Fps Drops Since Patch

94 replies to this topic

#81 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

The graphics are a mess right now with no streamlining in sight.

Before:
I was playing in 1400/900 wide screen low graphics with a stable 30 to 39 FPS.

Now:
I had to drop it to 1280/680 That gives me 30 to 60 fps spike that's playable and stable. I can also bump to medium graphics but a get 19 to 34 FPS spike.

At 1400/900 under then new graphics I get the same 19 to 34 FPS spike.

I think its due to the extra assault turrets also the fact that the server is now compensating for both direct x 9 and direct x 11 It seems like the graphics program also having a issue with over shading

Every patch the whole graphics element is getting sloppier and more messy forcing your PC graphic card to compensate.

I am even looking into adding a RAM chip to help take some load off my graphic card AMD HD 6670. I just downloaded the newest graphic drivers for my card.

Its safe to say they should rewrite the minimum specs for playing MechWarrior online.

But your looking at me running 8 gb of RAM and HD 6670 card using a 26 inch Vizo TV for monitor and I getting only 34-50 FPS so graphics need to be streamlined in the next few patches.

#82 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'll have to go back to my earlier posts and edit them to add this, but deleting my shader cache folder (C:\WhereYouInstalledMWO\USER\Shaders\Cache) and running the repair tool helped smooth everything out as well. I still think there's something that needs to be fixed, but it's playable now in DX11 for me on multiple systems.

Hopefully this helps some others too.

#83 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

I have the same problems as described above. I've deleted the Shader cache and hope that'll help. Haven't tried it yet. But I was virtually stable at 55-60 pre-patch. Now I'm getting 30s if that. I'm pretty sure my computer has the power to run this game maxed out. Well, it did last week anyway.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3930K
32 GB RAM
2 x GTX 690s with newest drivers
Etc, etc.

This'll drive the less than hard-core gamers away if it keeps up. They're not going to routinely delete shader caches and use the repair tool twice a month.

#84 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Used to run 60-70 fps with stable (smooth motion) drops to 45 during heavy sections.
Since the patch I'm running an un-stable (no smooth motion) 45fps max.

All of this is in DX9. DX11 was horrific and buggy.

It's crazy that this has happened. DX11 worked perfectly in public test, how did this go wrong?!

Edited by Veranova, 11 March 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#85 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

I got a game in earlier and noticed a frame rate drop too. I usually run at 35-45 fps but I was at about 20. Although I run Win Xp x64, so it's not surpising for me when this stuff happens on patches since it's a workhose OS and not a gaming OS.

Anyways, wait for the hotfix.

#86 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

I've seen just about everything everyone else here has..........in addition, when I enable DX-11 I get random crashes to desktop. No error message, no nothing, just a closed client and a desktop view.

I have not contact support, I've done the repair tool and the shader cache tricks and that didn't change it so my assumption is that this is something PGI will eventually fix.

#87 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostR Razor, on 11 March 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

I've seen just about everything everyone else here has..........in addition, when I enable DX-11 I get random crashes to desktop. No error message, no nothing, just a closed client and a desktop view.

I have not contact support, I've done the repair tool and the shader cache tricks and that didn't change it so my assumption is that this is something PGI will eventually fix.

Are you using a custom user cfg? if so get rid of it it is causing conflict.

#88 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

solid loss of 15fps for me regardless of the settings i choose, alongside a new bug: even on DX9 the game seems to "lag out" frequently, which screwed up my aim many times yesterday. motion blur and depth of field seem to be "on" despite the fact that i have them turend "off".
performance has been degrading ever since closed beta and is close to reach another low point where i can't even play the game properly.

i would really like to see some improvement in this department as soon as possible. secondly the options menu needs more distinct choices (FoV slider, Depth of Field checkbox, Lens Flares, Film Grain, Reflection etc.). HAWKEN is acutally a good example for what choices an options menu should offer in 2014.

#89 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostShamous13, on 12 March 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

Are you using a custom user cfg? if so get rid of it it is causing conflict.

Nope, no changes to the .cfg file on my part.

#90 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Some of my recent experience:

I deleted the shader cache and it initially seemed to improve things. Then I got Caustic and Forest Colony. On these two maps I suffer NOTICEABLE drops in FPS. I run stable at 55-60 on max settings everywhere else, but on those two maps I drop to 30 at best. Nothing is happening; no shooting or anything. It just sits at around 30 and this is consistent over multiple matches. The bummer is that Forest Colony is my fav map. That aside, I have no issues on other maps, it seems, though perhaps I didn't get all of them yet.

Specifically, Forest Colony sat for a time at 20 FPS, which is unplayable. I couldn't shoot at anything and died defenseless. The enemy must have thought I was terrible. Caustic is 30 FPS no matter what.

So deleting the shader helped in some ways but not in others. Just throwing my experiences into the mix.

#91 BafGandalf

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

I report the same, the "Lag spikes" had me shocked, confused, and defenseless sometimes.

When i notice the lag, my mech keeps moving around the map, on my view, but others stay moving their legs on same spot, "Max Paine" time effect.

After the 5-6 seconds that take the outcome, i have to check my score and see how i died. Horrible.

I used to have about 45-55 FPS, now dropping to 20-25 FPS on ALL maps. Huge loss, unplayable sometimes. (checked my ping and FPS constantly during the game)

No hardware change, just the patch. (Win 7 64b, Radeon 7770, 8 GB mem).

#92 Sir Ludwig

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

I just wanted to post that I'm having the same problem. I have been playing for awhile and buy a new top end machine each year just for this game. However, after the last patch I can't get a FPS higher then 35 and it drops to single digits to low teens. On two of the maps its unplayable. I am really disappointed w/ PGI at this point.

Sir Ludwig

#93 Master Q

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostVeranova, on 11 March 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Used to run 60-70 fps with stable (smooth motion) drops to 45 during heavy sections.
Since the patch I'm running an un-stable (no smooth motion) 45fps max.

All of this is in DX9. DX11 was horrific and buggy.

It's crazy that this has happened. DX11 worked perfectly in public test, how did this go wrong?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law
"The law's namesake was Capt. Ed Murphy, a development engineer from Wright Field Aircraft Lab. Frustration with a strap transducer which was malfunctioning due to an error in wiring the strain gage bridges caused him to remark – "If there is any way to do it wrong, he will" – referring to the technician who had wired the bridges at the Lab. I assigned Murphy's law to the statement and the associated variations."

Sounds right to me. Should we produce the PGI Corrolary To Murphy's Law?

Edited by Master Q, 13 March 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#94 Caboosegg

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWigan, UK

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

since the latest patch i have notice a drop of 10 fps overall this doesnt matter if im using DX11 or DX9.
i have gone from 30 fps average to around 20fps average this has sadly after being on mech warriors has made the game unplayable for me until i upgrade my graphic card. i'm dissapointed that every time PGI is continuing to push this game in the general direction of only people who have high end rigs can play.

#95 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Nyah nyah, I haven't patched yet so I can't complain that the game is teh suxxorz.

Not sure which is the better of the two.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users