152 replies to this topic

#101 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

NOPE. Still crashing when I'm running in my lance. Thanks for the hotfix anyhow.

#102 Exalgo

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

Sounds good.

#103 TheDruid

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for fixing the Co-op drop bug. That sucked. Also, thanks for making the Griffin and the Firestarters available for C-bills. That Rocks!

Some quick notes on the new UI 2.0 and Skills.
1) On UI 1.5 I used to be able to get Master level after having completed 2 Elite variants per Chassis. I know because I did it with both the Cicada and the Shadowhawk, and I specifically noticed that it changed with UI 2.0. Unacceptable change IMO.
2) Need to be able to:
a) see how much Mech XP you have on EVERY chassis, not only the ones you currently own, but also
;) be able to spend Mech XP on chassis Skills even if you no longer own the Mech, and
c) be able to upgrade to Master after 2 Elites are complete like it was in UI 1.5.

BOTTOM LINE: I shouldn't have to clean out 3 of my 4 mech bays to work on a new variant or have to buy each mech twice at 8M C-bills a pop!

Lastly, I'm looking forward to seeing the new "Smurfy-like" MECH Lab. Thanks.

#104 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Okay, so... after the Hotfix, I had two Memory Allocation Errors happen within twenty minutes of one-another. I've never seen it that bad. The system and the game were recently reloaded, on February 4th. Do I have to do it, again?

#105 The Cloak

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

Where is the fix for VRead crash ? i used to have this error 4-5 times a day now its EVERY SINGLE GAME since the patch, thanks a lot i can't even play anymore at all and your customer support either takes two days to awnser or doesn't at all.

Edited by BrstCloak, 18 February 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#106 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Erm, did someone forget to also announce that the Flame is on sale for 50% off?

... Or did I miss something?

View PostTheDruid, on 18 February 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

1) On UI 1.5 I used to be able to get Master level after having completed 2 Elite variants per Chassis. I know because I did it with both the Cicada and the Shadowhawk, and I specifically noticed that it changed with UI 2.0. Unacceptable change IMO.

Um, this hasn't been changed since closed beta (well, the mechanic anyway... back then it was two elites for Master, but they were required to be different chassis).
You're able to Master a CDA and a SHD as long as you have three Elited in the medium weight class... so any combination of three medium 'Mech variants that are Elited... like two CDAs and a SHD, or one CDA and two SHDs. Also, I would prefer it if you would remove yourself from my lawn.

Edited by KnowBuddy, 18 February 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#107 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Wow... just a few hours away and I see this.

You guys are seriously starting to address issues? You're starting to surprise me! No offense intended, but I really like where this is going. Huge thumbs up to you Kyle! This kind of communication is all we have ever asked for -> a dialogue. So thanks for sticking around with us, I guess you don't have an imagination of how much this is appreciated.

View PostFlying Blind, on 18 February 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

But since I already have Griffins thanks to sabre reinforcements I will now stop sitting on the fence and buy that Masakari clan pack.

Yeah... and those are hardly earned today. This might be the first time I really have to admit: great job PGI on this one! Keep on going like this, pretty please.

#108 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

I did not experience it - but also thanx a lot for fixing the co-op drop bug! The next Mech Madness Monday wouldn't be the same without beeing able to have some chilled 2-4 player fun and a beer with my pals!
(Allready looking forward to 2-12 player mode as we get to know and pick up more mechwarriors as we go and 1-4 player slowly isn't enough and the huge gap to a full 12player is far but filled.)
And as I see all can enjoy the Griffin now, it is one of my favourite designs - so have fun with this beauty!
Great job PGI!

Edited by Ryoken, 18 February 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#109 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostGasoline, on 18 February 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Wow... just a few hours away and I see this.

You guys are seriously starting to address issues? You're starting to surprise me! No offense intended, but I really like where this is going. Huge thumbs up to you Kyle! This kind of communication is all we have ever asked for -> a dialogue. So thanks for sticking around with us, I guess you don't have an imagination of how much this is appreciated.

yeah kyle and thomas i think have been the ones that communicate most to the forum communities
at least thats what iv seen

#110 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 18 February 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

yeah kyle and thomas i think have been the ones that communicate most to the forum communities
at least thats what iv seen

Let's not forget about Matt, he's also showing up here and there. :rolleyes:

#111 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 18 February 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

BAM! Served.

Still something to cry about?

This is MWO, people will cry about something ALWAYS

#112 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Haven't dropped yet since the weekend (bah...work) but thanks for the fast turnaround on the launch hotfix & Griffin availability!

#113 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Props on releasing the Griffin that ya'll forgot about. I bet that was pretty herp a derp over there in the PGI offices when you realized that ya'll were suppose to release the Griffin. lol PGI, is totally on top of their game yet again.

Props on Garth for jumping ship. Nice to see that one of the smarter rats is deserting the listing ship. Wishing Garth all the best.

CW in 90 days!!!

#114 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 18 February 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

BAM! Served.

Still something to cry about?

Sure... they still released a patch fully aware that it's broken. Handing over a hotfix soon after release doesn't change this fact. I take this hotfix as self-evident, anything else would have been the next poor mistake.
They could have postponed the whole original patch and get the hotfix right into it, without releasing a broken version of the game to the public. That would have been the smart way...

#115 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Whoa that fix was fast, THX :rolleyes:

#116 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Now I can finally re-purchase my Griffins I sold before UI 2.0. Thank you so much, Russ and gang. Now about those Wolverines. . .

#117 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 18 February 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

So instead of your suggested lack of testing, we test it twice to make sure nothing changed between testing servers and production servers BEFORE we open the servers to the public.

Yeah, right. You still manage to produce bugs like when people can't drop together in a team oriented game at an incredible rate. So who does the testing? Monkeys?

View PostZolaz, on 18 February 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

Props on Garth for jumping ship. Nice to see that one of the smarter rats is deserting the listing ship. Wishing Garth all the best.

Agreed and QFT.

#118 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

Is there no Testing System for your patches? Sorry. I like this game but this bug was really not nice. I hope i can Test iff ist gone this evening.

#119 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 18 February 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

They go out of their way to fix a bug (they could have waited until tomorrow), they release a mech that they could have waited until the next patch for, and all you can do is gripe about what still isn't there.

Or they could have actually tested it and didn't introduce the bug in the first place. What people keep forgetting is this isn't beta anymore. Its a released product, that is bugged and broken in too many ways. But instead of fixing they give you new content, which is utterly meaningless. Give a candy to a kid and all his problems go away ...

#120 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

I don't care much about hotfix or Griffin, but I really do appreciate quick response and competent devs' answers in thread. Keep it up, Kyle! Take a lead and push'n'pull entire team. I wish Paul Inouye could join Garth Erlam as soon as possible (Bryan, Russ, do you read? <wink>) and make way for someone capable to lead and think logically.
It is most remarkable day on MWO forums since Clans Invasion announcement for me:
  • PGI proved able for personnel reorganization (Bye Garth! Be ready Paul!)
  • PGI made most quick and correct reaction on their own misstep (minor shortcomings like errors in posters do not count)
  • PGI has confirmed intention to change spin of community relations once again (at least some of devs act consistently)
  • Starter bundles announcement was a good step towards new playerbase (but please, check comments in related feedback section, they have so much reasonable corrections and suggestions!)
Not bad PGI, not bad.

P.S. Want to hear 'well done'? Give us CW before Clans Invasion!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users