#21 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostAlbertoT16, on 04 March 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Read patch notes! DirectX 11 can be enabled! Will that add physics to the game? <_<

No.

#22 ChuChuRo

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostHawk819, on 04 March 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hate to burst your bubble there. At last look on Sarna.net, there's no variant 3E. Have a look for yourself:

Banshee

It's possible that the screen shot has it all wrong. If I had to guess I'd say we're getting the following variants: 1E, 3M, 3S, and 5M. Just saying is all.

What are you talking about? Take a look at your own link again and read the right column. 3E is the basic model.

#23 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hate to burst your bubble there. At last look on Sarna.net, there's no variant 3E. Have a look for yourself:

Banshee

It's possible that the screen shot has it all wrong. If I had to guess I'd say we're getting the following variants: 1E, 3M, 3S, and 5M. Just saying is all.

That's because the 3E is the main variant. Look at the left (Product Information).

#24 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Greetings all,

Yes indeed the 3E is the prime variant shown on the right column, while all the other variants are listed in the lower listing.

And for reference the pilot that this Mech is attributed to is:

El Guapo:
Know only as "El Guapo" the commander of the Errai-based Old Crows Mercenary Company is notorious for his hard drinking and vicious fighting. El Guapo pilots a customized Banshee, constantly upgraded since it's theft from the Nineteenth Galedon Regulars (an act that precipitated a feud between the Mercs and the regulars).

Reference:
Classic BattleTech Readout 3039

Watching the video of the Atlas and the Banshee fight it out, when they closed face to face, I was waiting for one of them to just "Punch" the other. Sadly it never happened, maybe a later update.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 04 March 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#25 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Post9erRed, on 04 March 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

But I'd be more worried about the SLDF variant:
Looking forward to the BNC-5S with the Star League tech installed. (if they follow canon)

XL engine
Dbl HS
Gauss Rifle
2 x ERPPC
SRM6
4 x Medium Lasers
2 x Small Lasers
-- what a beast ---
9erRed

Something smells like melted metal...

#26 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 04 March 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'd love to know what's the reasoning that La Malinche, an "interpreter, advisor, lover and intermediary for Hernán Cortés", thus an accomplice - willing or otherwise - to genocide, should be an inspiration for a hero mech.

Yen Lo Wang, a Chinese-themed mech sporting the colors of the Imperial Japanese Army was one thing - it's a lapsus of an earlier picture recreated in MWO, regrettable and somewhat insensitive, but explainable. This, however, is a wholly new creation. Why would you invoke Malintzin, a controversial figure often seen as a symbol of race treachery, in your game?

With all due respect, (and I mean that,) I think that's silly, politically correct.... stuff. To put it nicely. You've got to work pretty hard to be offended by this. :)

The mech looks cool, although I'm wondering what kind of keyboard-fu you'll have to do to use all of those different weapons efficiently. We shall see.

Edited by Senior Knight Steele, 04 March 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#27 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

You shouldn't put so many close-up shots of mechs walking through trees into your promotional vids. Only underlines that we still don't have destructible terrain :)

#28 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Dunno about the banshee as a whole, but iv already taken to referring to this hero as "La Munchie"

#29 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

That music! THAT MUSIC! Through all the flak, PGI still delivers on some parts of the game reliably and admirably. Great job! :)

#30 Iron Mouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Wonderful HERO mech... LOVE IT!.

#31 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostBilbo, on 04 March 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Check that link out.
http://mwomercs.com/...ost&pid=3195247

Also Smurfy, which I believe takes data from the game files.

Apologies. I realize that 1E is really 3E.

#32 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 04 March 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Dunno about the banshee as a whole, but iv already taken to referring to this hero as "La Munchie"

That made my day XD

#33 Giantsaint

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Bahsheee..I mean banshee...bah..would rather of had mauler.......or zeus, charger, or sadly cyclops...heres hoping it doesnt underperform compared to the highlander...victor...or battlemaster...lol

#34 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

So... you named it after a woman who helped the Spanish conquer & slaughter the Aztecs?

Also: Pardon my crappy paint skills but what is this?

Posted Image

There's two images (on top of eachother) of the mech on the picture feed.

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 04 March 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#35 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 04 March 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'd love to know what's the reasoning that La Malinche, an "interpreter, advisor, lover and intermediary for Hernán Cortés", thus an accomplice - willing or otherwise - to genocide, should be an inspiration for a hero mech.

Yen Lo Wang, a Chinese-themed mech sporting the colors of the Imperial Japanese Army was one thing - it's a lapsus of an earlier picture recreated in MWO, regrettable and somewhat insensitive, but explainable. This, however, is a wholly new creation. Why would you invoke Malintzin, a controversial figure often seen as a symbol of race treachery, in your game?

Because it's my first reason to buy one? She was a slave given to the aggressor, here comes the pusishment.

Also when he moves with his arms low at the start of the vid, it's fkin badass, like a giant skulking about to smash something, give us an option to lower the arm!

Edited by DAYLEET, 04 March 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#36 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 04 March 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

So... you named it after a woman who helped the Spanish conquer & slaughter the Aztecs?

Because it sounds cool I guess. Im not happy about it either. :)

#37 Blitzace

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

It sounds like this mech will be a lot like the Dragon Slayer where the variants have far better hard points than the hero. I talked with someone in support about why they tend to neef some hero mechs, he said it was because they didn't want to have a pay to win scheme. That of course makes no sense, it's not like they try to sell you overpowered air/artillery strikes, not like that's pay to win or anything. So instead, they take the portion of mechwarrior players that keep them in business, and give them subpar mechs to play with. (Sorry, starting to rant)

#38 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostRedDragon, on 04 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

You shouldn't put so many close-up shots of mechs walking through trees into your promotional vids. Only underlines that we still don't have destructible terrain :)

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Seriously, trees need to be able to die. We've got ghost heat, but ghost trees in 2014 is not aiming high.

#39 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Banshee

Actually the base variant on Sarna is the 3E

Edit: Sorry looks like this has already been addressed.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 04 March 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#40 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostBlitzace, on 04 March 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

It sounds like this mech will be a lot like the Dragon Slayer where the variants have far better hard points than the hero. I talked with someone in support about why they tend to neef some hero mechs, he said it was because they didn't want to have a pay to win scheme. That of course makes no sense, it's not like they try to sell you overpowered air/artillery strikes, not like that's pay to win or anything. So instead, they take the portion of mechwarrior players that keep them in business, and give them subpar mechs to play with. (Sorry, starting to rant)

Im still of the opinion that hero mechs were done wrong from the start, instead it should have been a hero-kit you buy and apply to a appropriate chassy: IE use a Dragon Slayer kit to upgrade a 9K, 9B or 9S with a spiffy paintjobs and new designation (IE VTR-DS) but maintain the hardpoints of the parent design. With the exception of maybe YLW and illya no one really buys a hero for its hardpoints, they want the uniqueness, paint and cbill boost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users