Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#921 Scytale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostAnarcho, on 31 July 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

I bought the founders elite, on the same time it was available to download. The game is also very light on my machine (i7, 12gb) even with a blu-ray render on the background (couldn't wait the work finish to try the game lol)

This questions was probably anwsered too, and I apologize in advance the lack of time to read everything.

Can I change the mech I picked on the purchase ? I choose Atlas, but I'm thinking in change it now.

Thank you!

I haven't done it personally, but I believe you can do it by selecting to purchase the founder's package again and the option to select a mech will come up - you can then choose what you want to choose at no additional cost.

#922 William Thomas

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi,
I'm really looking forward to playing MWO, in fact, I am purchasing a PC because of this game. I was also interested in joining the founder's program only to find out that you must be 18 to participate in the beta, and I turn 18 in early september. So my questions are, if I am even able to at my age, is there any reason I shouldn't purchase the founder's program, and if so, will it still be available in early september so I can purchase it when I turn 18?

I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks

#923 Scytale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostWilliam Thomas, on 31 July 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Hi,
I'm really looking forward to playing MWO, in fact, I am purchasing a PC because of this game. I was also interested in joining the founder's program only to find out that you must be 18 to participate in the beta, and I turn 18 in early september. So my questions are, if I am even able to at my age, is there any reason I shouldn't purchase the founder's program, and if so, will it still be available in early september so I can purchase it when I turn 18?

I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks

We don't currently know if founder's will still be available after August 7. However, I don't think that you need to be 18 to be a founder, you only need to be to play the beta (i.e. sign the NDA). Don't take my word for it though!
Personally, other than the fact that you're paying money (and you won't have beta access till you're 18), I can't think of a reason not to buy the founder's package. In my opinion, it's just one fewer advantage of being a founder.

EDIT: I am not a lawyer =P I hope a dev can respond quickly and more specifically to your question.

Edited by Scytale, 31 July 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#924 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostScytale, on 31 July 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

I haven't done it personally, but I believe you can do it by selecting to purchase the founder's package again and the option to select a mech will come up - you can then choose what you want to choose at no additional cost.

Yes that's correct, I checked it out.

#925 Rendall

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

would this be considered the Suggestion box? if so, I would suggest in separating equipment and weapons by type, under their own tabs, and making it possible to actually assign weapons BEFORE you jump into a game. more user friendliness would go a long way to helping players figure things out, and newer players to quickly adapt to the system. Also, some kind of instruction manual or help system in game (with the option to turn it off in options) that help new players learn the ropes faster, such as what button is it to lock radar on a target, and so on. Would these suggestions already be in the works, not feasible, or otherwise may or may not be possible?

#926 skeetr72

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yes that is the other good news that they are the Prime Variants they not only take up that position in the Mech Trees for you to work on but they remain fully customizable in the Mechlab.

This is very good news, thanks!

cheers

#927 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

I've been trying to purchase founders all day long; first the site was down for at least 4 hours and now Ultimate Pay won't work; I even created an account with them. Paypal and I have butted heads in the past and I no longer use thier service. My credit card is valid, I used it 20 minutes before trying to buy founders, I have the necesary money on hand for the first time since it was announced (and there is only two days left) Is there a third option? Can I send a check? Can I wire transfer the damn money? I really want to get in on the founders package deal (I was on the wagon of people who sugested something like this!) I want to support MWO but the options I've been presented will not work for me...

#928 LaKaT

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

When would I be able to purchase a Maurder? Ar we still set to go live on the 7th I been a bunch of un balance matches.

#929 Maltduck

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

when can broak ppl play

#930 Mugaaz

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Anyway to buy elite twice for the same account?

#931 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've been trying since Saturday august 4 to purchase the founders package using both available methods and each time my purchase is denied with a message that my information is incorect or that my card is denied. I attempted using a different card to the same result (all the information I entered both times was corrrect). Paypal is also not working and provides similar answers. I want to purchase founders, I'm on hard times and it took two months to save the money to pay for the package and I'm perterbed that this trransaction is being blocked, I have called my bank and they say there is no reason this should not go through so the only other conclusion I can draw is this is an issue in your end. I have tried this transaction over a pc a laptop and a smartphone all with the same results for 3 days. Please help me :P

#932 lokokokoDE

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

hi, i had Battletech and also citytech tabletop game. i also played a lot of mechwarrior series. now, im wating for 1 or 2 months to get a beta acc. can someone help me ;)

i want to play this fantastic game!

#933 Victor Wolf

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSweden Tellus

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Will it matter what house you want to belong to in the game?
Will there be wars between houses and will Solaris be in?

#934 xXTilusXx

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi im new to this game i buyed founder pack 60$ and i choose atlas before i ride one and i dont like it.
I try the catapult and orter mech and the catapult its my favorite one can i change my founder mech Please...

Thx for your comprention.

#935 Heaven Knight

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hello, is there not a certain age limit for being in any part of the beta, i was in a match with a person who said they were only 8 years old, if what i know to be correct this person cannot be in the beta at all because the NDA, the non disclosure agrrement is a binding contract between us the players and the creators of the game and it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 here in canada and i believe its 21 in the usa for any person under those ages to agree to this kind of contract, they cant it is ILLEGAL, this person argued with me so i told him id file a report for the dev sto look into, this persons name ia Altana, i say again this persons name is """"ALTANA""""" please look into this, thank you.

Sincerely,
Heaven Knight

#936 OlOneLeg

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

On credits
You get your name in the game credits andther will be an option in the from end somewhere to display them
We expect to put your real name in the credits but also hope to include our pilot name in there as well
Whoa, whoa! This should DEFINITELY be optional for the purchaser. Pilot name is fine - real name is a real problem unless it is strictly opt-in. This is a deal-breaker!

#937 Scytale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostxXTilusXx, on 07 August 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Hi im new to this game i buyed founder pack 60$ and i choose atlas before i ride one and i dont like it.
I try the catapult and orter mech and the catapult its my favorite one can i change my founder mech Please...

Thx for your comprention.

I believe you can do it by selecting to "purchase" the elite founder's pack again - the option to choose your mech should come up. If you now choose catapult, I think the selection sticks, without you having to buy again. Others have said it works, though I myself haven't tried.

#938 kiwioz

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

i bought the founder package for 60 dollars. is this per month?
i was lead to believe it was just a one off. as the eleite gives you 3 months XP boost.

can you confirm this?

#939 Dixonfamily

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

I first chose the Hunchback for my Founder's mech and then I played it. In short, if it is possible, how do I change my Founder's mech?

#940 xXTilusXx

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

ok thx but i just found a combo whit atlas i kill medium mech in is back center torso one shot of all my weapons and atlas 2 shot ^^ thx for your help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users