Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#121 RootBeerBaron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Just to clarify, how long will the packages be on sale? I had budgeted to get elite, but the legendary sounds, well, you know.....

#122 Tyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

So the premium account will be about $10 a month and the mechs ranging in the 7-15 dollar range?

I was going to get an elite.

Elite would be $20 for premium and 15 for a mech +80$ in cash, for $60 bucks. Basically that's $80 bucks for 25 bucks.

Legendary would be...$30 +60 = 90. So getting $80 bucks for $30 bucks.

Looking at it that way, the Legendary doesn't seem as bad a value, but I think it would have been better at $100 for the legendary, or an extra $20 in MC cash.

Basically, do I want the mechs or not is what it comes down to. XD

#123 Chewie 8

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCedar Falls, Iowa

For the Elite package, can you change which Founder's 'Mech you will receive after the Founder's package is purchased (and still before the early access date, of course)?

#124 greytiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSF bay area

Like several others, I purchased my legendary account, and it timed out after processing the payment - i know it's gone though - the money's been removed from my bank account, but it doesn't appear to have linked it to my game account.

Never mind! Just took a while to link! Thank you!

Edited by greytiger, 19 June 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#125 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

If I've purchased the Elite package and wish to upgrade my package to Legendary before the end of the sale, would this be a possibility? To do so, would it require spending only the $60 difference, or the full $120 as if it were a new purchase?

#126 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hey Russ, how long will the Founders Pack be available?
I bought Legendary, but it takes 4-6 work days untill the money is transfered, will I have enough time?

#127 BloodLegacy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 198 posts
  • LocationOregon City, OR

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I agree, there has been no explanation of what the "Mech Tree" in any previous releases. Could you please elaborate on what that is?

#128 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

If i bought the Elite pack but for some reason I wanted to upgrade to Legendary later would I be able to?

Edited by Serevn, 19 June 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#129 3Nt1tY

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationScotland

. I'm a uk player, and it says on the release AGAIN that it's only for north America, no where does it say on the new release about the founders pack that you can do the one time only thing so,are you still going to alow the migration of this when servers are up en the eu/uk?

#130 Ghostsuit

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

View PostShadowmoss, on 19 June 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

That's done, now the waiting.
ditto

#131 Broddr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

View Postkarmicthreat, on 19 June 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I specifically didn't give you guys 120$ as opposed to 60$ specifically because 4 founders mechs really won't make much difference in the end game territory control part of the game. It feels like a rip off because you haven't even hit parity with the perceived value of the tier below it. For my 120$ you should be getting a minimum of 120$ in IGC and an extra month of premium. The extra mechs and tag are really only superfluous extras for many people.

You cant be happy for helping fund a company and a game? Why ask for more in-game cash? $80 is quite a bit, so if you are not happy with the amount why pay $120 to help the company a bit? I think personally we should have gotten 4 months premium but that's just me. Either way I was eager to drop $120.

#132 Lester McDougan

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostDarkTreader, on 19 June 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

If I've purchased the Elite package and wish to upgrade my package to Legendary before the end of the sale, would this be a possibility? To do so, would it require spending only the $60 difference, or the full $120 as if it were a new purchase?

I also would like to know this. I only had budgeted 60 bucks for the elite package and spent the remaining spending money for this week on a Wolf's Dragoons tattoo. If I could upgrade after my next paycheck, well that would be cool.

edited to remove double quote

Edited by Lester McDougan, 19 June 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#133 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

EU coming up :angry:.. in your clarification post you mentioned that EU players who buy one of the founders packs, will be given a one time chance to migrate their accounts on the EU servers when they go live.

can you give us a bit more details about how is this going to work? will it be clear enough so we don't lose that chance? the more details you can give us the better :P

thx

#134 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Edit*

Russ is the man. Thanks.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 19 June 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#135 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Anyone who buys a Founders Package whether Elite or legendary will still have 4 empty mech bay slots on top of the Mech's they get with Founders.

Thank you very much for answering this question Russ. That was all I was worried about, have fun beating away the masses! And good luck with future devlopment and sales.

Good Hunting,
Amarus Cameron

#136 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Does the founders tag have to show on our forum posts? I'm slightly embarrassed that i'm going to spend that much on a game.

#137 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Just an intermission, you can upgrade, just open http://mwomercs.com/founders/ again, there you have it. now, for how long this will be possible...
take care all
Daniel

#138 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

A few questions really piling up.

Q, When will we shut down the founders program and the ability to buy them?
A. There are some variables at play that are too difficult to explain, suffice it to say we dont know for sure but I can say that Aug 7th is very likely the longest it will run. But it is limited so don't wait too long if you can afford to. For those waiting on paychecks etc I would say we have in all liklelyhood at least 4 weeks at the minimum,

Q. how long can we upgrade them
A. I can say we would allow up until Aug 7th to upgrade

Q. Can we change our mech choice before the Aug 7th cut off
A. This currently isn't offered but we will look into it...no promises yet but we will try.

#139 xti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGermany (Pfalz)

do you plan on upgrading the forum server in the near future ? ^^

#140 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Russ, I would like to ask PGI on behalf of the whole Euro zone: if the sales go really well, can you guys fire up a euro beta server?
If it doesn't cause you too much trouble of course.

Thanks in advance =)

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users