So Basicly, The Wolf Were The "smart Guy's"?

343 replies to this topic

#321 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

here is the brilliance of Ulric Kerensky who looks like Chuck Norris from pics on Sarna.net

Ulric was like "ok were going to invade the inner sphere..this might be a good time to also weaken clan wolf's rivals...the smoke jags and falcons"

So he draws up attack corridors and gets the over-ambitious and prideful Ikhan Leo Showers to agree to it. And thanks to the recon by the Wolf's Dragoons (a clan wolf scout unit disgusied as Mercs) he knows exactly the intell of all the IS forces. He knows that the newly created young state of the FRR is most weakest...so he assigns the wolf that attack corridor knowing that it is the easiest path to Terra. He doesn't care much about Ghost Bear's attack corridor because he has no grudge against them. The smoke jags however he has them attacking the Draconis Combine...not an easy task. The Jade Falcons he has attacking the Lyran and their Assault heavy regiments.

Thus i feel sorry for anyone who is going to play jade falcon come CW. You have to fight against the Lyran Commonwealth who places FIRST PLACE in the faction tournament held recently and has production facilitates that produce the Atlas. Better hope one of the IS factions invades the planets that manufacturer the Atlas!

#322 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Uh no. Ulric did not decide that. Leo Showers decided it for him as an insult.

#323 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 May 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

I understand what you say and while it is partly true, i see that some Jade Falcon players (like one whose name starts with Ed and ends with Steele :( ) thinks that actually the Wolf Clan was not as powerful as most claim. I will be objective on the history of the Wolves pointing out how not everything went well for them and how they have been defeated more than a few times:

-They lost their IlKhan, Nicholas Kerensky, in a dishonorable action;
-Their "task force" has suffered having damage pursuing the fleeing Widowmakers;
-They lost the schematics of the Dire Wolf to the Jaguars;
-They lost (narrowly) the Trial of Refusal to prevent the invasion & forced to fight in the easiest invasion corridor to negate them chances for more glory, even if this eventually benefitted them in the race toward Terra;
-They have been opposed by all the other invading Clans until Tukayyid and even then;
-Ulric failed to keep the Crusaders at bay until the Truce expired and had to start the Refusal War;
-Ulric died at the hands of the Falcon SaKhan (in an ambush.. :huh: )
-The Clan has been split (the Exiled are not that strong actually, they have only three Galaxies IIRC).
-Sure, two Clan Wolf may be strong but a single united Clan would have been stronger.
-The two Clan Wolf are opposing each other and i do not see it as a good thing to pride us with.

I am not very familiar with Jihad and Dark Age but it looks like Ghost Bears, Snow Raven, Jade Falcon and Star Adders will become quite strong too.

Too bad for him things will not go quite that way :lol:

P.S. a single vote may decide the fate of the Clans in the Grand Council. A vote could renew the invasion, something an entire Touman could not do.

They lost the schematics for the Dire Wolf but where granted the ability to produce them in a later trial

Their task force may have been damaged dealing with the widowmakers but it made no impact on their ability to fight

The Wolves in exile at 3 galaxies is actually pretty large and potent, having not only been given an entire Smoke Jaguar cluster FULLY intact during Operation Serpent/Bulldog, but later capturing the contents of a Leviathan class warship from the Bears full of prefab buildings recreating an infrastructure

Nickolas may have died to a dishonorable act but that has no bearing on the clan as a whole as they are now the sole clan with the Kerensky gene material

Ulrics death was a total martyrdom for Clan Wolf securing the escape of his clan. Compare that to Clan Nova Cat's flight from the home worlds where they lost the bulk of their entire Touman. The Wolves got out in decent shape.

Like I said before about the invasion corridor it didn't matter it secured them more honor in the long run.

Every setback the Wolves have ever suffered was actually an advancement in disguise, even big ones like getting smashed in the refusal war are quickly turned around, free Jag galaxy free warship, remaking Jade Wolf into Wolf again free of the stigma.

It's lame writing at it's finest.

Edit: Fixed per Craig Steele's corrections

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 08 May 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#324 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yes speaking of the Daishi, we call it the Dire Wolf, not the Dire Jaguar. I think Clan Wolf is OK in that aspect of things. :(

Correction: They are the sole Clan that can make warriors with a claim to the Kerensky Bloodname but there are other Clans that have the Kerensky gene material.

We are one of them........ :lol:

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 08 May 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#325 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 08 May 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

The Wolves in exile at 3 galaxies is actually pretty large and potent, having not only been given an ENTIRE Smoke Jaguar galaxy FULLY intact during Operation Serpent/Bulldog, but later capturing a LEVIATHAN class starship from the Bears full of prefab buildings recreating an infrarstructure

It's lame writing at it's finest.

Just for correctness, it was not a Galaxy that the WiE won, it was a Cluster. The 6th Jaguar Dragoons.

Also they captured only the equipment in the Levithan of GB, not Leviathan itself ever entered the Clan Wolf touman. Two were built originally and used for transporting GB to the IS (one of which was the subject of the trial) and only 2 others were constructed later. One by the GB's at the new yards in Alshain and one by the Steel Vipers back in the Home Worlds which played a central part in there wars circa 3060

But as to your sentiment, yeah CW is a kind of Hollywood good guy, takes out helicopters with a car and always gets the girl.

#326 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 08 May 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Just for correctness, it was not a Galaxy that the WiE won, it was a Cluster. The 6th Jaguar Dragoons.

Also they captured only the equipment in the Levithan of GB, not Leviathan itself ever entered the Clan Wolf touman. Two were built originally and used for transporting GB to the IS (one of which was the subject of the trial) and only 2 others were constructed later. One by the GB's at the new yards in Alshain and one by the Steel Vipers back in the Home Worlds which played a central part in there wars circa 3060

But as to your sentiment, yeah CW is a kind of Hollywood good guy, takes out helicopters with a car and always gets the girl.

You are correct on the cluster I dunno why I thought it was a galaxy but are you sure they didn't capture the ship? I'm under the impression that they did.

#327 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 08 May 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

You are correct on the cluster I dunno why I thought it was a galaxy but are you sure they didn't capture the ship? I'm under the impression that they did.

AFAIK they bid for the contents only. It might have made the journey to Arc Royal to unload, but it never was the subject of the trial.

No Leviathan was ever in the Wolf TO&E that I can see and all the others are accounted for so there are none "missing". The Warden Clan Source book covers both the Ghost Bear and Wolf in Exile toumans circa 3060 which details that Clan Ghost Bear held at that time both its Leviathans and Ragnar (ie, this is current post the trial with Clan WiE) and that Clan WiE does not hold a Leviathan in its touman.

Ghost Bear built 2 which did the transfer to the IS, and both of those served with Clan Ghost Bear in the early 60's fighting the DC. They were building a 3rd during the same timeline which subsequently entered the GB Touman. So all 3 GB Leviathans are accounted for.

Clan Steel Viper build one later which plays a part in the Reaving Wars (I thinks it's circa 3065+?, much later anyway)

#328 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 08 May 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

AFAIK they bid for the contents only. It might have made the journey to Arc Royal to unload, but it never was the subject of the trial.

No Leviathan was ever in the Wolf TO&E that I can see and all the others are accounted for so there are none "missing". The Warden Clan Source book covers both the Ghost Bear and Wolf in Exile toumans circa 3060 which details that Clan Ghost Bear held at that time both its Leviathans and Ragnar (ie, this is current post the trial with Clan WiE) and that Clan WiE does not hold a Leviathan in its touman.

Ghost Bear built 2 which did the transfer to the IS, and both of those served with Clan Ghost Bear in the early 60's fighting the DC. They were building a 3rd during the same timeline which subsequently entered the GB Touman. So all 3 GB Leviathans are accounted for.

Clan Steel Viper build one later which plays a part in the Reaving Wars (I thinks it's circa 3065+?, much later anyway)

It's in Era Report 3062 and yeah you are right it was a Trial for the Contents.

#329 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 May 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

I am not very familiar with Jihad and Dark Age but it looks like Ghost Bears, Snow Raven, Jade Falcon and Star Adders will become quite strong too.

Star Adders ended up being the most powerful clan in clan space thanks in large part to their absorption of
clan burrock and because they weren't engage in constant fighting a lot of the burrock assets they captured were still intact by the dark ages

Snow Raven i would say ended being the strongest altogether because of their mercantile trade and navel fleet. They merged with the outworlds league

Ghost Bear also was pretty strong at the end merging with the FRR

Clan wolf on the other hand had lost most of their freeborn warriors, they were embarrassed when they tried and failed to conquer hells horse worlds. In the end they become "a paper tiger"

Clan Jade Falcon broke into a civil war, their sibko were smaller and weaker leading some to believe that someone tainted their blood legacy, I believe Joanna discovered that clan wolf was behind it when she was a spy for the falcon watch, they accept the mongol doctrine (nuking planets from orbit with WMD's) in the end which we can only imagine makes them more of an pariah then true honorable warriors

So in the end the Snow ravens, Bear and Adders were probably the best off

Edited by Grimwill, 08 May 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#330 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 08 May 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

Clan wolf on the other hand had lost most of their freeborn warriors, they were embarrassed when they tried and failed to conquer hells horse worlds. In the end they become "a paper tiger"

Last I heard Clan Wolf pretty much packed up everything (leaving previously claimed worlds behind so they could have all their resources together) and plowed through the Republic of the Sphere (or its remains) to reach Terra, ultimately claiming it and becoming the ilClan per Clan traditions.

Edited by Risko Vinsheen, 08 May 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#331 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 08 May 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Last I heard Clan Wolf pretty much packed up everything (leaving previously claimed worlds behind so they could have all their resources together) and plowed through the Republic of the Sphere (or its remains) to reach Terra, ultimately claiming it and becoming the ilClan per Clan traditions.

I'd be interested on your source cause that's probably news to most people if it is the case.

The Steel Wolves had a dip at Terra and got handed a nice little slap around the face before leaving with their tail between their legs.

The rest of the Wolves kinda just disappeared into the Lyran / Marik border wars AFAIK, mostly fighting alongside the Republic of the Sphere.

They seem to pretty much loose their identity when they fragment up into small merc units and RoS affiliates.

#332 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 09 May 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

I'd be interested on your source cause that's probably news to most people if it is the case.

Field Manual 3145 and Historical Era Report 3145.

#333 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 09 May 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

I am very interested in this, but i want to finish reading some Succession Wars novels before diving into Civil War, Jihad and Dark Age.

#334 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 09 May 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Yup, this is basically my source, though I haven't read them personally. I read threads on the Battletech forums where people were discussing these sourcebooks. I also know (though not from personal experience, again) that last year's big Battletech event at Origins or some other convention was a big Trial of Possession between Clan Wolf and Republic of the Sphere forces for Terra. From what I read Clan Wolf won the event and thus won Terra.

I don't have definitive proof since I haven't read them personally, but that's why I prefaced my previous statement with 'last I heard'.

#335 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Wolfs on Terra - Jadeparrots on Skye -
hear my voice - kill the Clans kill em all - not in the nice manor they did with the Smoke Jags - in the real things to settle like they did with the NovaCats

#336 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 09 May 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

Wolfs on Terra - Jadeparrots on Skye -
hear my voice - kill the Clans kill em all - not in the nice manor they did with the Smoke Jags - in the real things to settle like they did with the NovaCats

We are ilClan Wolf. Terra is now ours, and we will defend it to your deaths. :)

#337 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

View PostNathan K, on 09 May 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

We are ilClan Wolf. Terra is now ours, and we will defend it to your deaths. B)

Wait, we have to see which Clan Wolf is IlClan Wolf.. :P

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 May 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#338 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 May 2014 - 04:55 AM, said:

Wait, we have to see which Clan Wolf is IlClan Wolf.. B)

It's either the Crusader Clan Wolf or they also reabsorbed Wolf-in-Exile. I seem to recall reading they took a detour through Steiner space potentially for that purpose, but I can't remember for sure. They may have also picked up the remains of the Steel Wolves. I think Anastasia Kerensky's Wolf Hunters are the only ones not back in the fold.

#339 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 10 May 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

It's either the Crusader Clan Wolf or they also reabsorbed Wolf-in-Exile. I seem to recall reading they took a detour through Steiner space potentially for that purpose, but I can't remember for sure. They may have also picked up the remains of the Steel Wolves. I think Anastasia Kerensky's Wolf Hunters are the only ones not back in the fold.

Interesting stuff. Anyway, i will try to "read" this thread without actually reading anything else.. I picked up some info here and there but i stil want to be surprised when i will read about the Dark Age events :) :P

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 May 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#340 Pinhead

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWith BnI

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Hay Guys!
If you are not familiar with the original game Battle Droids, BattleTech, or MechWarrior, Look me up in game and I can give you a link to my Read Only dropbox. I have most of the original game books, manuals, and most all of the novels.I'm not going to just put it in here but if you join my Company BNI or find me in game I'll be glad to let you look threw my collection. I know I am missing a few so sorry about that.
Pinhead.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users