packs basicly meant for people 18+ and not for like me. I'd really like to buy the Legendary and support the game and play it afterwards, i don't really mind if i could'nt play/test the game on Founders closed beta, But ofcourse would if it's not under NDA or if it was that i could sign up for it, Because I know when something is really "important" and I can keep my "mouth closed" about the game. Just if someone devs of someone could answer.

-J-M

Edited by JiiaMMa, 25 July 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#884 Dawgstruction

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsomwhere on the periphery serching for lostech

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

All i want is for my in game name. Dawgstruction to appear in the credits. Thats my online identity.

#885 Raigir

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Is august 7th the day when the spent MC and premium time will be permanent or will there be another reset down the road?

and if so, any guess as to when we can expect stuff we spend to be permanent? [/color]

Edited by Raigir, 26 July 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#886 Lawstar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLumberton, Texas

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

BY purchasing the "founders program" ..do we still need to purchase the base game or is it included in the founders pack?

BTW: I purchased the Legendary AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to all the bells and whistles later

#887 Esmaom

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

It chareg me for the purchase but it said there was a problem with my credit card

#888 ooClaymoreoo

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Nothing to see here.

Edited by ooClaymoreoo, 28 July 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#889 InferumCanem

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationClan Space

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Where are the Founders' 'Mechs located? I bought via credit card and I can't find them, are they only available after the full release?'

Edited by InferumCanem, 28 July 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#890 Max Killjoy

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hey Russ, any way to, you know, try the thing out before I spend that much money on it?

#891 ZiLOG

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostInferumCanem, on 28 July 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Where are the Founders' 'Mechs located? I bought via credit card and I can't find them, are they only available after the full release?'
Same Question here. Bought Legendary via PayPal and cant find them. Am I just to stupid ?

#892 fluxcurl

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationclan-rush.net

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

@InferumCanem / ZiLOG

You both have to wait till August 7th like all founders.
(i can be mistaken but i'm quite sure i read it somewhere)

Edited by fluxcurl, 28 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#893 InferumCanem

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationClan Space

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

View Postfluxcurl, on 28 July 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

@InferumCanem / ZiLOG

Yeah, I just found out from a friend last night that we get them August 7th, so you're right. Thanks for the help either way ^^.

#894 ZiLOG

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

View Postfluxcurl, on 28 July 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

@InferumCanem / ZiLOG

Advice for the Kids, reading is fun (and stops you from asking stupid Questions). Yeah seems we have to wait till 7th. Thanks Mate.

#895 Mech Merc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Is the closed beta over and founders are waiting till 8/7 to play?

#896 Phii Phy Pho Phum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Will we be able to change our in-game Callsigns to something other than our forum names or do a rename for them both at some point. I was clearly drunk when I made mine.

#897 TESTIFY

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Will "Legendary" account holders be able to opt out of being included in the credits?

Edited by TESTIFY, 30 July 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#898 AnimalC4

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

As an Australian member I am concerned about spending this money on something that realistically may be unplayable until SEA servers are established. Are you able to provide any feedback on your expectations for O/S players on the current servers and thoughts on the timeframe of establishment of regional servers?

#899 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostIreul, on 30 July 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

[NDA BREACH REDACTED]

It's closed Beta meaning it's not even final release yet. So because you tried one game and figured out you were a noob you're going to ask for a chargeback? Wow, do a bit of research before you waste people's time.

#900 TheSaint687

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Bought the Founders package hours ago...when will I have access to the Beta????

How long do we have to wait for access to the Open Beta after we have purchased the Founders Package?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users