Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#521 kelmar6821

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Sure a prime variant has 4 medium lasers so beam hard points...so long as you make the room you can put PPC's on it.

Remember there are beam hard points on the torsos

so no you cant put PPC's on the big arms...but you could on the torsos

:(

#522 Hawker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

What is the maximum number of mech bays we can have?

Does it cost Cbills to swap out weapons/equipment?

Are there weapons/equipment in the in-game store?

Can we go to Solaris VII and compete? :(

#523 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

thx to magiusmarauder for compiling the Q/A's!

rgds
Om

#524 Grimarch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGuildford

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Do you have an upgrade path based upon the technical read outs from the Board Game, i.e. From 3020 onwards?

#525 Tundra Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 24 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Is it possible to pay with a debit card and not credit? The Ultimatepay window says "Pay with Credit Card," so I am assuming you are not accepting debit cards?

#526 Grimarch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts
  • LocationGuildford

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ah also, i like Triple Strength Myomer will that be in the game at all??

#527 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostTundra Wolf, on 19 June 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Is it possible to pay with a debit card and not credit? The Ultimatepay window says "Pay with Credit Card," so I am assuming you are not accepting debit cards?

I was able to pay with my debit card, which I can swipe just like a credit card anywhere. Hope that helps.

#528 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I missed this thread.

Assuming it falls off the page, Russ, I'd appreciate it if you could poke your head in here with my queggestion regarding the premium account boost.

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-its-value/

#529 Tundra Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 24 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thanks Tymanthius, it did accept my debit card.

#530 firefox117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

Ive been trying since 4am here (Japan) Its now 8am, and still be declined to buy this. All my credit cards and paypal just keep getting shot down. Sucks, I want to buy this game, and Im having no luck at all. Anyone else having this issue?

#531 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Russ, I have a question regarding the mech 'value' in-game.

A concern was voiced regarding heavy / assault vs. a light, namely that the best option would be to, of course, pick an Assault as your Elite mech, because the Assault would not only cost more if you want to buy it later, but you could sell it if you really didn't like it and cash in on a huge nest egg of CBills that you wouldn't get from doing it with a light mech.

Concerns about selling the founder's mech aside, is this a valid concern to have?

#532 CarpeMortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationFar out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostFrostiken, on 19 June 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I missed this thread.

Assuming it falls off the page, Russ, I'd appreciate it if you could poke your head in here with my queggestion regarding the premium account boost.

These Founders Packages are not accounts... They are simply one time purchases that provide in-game bonuses. They include premium accounts yes, but they are not the only way to get them. A brief scan of the forums shows that the price for monthly premium accounts has not been set in stone yet, but earlier in THIS VERY THREAD, Russ mentioned 10$ a month.

#533 Lord Kaos

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostCarpeMortis, on 19 June 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Yes but how? 175% total? 100 * 1.50 * 1.25? 100 * 1.25 * 1.50?

I would imagine it would work something like:

You earn 100 C-bills
You have a premium account, therefore you get an extra 50 C-bills (100 * 50%)
You used a founder mech, therefore you get an extra 25 C-bills (100 * 25%)

You receive 175 C-bills total.

Any other method would mean you'd be getting much more than a 75% bonus and I think that would unbalance the game too much.

#534 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi Russ,

I would like to buy two elite founders packs because I am only interested in two of the mechs (Atlas and Catapault) I dont want the hunchback etc

Can I buy two elite packs for $120 and they combine to get

Two exclusive custom “Founder's BattleMech.” This Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
• $160 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
• Four-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.

#535 Foxtrot Charlie

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'm from the uk and I've successfully purchased the legendary pack, can't wait to get stuck in, looking for a uk / us based clan btw

#536 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostFrostiken, on 19 June 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I missed this thread.

Thanks for the link. I read and left my support in that thread.

#537 Cracks

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Was there a deliberate decision to not increase the in-game currency for the Legendary tier (currently the same $80 value as the Elite), and only offer the other 3 mechs and 1 month extra premium access? Just seems like a lot of extra money with disproportionately fewer bonuses.

#538 MegaBusta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Got a couple questions, and an opinion, actually. Been lurkng the forums for a while and I guess this finally motivated me to make my presence known.

1. Is there any plans to allow one to switch the Founder's 'Mech C-Bill bonus to a different chassis somehow (perhaps via a small fee)? In the long term this seems counterintuitive to promoting mech chassis variety because people will only play the mechs that give them their bonus instead of what they really want to.

2. Any chance the premium boosters will be offered in 1-month increments? With college firing up again in september I might be hard-pressed to find time to use the second (maybe third) month.

A. *More of an opinion than anything else* Any chance of increasing the in game currency that comes with the Legendary Pack, or a price drop or something? The main draw of it atm is the fact that it includes all of the Founder's Mechs. Realistically, most people only want ~2 of them, not all of them. The price jump between Elite and Legendary is a bit steep to me, and I don't think you get as much bang for your buck as you do with Elite. IMO doubling the amount of money you're spending on a product still in closed beta should increase the Value/Price ratio, not drop it.

Maybe my opinion will change if I actually get a beta invite during stage 2, but as it is, no matter how much I love Battletech, dropping $120 on a game I've seen very little of actually, is a little foolish.

(Admittedly, upon first typing this I did not realize the Founder's 'mech C-bill bonus is slated to be a rather noteworthy 25%. If the answer to my first question is a yes, or even "we'll consider it", the value of the Legendary Pack goes up considerably in my eyes, even if the transfer is restricted to the same weight class.)

*Edited to remove already answered questions and add comments in parentheses*

Edited by MegaBusta, 19 June 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#539 Vaktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBommer, on 19 June 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I LIKE IT !!! Absotively, posilutely perfect !

Exactly!

#540 Valatar

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Guys, the premium month and mech bonuses being multiplicative rather than additive is only a matter of 87.5% versus 75%. It's not a big deal in either direction, especially since it only applies to cash and not experience.

I believe I also found the answer to my own question after much google-fu: The currency bought with real money is apparently called Mechwarrior Credits, and is not the same thing as C-Bills. The mech lab demo showed a Hunchback costing 100 MC, so if the 8-10 medium mech quote holds to that number, $80 apparently gets you 800-1000 MC. I have no idea what, if anything, these credits are good for aside from buying mechs. Or if you can just buy the same mechs with C-Bills. But it's at least a partial answer.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users