ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBilbo, on 18 February 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

honestly.... dunno why it would be photoshopped. Don't remember it either, but that don't mean much since I was buying iit for my Griffs regardless. Thx for the link.

#62 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Thanks PGI........ crazy the amount of QQ over the Griff...... which was never announced to be delivered this month in the first place. People gotta realize that most of what is in the Ultimate Mech Thread is pure speculation from a handful of fanboys like me with too much time on our hands.

It's not announced:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3162081

Look at the red squares. They pretty much announced when we'd expect to see them. Is it official? Looks like it is to me.

What Kyle said.

Edited by Ngamok, 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#63 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 18 February 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Here's the original image on our CDN so you get it from an Authorized Source™:

https://static.mwome...ups/griffin.jpg

Now THIS is class. The best "We dun goofed" and turnaround to un-goof the goof I have seen yet.

#64 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

honestly.... dunno why it would be photoshopped. Don't remember it either, but that don't mean much since I was buying iit for my Griffs regardless. Thx for the link.

I'm in the same boat, don't know and really didn't pay attention since I got 'em early anyway. I can see why souls would be upset though.

#65 xarax123

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

I never heard of Griffin Envy.....but now that I've been informed...I think I got a case of Griffin Envy.

#66 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostPugnax, on 18 February 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

I was crushed to hear there was no Griffin in the patch, this is excellent. It was like hearing that santa isn't real then seeing him slide down your chimney.

I'm still not sure I understand the appeal of the Griffin vs the Wolverine. Anyone have an idea?

#67 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostBilbo, on 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

I'm in the same boat, don't know and really didn't pay attention since I got 'em early anyway. I can see why souls would be upset though.

It's because we don't want PGI repeating that they said one thing and didn't deliver NOR say anything about it on the forums until someone calls them out on it. If they said last month, "Hey, we want to push the Griffin and Wolverine back so we can get the Firestarter and the new Assault next month in first", then maybe it might go over somewhat smoother. But instead, they didn't deliver and didn't say anything about it for some time since people were expecting to see them today.

I have my Griffins since I bought Sabre as well. But people I know kinda wanted them to come out on time.

Edited by Ngamok, 18 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#68 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

View PostExplodedZombie, on 18 February 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I'm still not sure I understand the appeal of the Griffin vs the Wolverine. Anyone have an idea?

Dunno. I haven't come up with anything I like for either of them yet. Probably nostalgia for many.

#69 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Does it matter?

#70 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 18 February 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Here's the original image on our CDN so you get it from an Authorized Source™:

https://static.mwome...ups/griffin.jpg

looks like it's time to repaint my Griffins!

#71 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I honestly forgot that the Wolv was supposed to be released in Feb, that's why I didn't understand the Nerdrage.

How much you want to bet that there will be forum rage sometime between now and Clans release with the "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MECH A MONTH?!?!23%@!, PGI LIED!!#@%!"

#72 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Don't know if the Devs or anyone of importance actually spend the time to read this, but this hot fix gives me the faith and respect I needed to spend money on the Clans. I will pony up some cash for some al la cart mechs i want. Really like to see this kind of involvement and dedication.

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostBilbo, on 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Oh totally. If so much of the timelines and QQ weren't based off of totally unsubstantiated BS from certain community members who are never happy with anything, I would not even question anything. It's why I pretty much always ask for sources and links now, because some of the tidal waves of crap PGI has endured have been entirely generated from forum fiction (or selective reading or understanding of what was posted)- of course, quite a bit has also been entirely from PGI screwing the pooch, also (especially on the communication front). Nice to see Kyle jump in so fast to make sure the record was straight even if it meant PGI admitting to a goof. (Of course I am sure quite a few people will still just keep vilifying them for a mistake they shouldn't have made in the first place. I wonder how many of the people excoriating PGI can walk on water?)

View PostLordLosh, on 18 February 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Don't know if the Devs or anyone of importance actually spend the time to read this, but this hot fix gives me the faith and respect I needed to spend money on the Clans. I will pony up some cash for some al la cart mechs i want. Really like to see this kind of involvement and dedication.

If I wanted a Clan mech I would do likewise. Right now I'm just a little sad that the run of 50% off sales stopped..... was hoping to scoop up a Misery finally! Ah well, good stuff anyhow, need to play with large pulse lasers now!

#74 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I love you guys who pretend you are software engineers and programmers, cause honestly, if you were one on any decent sized project you would know that no matter how vigilant you are, bugs will always get through.

#75 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 February 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Additionally we have also addressed the “Griffin Envy” issue some players have been experiencing and will be releasing the Griffin for MC and C-Bills in this hot-fix.
Thanks for Playing and Enjoy!

Points for appropriate snark, ISN. Well done.

#76 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

I bought the Saber Package, and have played both my Griffins and Wolverines for about a 100 games per chassis (a bit more than 30 games per variant) ... comparing my stats ...

'mech: GRF : WVR
W:L R: 1.41 : 1.0
K:D R: 0.98 : 0.65

So, in general, I win and/or score a kill in a GRF about 1.5 times more often than I do in a WVR. I have a couple of teammates that have done much, much better in their GRFs. I don't know anyone that honestly likes the WVR, and certainly not when compared to SHD, GRF, or even the KTO.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 18 February 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#77 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Oh totally. If so much of the timelines and QQ weren't based off of totally unsubstantiated BS from certain community members who are never happy with anything, I would not even question anything. It's why I pretty much always ask for sources and links now, because some of the tidal waves of crap PGI has endured have been entirely generated from forum fiction (or selective reading or understanding of what was posted)- of course, quite a bit has also been entirely from PGI screwing the pooch, also (especially on the communication front). Nice to see Kyle jump in so fast to make sure the record was straight even if it meant PGI admitting to a goof. (Of course I am sure quite a few people will still just keep vilifying them for a mistake they shouldn't have made in the first place. I wonder how many of the people excoriating PGI can walk on water?)

TBH, I didn't even remember their actual release dates until it was pointed out to me.

With that said, usually their "regular" mech release dates tend to be the same time a camo sale and subsequently camos for them are implemented. Those people that have purchased the PP+Saber pack in advance should have noticed this (outside of the Locust, because that was the first to be released).

The camos for the Griffin are missing (outside of the Hotrod camo), so if you were looking to acquire a different camo... you're going to have to wait. It seems to make the camo resources were dedicated to the Firestarter this month instead of the Griffin, which is probably why it's not ready (and possibly would have had a delayed release if it people didn't point the listed release date out to PGI).

Edited by Deathlike, 18 February 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#78 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostXxRimonsterxX, on 18 February 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Thanks for the hotfix guys! ;)

anyways change of topic:
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this bug issue, but I noticed when I used the "strip" button on my mech I didn't have the items that were stripped in my inventory ex. I stripped all equipment from my mech and the engine didn't show up in my inventory and showed that I had 0 of that item.

Does it show the new inventory after you save the loadout as stripped?

#79 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Congratulations on listening.

After I stopped playing earlier today I thought back to the fiasco with the Public Relations in regards to the Clan packages and delivery of content. All I could think was "Did they really learn nothing? Did they actually leave something this looked forward to out of the patch and not realize they should tell us until the day it hits?"

Well faith is partially restored in the release of the Griffin but it NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED in the first place. Get your act together, don't even let something remotely like this happen with the Wolverine.

#80 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 18 February 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

I bought the Saber Package, and have played both my Griffins and Wolverines for about a 100 games per chassis (a bit more than 30 games per variant) ... comparing my stats ...

'mech: GRF : WVR
W:L R: 1.41 : 1.0
K:D R: 0.98 : 0.65

So, in general, I win and/or score a kill in a GRF about 1.5 times more often than I do in a WVR. I have a couple of teammates that have done much, much better in their GRFs. I don't know anyone that honestly likes the WVR, and certainly not when compared to SHD, GRF, or even the KTO.

Funny since the Meta is ballistics, but yeah I do better in my Grfs too. And it doesn't help the Wolverine that it is the ugliest thing ALex has made since the Trebuchet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users