94 replies to this topic

#41 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

I'd be curious to see if manually selecting motion blur to 'off' (even if the game tells you it's off right now) fixes anyone else's problems here. It's made a vast (though not complete) improvement for me.

#42 eleazr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

my fps halved with this patch.

i would comfortably get 50-60 fps with video settings on the lowest settings prior to the patch. After the patch, I'd get 20-30 fps (still with lowest settings). I had been running one video card and had to setup another and SLI to get my performance back.

system now:
Windows XP
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.33
2.5 GB Ram
2x NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT SLI (was 1 prior to patch)

Edited by eleazr, 05 March 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#43 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostBlalok, on 05 March 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'd be curious to see if manually selecting motion blur to 'off' (even if the game tells you it's off right now) fixes anyone else's problems here. It's made a vast (though not complete) improvement for me.

Made no different if it was off, low, or high for me in both performance and in how the game looked.

View Posteleazr, on 05 March 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

my fps halved with this patch.

i would comfortably get 50-60 fps with video settings on the lowest settings prior to the patch. After the patch, I'd get 20-30 fps (still with lowest settings). I had been running one video card and had to setup another and SLI to get my performance back.

system now:
Windows XP
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.33
2.5 GB Ram
2x NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT SLI (was 1 prior to patch)

Disable SLI, SLI support isn;t working.

#44 Master Q

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Count another one with both the FPS drops, AND random crash-to-desktops like crazy. I've even fully removed and reinstalled the game to no effect.

#45 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

This seemed to help (in training Grounds) somewhat - FPS is only dropping to 25 to 30. Still seeing lots of stuttering though.

AMD Phenom II 975 quad core
AMD HD 7870

#46 Mikey MIRV

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Big FPS hit (stuttering) on this patch for me too. I've tried many combinations of settings on DX9 and DX11 with no apparent effect. The stuttering still occurs.

#47 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 04 March 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Huge FPS drops, looks like I've got motion blur on when it should be off. Ping is jacked up and fluctuating heavily for no reason.

The motion blur is driving me nuts. The weird ghosting we have as "motion blur" is awful.

I mean, really, does ANYONE want to see this?

Posted Image

And 33fps? Really? *cries* Before the patch, this would be 60; dropping at most to 45 under heavy load (huge brawl and long view distances, etc)

I always turn motion blur off. It's terrible. Doesn't help, though, it's not actually turning off.

Edited by Wintersdark, 05 March 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#48 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Mwahahaha, now is my chance to take advantage of y'all having crappy fps, now you're just like me!
Posted Image

#49 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Posting this here too as a possible solution. Would be nice to have some others verify and see if this helps with the stutters.

View PostLupin, on 06 March 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

I have had the same problem on a lot of maps played and testing ground.
In testing ground glitching in FPS stops after I run the whole map. Wonder if it's just DX11 loading up textures/graphics?

I think you're on to something with this. Coupled with the cache errors OP was getting, I really think this has something to do with it.

Like all of you, I was getting weird FPS drops/stutters with the DX11 patch, went back to DX9 where the experience was a little better. But with an i5-2500k at 4.6-5 GHz and an R9 290 that's watercooled, I shouldn't be having FPS drops at all (was getting ~90 with Very High settings @ 1920x1200), so the stuttering has been irking me a bit.

Loaded up the testing grounds just now, same stuttering. However, running all the way around the map, looking in every direction, on the second "lap" the FPS was much more consistent. Still a couple hiccups here and there, but no drops to 20FPS like before. Very smooth. I'd say give it a try - since DX11 is a new rendering path, I suppose it makes sense to have to cache everything again on new maps.

Try running around each map a few times, making sure to look in every direction to "load" textures/shaders/etc. See what happens on the second lap.

EDIT: Deleting my shader cache folder (C:\WhereYouInstalledMWO\USER\Shaders\Cache) and running the repair tool helped smooth everything out as well. I still think there's something that needs to be fixed, but it's playable now in DX11 for me on multiple systems.

Hopefully this helps some others too.

Edited by MercJ, 11 March 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#50 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Same. Frame drop with DX9. well more like laggy noticable frame dips into the 30s. Also a GPU temp rise from 60 to 70*. Fans were already full blast at 60*

#51 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

hmm okay, looks like thats it for me right now.

tried everything out and made sure this isn't my fault.. :rolleyes:

i really like this game buts its not payable for me right now, will be off until they got it fixed. these framedrops are taking out the fun of the game.

Hopefully soon.

edit: also my ping is getting higher than normal.. normally i had around 130... now from 150 up to 200 wich isn't in any way good to play.

Edited by Enzlaved, 06 March 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#52 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Try to monitor your GPU in game. My GPU was running at 700-800mhz after the patch and it used to run at 1250mhz. After forcing high performance in the Nvidia control panel I am back up to 1150 but It never BOOSTs to 1250mhz anymore?

While this has made it playable for me again FPS is still down on DX9.

#53 M0wLaue

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationgermany

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

same problem with directx9/11 here. massive framedrops and sometimes crash to desktop due to framedrops. deleting the shadercache doesnt help anyway

Edited by M0wLaue, 06 March 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#54 El Space Doctor

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Same here. From nice FPS, but now running at average of 60. Which wouldn't be bad at all if didn't drop to 10 every now and then.

i7 4770 and gtx780.

#55 El Maestro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 464 posts
  • LocationVleuten, Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Same here, drop to 10 fps every second and then up again.

i7 & Radeon HD 5450 using DX11

For me it is not playable anymore, will return to the game if fps get back normal.

Edited by El Maestro, 07 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#56 rambler78

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

There goes my premium month. Game is totally unplayable, good job PGI!!!
May you never patch again.....

#57 Depressed MasterBlaster

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

First post ever here.
Ok, since the patch my experiance has been that when i look around or i have more than one player's mech moving around in front of me my fps drops to 15fps+/-5 and then also the screen stutters. Also like others have said, i have changed all my video settings multiple times and nothing helps. This from what i remember did not start until i switched to dx11. Now both dx9 and dx11 are having the same issues.

This makes the game unplayable, and this really sucks, I love this F**king game.

DMB ;)

pc specs:
2x MSI radeon hd 7950
i5-3450-3.4ghz
16 gb ram ddr3
*ran on high settins with v-sync, maintained a steady 60-75fps

Edited by Depressed MasterBlaster, 06 March 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#58 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

View PostKaptain, on 06 March 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Try to monitor your GPU in game. My GPU was running at 700-800mhz after the patch and it used to run at 1250mhz. After forcing high performance in the Nvidia control panel I am back up to 1150 but It never BOOSTs to 1250mhz anymore?

While this has made it playable for me again FPS is still down on DX9.

i monitored the GPU and my Processor with some curious results:

GPU load while in game actively fighting: 40% - 50%
CPU load wile in game actively fighting: 30% - 38%

GPU load while specctating someone: 60% - 70%
CPU load while specctating someone: 30% - 38%

GPU load while at the mechlab, doing nothing: 58%
CPU load while at the mechlab doing nothing: 5% - 9%

in every case my GPU runs at 1070Mhz like every time but from the eight cores i've got only 4 are used, the other ones have a loadout of max. 1%.. no matter what i do.

Forcing my gfx driver into high performance mode doesnt get any results withing MWO. Also forcing high quality dont do it ;)

Edit: i'd like to see some official statements about that problem since there are a lot of players experience those.

Edit 2: would be nice to see if other players having the same problems with the shader cache.
Just delete the file "Omicron.log" in the MWO folder, start the game and play a testing ground... after that log out and open the Omicron.log with a texteditor like notepad. Inside you may see if you also got these problems. Would also be nice if you guys posting your Omicron.log file here as a spoiler.

Really interested if there are others experienced this shader shit.

Edited by Enzlaved, 07 March 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#59 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

Re-installed game into a different location = nothing changed, still the same problem.

log says that the game still can't load the "missing" shaders (wich are still where they belongs to be and NOT missing)...

after every single map, mechlab, whatever loading it says:

could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!

ths is somewhat getting on my nerves, i can't explain.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT PLEASE!

P.S.: EVERY tip a GM and forum posts told me DOES NOT WORK..

all the re-installs, cache folder deletion, user.cfg deleteion (i dont even created a user.cfg ...) and allllllll the stuff i've been told and figuered out by myself (i'm not a computer dummie) didn't worked. i'm not searching for any errors i've could have made anymore.

My hardware and its drivers are NEW... i'm building computers from scratch since 20 years. My system is clean and stable all the time (except when i try to play MWO :lol:)

#60 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostDepressed MasterBlaster, on 06 March 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

First post ever here.
Ok, since the patch my experiance has been that when i look around or i have more than one player's mech moving around in front of me my fps drops to 15fps+/-5 and then also the screen stutters. Also like others have said, i have changed all my video settings multiple times and nothing helps. This from what i remember did not start until i switched to dx11. Now both dx9 and dx11 are having the same issues.

This makes the game unplayable, and this really sucks, I love this F**king game.

DMB :lol:

pc specs:
2x MSI radeon hd 7950
i5-3450-3.4ghz
16 gb ram ddr3
*ran on high settins with v-sync, maintained a steady 60-75fps

See this post for setting up crossfirex, I've got it working correctly no shutter and decent fps. you have to follow all of the instructions posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users