#121 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostTheDruid, on 18 February 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

Thanks for fixing the Co-op drop bug. That sucked. Also, thanks for making the Griffin and the Firestarters available for C-bills. That Rocks!

Some quick notes on the new UI 2.0 and Skills.
1) On UI 1.5 I used to be able to get Master level after having completed 2 Elite variants per Chassis. I know because I did it with both the Cicada and the Shadowhawk, and I specifically noticed that it changed with UI 2.0. Unacceptable change IMO.
2) Need to be able to:
a) see how much Mech XP you have on EVERY chassis, not only the ones you currently own, but also
:rolleyes: be able to spend Mech XP on chassis Skills even if you no longer own the Mech, and
c) be able to upgrade to Master after 2 Elites are complete like it was in UI 1.5.

BOTTOM LINE: I shouldn't have to clean out 3 of my 4 mech bays to work on a new variant or have to buy each mech twice at 8M C-bills a pop!

Lastly, I'm looking forward to seeing the new "Smurfy-like" MECH Lab. Thanks.

Not a UI2.0 thread, but I would like to address your point 1 here.

You need 3 Elited mechs in the same Weight class to get Mastery (1 Shadowhawk and 2 cicadas) not 4 (and they don't need to be 2 for the same chassis).

Quicky:
3 Basic of one chassis -> Elite for this chassis
3 Elite for one weight class -> Mastery unlocked for the whole weight class.

combination like buy 3 cicadas, elite 1, sell 2 after basics.
buy 3 shadowhawks, basic 3 and elite 2 of them.
Now with 1 elite Cicada and 2 elite Shadowhawks you can master them all and can elite&master your 3rd shadowhawk, or sell it even like the cicadas.

#122 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

Thanks a bunch. :rolleyes:

#123 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 19 February 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

• PGI proved able for personnel reorganization (Bye Garth! Be ready Paul!)

I'm not sure if he quit himself or if he was kicked out. The official statement is, that he got fired because of his "not matching skills"... if so, this was a pawn sacrifice, nothing else. They kicked out their Community Manager because he couldn't handle the shitstorm that came from bad coding, effed balance and broken promises? I can't think of anybody who could have handled this. The whole development-staff should have been kicked out before Garth, that's for sure.
If he quit by himself, respect to Garth, maybe that was the only right thing he could do.

• PGI made most quick and correct reaction on their own misstep (minor shortcomings like errors in posters do not count)

That doesn't make the original patch and the way it was released any better, it's still a dumbass-action.

• PGI has confirmed intention to change spin of community relations once again (at least some of devs act consistently)

they have confirmed so many things in the past, i can't take them serious anymore, sorry :rolleyes:

#124 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostVIPER2207, on 19 February 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

I'm not sure if he quit himself or if he was kicked out. The official statement is, that he got fired because of his "not matching skills"... if so, this was a pawn sacrifice, nothing else. They kicked out their Community Manager because he couldn't handle the shitstorm that came from bad coding, effed balance and broken promises? I can't think of anybody who could have handled this. The whole development-staff should have been kicked out before Garth, that's for sure.
If he quit by himself, respect to Garth, maybe that was the only right thing he could do.

That doesn't make the original patch and the way it was released any better, it's still a dumbass-action.

they have confirmed so many things in the past, i can't take them serious anymore, sorry ;)

Man, I would never compliment PGI just for the sake of it (I rather wear brown colors and fight morons in shining armour), keep your sorries to youself :rolleyes: In short, reread my post it's not a praise at all:
  • whatever the reason of Garth's departure, new PR person will have to do a lot of work on the communication front
  • I honored speed and devotion, not the quality of patch, your remark is plain stupid and has no relation to my words
  • there are different ways of confirmation, I directly pointed at confirmation by action path, the only valid one, IMO
Every one of us made, makes and will make mistakes and shortcomings, PGI's staff is not an exclusion. They must learn from failures to stop reproducing them again and again, e.g. breaking their own word (yes, Russ, if you read this, I point at you) or stubbornly defend illogical and bad designs (damn you Paul Inouye) or being deaf to community (bye-bye Garth). I love MW franchise and welcome any positive changes in PGI's behaviour - especially keeping in mind that we have no choice as PGI has claimed license from MS till 2018 - so I do and will do support sightings of positive changes shown by PGI.

#125 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 18 February 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO THAT!!! Finally solo queues the game is SO FUN right now!

+1
would be an appreciated option

#126 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostLunatech, on 18 February 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Not many companies can admit they made an error

They are still lacking in this area, you must be new.

#127 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 19 February 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yeah, right. You still manage to produce bugs like when people can't drop together in a team oriented game at an incredible rate. So who does the testing? Monkeys?

Watch out, we have a badass armchair dev right here.

#128 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 18 February 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

We then have QA test the production code to make sure the same behaviour seen on the test servers is experienced on production servers.

That's what I figured. I did not even think twice about your statement until someone miss understood it. Post production release test to verify prod migration. Pretty standard.

Thanks for clarifying for everyone.

#129 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

The Wolverine is a better mech, but I have mine, so it does not matter to me which comes out first. I am curious if we are getting the Mauler next month though.

The Mauler fails on both timeline and available variant issues.

The Zeus or Banshee both have far better odds of being another new assault Soon ™.

#130 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 19 February 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

Or they could have actually tested it and didn't introduce the bug in the first place. What people keep forgetting is this isn't beta anymore. Its a released product, that is bugged and broken in too many ways. But instead of fixing they give you new content, which is utterly meaningless. Give a candy to a kid and all his problems go away ...

1. It's not your place to decide what's content and what isn't. A lot of people, including myself, think that free mechs ARE indeed content and gladly engage in it.

2. Discussion was offered as to how the bug escaped testing, so go back and read the thread. Bugs get through. It's a reality of programming.

#131 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Just for the record, I cannot give PGI credit for patching to release the Griffin.

It was supposed to be in the patch. They said it would be in the patch many many weeks ago.

I don't think it is wrong to expect them to do what they say they are going to do. So, when they blow it and get called on it, they don't score points with me for fixing something that should have never been a problem to start if they had simply followed through on their own promises.

Just saying...

#132 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostFactorlanP, on 19 February 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Just for the record, I cannot give PGI credit for patching to release the Griffin.

It was supposed to be in the patch. They said it would be in the patch many many weeks ago.

I don't think it is wrong to expect them to do what they say they are going to do. So, when they blow it and get called on it, they don't score points with me for fixing something that should have never been a problem to start if they had simply followed through on their own promises.

Just saying...

I think this is a fair perspective. All I'm saying is, I'm appreciative of the haste they took to turn it around.

#133 MidnightSpecial

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

One problem with this fix..did it not work? Suddenly i have a pure function call crash on top of the 2 crashes the last patch left. Additionally, wouldn't it be a good idea to give us details in the shop so we can buy stuff again?

#134 Marchant Consadine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 February 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hey Kyle, since you're lurking.
Any word on the Friends list lag time? Or is this part of it?

View PostKarl Berg, on 18 February 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Coming. We have a backlog of 'critical' bugs, and this one is at the top.

First thank you for the hotfix. Restores some faith to the game for me. Now what would do a lot more to restore faith would be an up to date "known issues list" that you published that you apparently could just copy-paste from said backlog. Preferably including the backlog of less critical bugs also. Naturally you could leave out bugs that may allow exploits and such, but a list like this would do wonders in letting the community know you have the issues aknowledged.

#135 ToxicValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 19 February 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Man, I would never compliment PGI just for the sake of it (I rather wear brown colors and fight morons in shining armour), keep your sorries to youself :wacko: In short, reread my post it's not a praise at all:
  • whatever the reason of Garth's departure, new PR person will have to do a lot of work on the communication front
  • I honored speed and devotion, not the quality of patch, your remark is plain stupid and has no relation to my words
  • there are different ways of confirmation, I directly pointed at confirmation by action path, the only valid one, IMO
Every one of us made, makes and will make mistakes and shortcomings, PGI's staff is not an exclusion. They must learn from failures to stop reproducing them again and again, e.g. breaking their own word (yes, Russ, if you read this, I point at you) or stubbornly defend illogical and bad designs (damn you Paul Inouye) or being deaf to community (bye-bye Garth). I love MW franchise and welcome any positive changes in PGI's behaviour - especially keeping in mind that we have no choice as PGI has claimed license from MS till 2018 - so I do and will do support sightings of positive changes shown by PGI.

In a lot of ways, Garth was actually bad. He always played games with NGNG, always on twitter, made one or two posts on the forums and never directly confronted issues. Looking over what he did, he didn't seem to provide anything but worthless chatter. My observations on the matter.

#136 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

I started up MWO just now and there is a new patch downloading. Any word on what this new mysterious patch contains?

#137 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 19 February 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

I started up MWO just now and there is a new patch downloading. Any word on what this new mysterious patch contains?

When was the last time you logged in? It's either the Tuesday patch, or the Tuesday night hotfix.

#138 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostHeffay, on 19 February 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

When was the last time you logged in? It's either the Tuesday patch, or the Tuesday night hotfix.

I last logged in this morning for a few quick matches. It's a fairly large patch as well, around 3800MB.

#139 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Thx PGI well done.

#140 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 19 February 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

I last logged in this morning for a few quick matches. It's a fairly large patch as well, around 3800MB.

No idea. Nothing fired off for me when I just started the client. If you're really getting a 3.8GB patch, that's practically the whole game. It's possible it doesn't think it's installed for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users