Hot-Fix Patch #11.1

152 replies to this topic

#81 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Looks like I'm not getting an early night then...

Seriously cool, folks. Not many companies can admit they made an error (if that's what it was, and not just wanting to only release one mech at a time) and then turn around with a fix a few hours later.

Much respect.

#82 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Ermagerd Now I'm gonna need to put some thought on which Griffin variant I want first. ;)

#83 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Haven't done a lot of forum diving lately, but I must say, our happy post v/s rage QQ ratio is way up. Of course, this was a patch with all happy changes yet still some peeps are butthurt over every perceived grievance, and the developers are out here explaining their QA process to random posters. It's like a whole new forum, sorta.

#84 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 February 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

I honestly forgot that the Wolv was supposed to be released in Feb, that's why I didn't understand the Nerdrage.

How much you want to bet that there will be forum rage sometime between now and Clans release with the "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MECH A MONTH?!?!23%@!, PGI LIED!!#@%!"

The Wolverine is a better mech, but I have mine, so it does not matter to me which comes out first. I am curious if we are getting the Mauler next month though.

#85 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 February 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

The Wolverine is a better mech, but I have mine, so it does not matter to me which comes out first. I am curious if we are getting the Mauler next month though.

Mauler is extremely unlikely due to the timeline. While they aren't adhering to it as tightly they are in regards to available variants.

More likely candidates are:

Zeus - 80 Tons
Cyclops - 90 Tons
Banshee - 95 Tons

#86 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I hope we see the Mauler. Big, FAT potbellied mech with massive above shoulder missile boxes. Going to get cored out faster than an Awesome, and almost certainly be an XL death trap unless they radically alter it's profile. And sans an XL, good luck having enough tonnage to do anything really good with those ballistics. And even with the XL it's slow as crap.

Slow, big target. Awesome. The frothing for this mech is honestly as poorly thought thru as the Locust and Flea clamoring was.

#87 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Great update. The pug is the best part.

About the new mechs for a few players. I seem to be the odd players who hates the griffins and loves the wolverienes. I find my little monsters to be my very best mech apart from a few choice assults I save for venting. They hit hard, move well, get ignored regularly and were where I got multiple 1k games. The silly thing about this is they are about the same as griffs but I can bareley break 300 in one of those and I am on my game. It is curious as they are about the same in all stats but my play style loves my wolverines. even when I load them out the same. I really wish I knew why. But perhaps this will get some wolfy love in the game.

GumonChoji

#88 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image

ETA: I was not waiting on the Griffin, I just appreciate how quickly you all took action on a bug and decided to throw a little treat in for those who really had been anxious to see the Griffin.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 18 February 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#89 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 18 February 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Now hotfix me a Marauder ;)

My wildest mwo dream would become true!!!

#90 ToxicValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

As a celebration of how PGI handled the MIA Griffins, what I was patiently waiting for.
Its been some time since I put any money into the game. Today is day I have.
Think what you will, community. I appreciate what they have done today; worthy of some pocket change.

#91 Talys

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBC. Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 18 February 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

I don't know anyone that honestly likes the WVR, and certainly not when compared to SHD, GRF, or even the KTO.

I actually prefer the Wolverine to the Griffin and seem to do better in it. I even like the way it looks... Honestly. : )

The Shadowhawk is still my favourite medium though.

Edited by Talys, 18 February 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#92 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Thanks PGI........ crazy the amount of QQ over the Griff...... which was never announced to be delivered this month in the first place. People gotta realize that most of what is in the Ultimate Mech Thread is pure speculation from a handful of fanboys like me with too much time on our hands.

No speculation on that one:
Posted Image
"Griffin standard variants available for individual purchase Feb 18th."
;)

View PostKyle Polulak, on 18 February 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Here's the original image on our CDN so you get it from an Authorized Source™:

https://static.mwome...ups/griffin.jpg

Hmmmm a Griffin concept art in good resolution...
(now I can do my Peter Griffin repaint)

#93 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Thank you very much for making right on the Griffin issue PGI. The Pure Function Call hotfix is also great ;)

#94 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Well done. Thank you for the crunch effort!

#95 PawPaWuFF

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

beware theres an issue with the griffins missile tubes still (for me atleast)
http://mwomercs.com/...-missile-tubes/

this morning before the 1st patch i sent support an email on this issue i noticed, i put an lrm15-A with 2 streak2 and it would save a streak in the 20tube port then the lrm15 in the next 10, and a sttreak under in the bottom 10 port... now its saving the lrm in the bottom 10 ;) looks like they tried fixing it but its lysdexic...

#96 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Respectfully disagree, the Griffon is a better LRM skirmisher, can mount more Streaks for light hunting, and has variants which switch it up by putting the energy or missile mounts on the opposite torso. Until SRMs are fixed the Wolverine just can't compete with the Griffon.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 18 February 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#97 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

This is the best thread in months. Not only going out of your way to fix a problem, but real-time followup from Karl and Kyle. Thanks very much for that, this gesture is greatly appreciated.

Lemme lighten the wallet a little bit for some MC...

#98 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

And you still haven't fixed the graphics issues you introduced with the UI 2.0...

Seriously? A CORE issue that breaks a good majority of your users (Paying and free) and you blew that off?

I shouldn't be disappointed in you cause I know you don't care about us any way; however, I always secretly hope you'll finally start caring about your community.

I should have known better.

#99 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostWaKK0, on 18 February 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Seriously? A CORE issue that breaks a good majority of your users (Paying and free) and you blew that off?

[Citation Needed]

#100 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostWaKK0, on 18 February 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

And you still haven't fixed the graphics issues you introduced with the UI 2.0...

I shouldn't be disappointed in you cause I know you don't care about us any way; however, I always secretly hope you'll finally start caring about your community.

I should have known better.

They go out of their way to fix a bug (they could have waited until tomorrow), they release a mech that they could have waited until the next patch for, and all you can do is gripe about what still isn't there.

I think it's time for a few people to admit that they just can't drum up anything positive in their craniums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users