Fs9-H "farsight" Twin Erlls

48 replies to this topic

#21 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 16 March 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

I have been on the mountaintop in the center of the Crimson Strait map a few times. I can make it up there with my 3 JJ's.

I often scale the volcanoes in Terra Thermal jump across the cauldrons so I can save time walking around them. And some tops of the crystal peaks overlooking the centrer wrecks in tourmaline. Its the last place on earth anyone expects twin erlls to fire from. :D

#22 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

View PostCaptainDeez, on 16 March 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

I often scale the volcanoes in Terra Thermal jump across the cauldrons so I can save time walking around them. And some tops of the crystal peaks overlooking the centrer wrecks in tourmaline. Its the last place on earth anyone expects twin erlls to fire from. :D

You beat me there. I've only been on those tops once or twice to snipe.

In any case. What they say about a damage score below 500 being average may be true if you only look at numbers.
But you and me probably keep another set of numbers up in our heads subconciously every match -
"How many slowpoke enemy mechs did i distract this time? 3-5?"

KDR and damage ain't everything. Do what is fun.
Not being a meta player may not net you so many kills, but i'll bet you enjoy the game more than most who just go with the most optimised build available.

#23 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Sniping is one of the things I an find the FS is worst at compared to the other lights.
Problem been the bad torso pitch combined with the cockpit dashboard being a bit too high.
The dash board of often gets into the view of my shots.. Just annoying..

#24 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Exactly, and despite not playing meta, my win ratio with this mech improved dramatically since using this build. I think a big reason for this is because I can get a sight on the enemies initial movements very early on in the match. Its amazing how well a pug can perform when they know for certain the main thrust is at c3, ect. This game rewards sound tactics as well as outright damage.

#25 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

You don't need LL to be able to use the chat you know? you can scout even with a close range build and you should.

And the reson you should not use that build on a FS is not because it's "bad" but because it's a waste, since both Spiders and Raven can run that build better and and the variations on the close range FS are almost all better than wasting 6 hardpoints for minor long range damage.
And if your end result is 200 damage and 10 assist it means you farmed c-bills without doing any real damage.
200 damage and 10 assists means you basically hit every enemy once with the double LL, and since the beam is almost impossible to pinpiont on one location from long range it means you splashed 20 damage over 4/5 locations, doing basically nothing.

Is this build good for farming c-bills? yes, as any mech with an ERLL is.
Is this build good for fighing and doing something for the team? no really, the only reason it's viable for raven and spider is the ECM cover they give to the team while firing those lasers

#26 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostJeanMarks, on 17 March 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

You don't need LL to be able to use the chat you know? you can scout even with a close range build and you should.

And the reson you should not use that build on a FS is not because it's "bad" but because it's a waste, since both Spiders and Raven can run that build better and and the variations on the close range FS are almost all better than wasting 6 hardpoints for minor long range damage.
And if your end result is 200 damage and 10 assist it means you farmed c-bills without doing any real damage.
200 damage and 10 assists means you basically hit every enemy once with the double LL, and since the beam is almost impossible to pinpiont on one location from long range it means you splashed 20 damage over 4/5 locations, doing basically nothing.

Is this build good for fighing and doing something for the team? no really, the only reason it's viable for raven and spider is the ECM cover they give to the team while firing those lasers

????? Am I reading this correctly ? Depend on pugs ?
Anyway.. Any Light ERLL build works but it works better against a slower, bigger team in big maps.

The results... is something like this... Not 200 damage.. Hah...

#27 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

You will hardly find a better build for the slow Raven variants but I felt like /facepalm when I watched your enemies there. :D
Nevertheless, it's a waste to run this on a FS9 for several reasons.

#28 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostShinVector, on 17 March 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

????? Am I reading this correctly ? Depend on pugs ?
Anyway.. Any Light ERLL build works but it works better against a slower, bigger team in big maps.

The results... is something like this... Not 200 damage.. Hah...

If you play vs that kind of enemies even going around with 1 small laser and xl 100 engine can get that kind of results, you got shot once in the whole first game... lol

And btw those are ravens, not FS, nobody ever questioned running ERLL on them lol i elited the 4x and half my 2x with twin LL (got bored and changed build on the 2x after a bit)

#29 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

So lets get this straight: No ecm, cramped cockpit, worst pitch of any light and you think "sniping" from high places is a GOOD IDEA?! You might as well paint a big red bullseye on the chest of that thing. Have fun with the dual gauss meta cancer, they'll have fun with you.

#30 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostJeanMarks, on 17 March 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

If you play vs that kind of enemies even going around with 1 small laser and xl 100 engine can get that kind of results, you got shot once in the whole first game... lol

And btw those are ravens, not FS, nobody ever questioned running ERLL on them lol i elited the 4x and half my 2x with twin LL (got bored and changed build on the 2x after a bit)

Geee... I am pretty sure that 4 man Atlas team was a pre-made and they got crushed all because that raven build counter theirs.

Raven 35Tons... FS 35Tons... Same goes for the Jenner.. Hmmmmm ? Get the drift ?
I have 16 Mastered light mechs dude (includes the Locust) and have probably run every single style possible.

Lastly "1 small laser and xl 100 engine" comment is insulting my opponents and the hard work my team fought to push a lost game back into a come back victory... Unless you have the videos prove you are capable of performing such feats..
Best keep these kind of comments to yourself. :)

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 17 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

So lets get this straight: No ecm, cramped cockpit, worst pitch of any light and you think "sniping" from high places is a GOOD IDEA?! You might as well paint a big red bullseye on the chest of that thing. Have fun with the dual gauss meta cancer, they'll have fun with you.

Can work but you need to work really hard to make it work... HOWEVER... Now there are annoying turrets... Cowardly assaults now have the option to hide in base.. Sigh... :D

Edit: Correction Yes... I sucked for high places due to the cockpit agree as mention a few posts above.

Edited by ShinVector, 17 March 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#31 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

The Atlas 4man was a premade but they had no clue what they are doing. Slow moving towards a highly mobile target, without cover and long range weapons while you can pick them apart without a chance for them to fight back. They had plenty cover between the buildings in the background to force you to fight within their weapon range. They could also try to cap to make you come closer.

You did well in this situation but your enemies did more mistakes than I would expect from a trolol-DDC premade.
Furthermore, with the high mounted Raven energy slots you can peek over hills while FS9 have to use JJ and expose their whole torso to do the same.
Raven 4x would be a choice if you want to run ER LL on a light with JJ unless you take a SDR-5D, which feels a bit different with arm/torso weapons but adds ECM.

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 17 March 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#32 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 17 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 17 March 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

You did well in this situation but your enemies did more mistakes than I would expect from a trolol-DDC premade.
Furthermore, with the high mounted Raven energy slots you can peek over hills while FS9 have to use JJ and expose their whole torso to do the same.
Raven 4x would be a choice if you want to run ER LL on a light with JJ unless you take a SDR-5D, which feels a bit different with arm/torso weapons but adds ECM.

I don't get killed by gauss often. Mostly, combo fire and I'm usually among the last to die, there's no issues with survivability. I mean you guys act like the only cover in the game is a hill to peek over. You don't have to own an ecm when you can easily remain unseen using terrain properly in most cases. Not to mention I spot and shoot ecm mechs all the time. Most seem to think you can just hang outside of cover looking at you like you don't have advanced zoom. :unsure: You're not an atlas, you won't die in a swarm the instant you're seen.

Pitch is an issue in some situations that's severity decreases with increasing altitude and range(like sniping ranges), try exploiting my pitch when I'm sniping from atop the walls of the HPG. The arms interfere with close in ambushes from high positions, so that doesn't affect sniping. I've seen the twin eRLL ravens, never a ERPPR/ERLL Raven, so like it or not that's still the only way to cram that weapon combo on a light frame without gimping maneuverability.

Needless to say, I look down from the hills at that spider build often. Gimped jumped capability means it spends more of it's time peaking around it's bigger brothers legs than navigating to ideal sniping terrain. I won't be seeing that building assisting me from top the HPG walls soon. ^_^ I'm also unable to carry a BAP or AMS on that spider even though I can manage that with 6JJs, twin ERLLs, and higher armor values(which is a considerable buff at sniping ranges). You're even sacrificing torso armor to cram the JJs on it. He's almost paper.

Edited by CaptainDeez, 17 March 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#33 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I've seen the twin eRLL ravens, never a ERPPR/ERLL Raven, so like it or not that's still the only way to cram that weapon combo on a light frame without gimping maneuverability.

There is a reason if you don't see PPC ravens... and no, the FS has no advantage over the raven with such a build =/

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I don't get killed by gauss often. Mostly, combo fire and I'm usually among the last to die.
Not to mention I spot and shoot ecm mechs all the time. Most seem to think you can just hang outside of cover looking at you

Sorry but that doesn't really help your case, it just means that you usually end up vs bad players =(

Edited by JeanMarks, 17 March 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#34 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostJeanMarks, on 17 March 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Contradiction all the way. If the Ravens are covering the team with ECM they can't scout, they are running support. The spiders 5d also has 6 hard points, why are those better to waste? Nor am I understanding the tactical benefit of scouting within ML range of the enemy where you're easier to see, hit and often have your view of the enemy obstructed by rock walls and the legs of taller mechs. ^_^

200 damage and 10 assist means I did 200 damage across 10 mechs, that's it. It means I played a role on virtually every front of the battle. But, what It doesn't is tell the story of how I ambushed the enemy team from it's six, forced them to split fire and removed a hunchback from the front to come after me. If you think the only thing of value in a tactical game like this is raw damage, you're mistaken. Especially with the lightest armed class of mechs in game. If I wanted to focus on damage I ride something heavier. Not sure how you're figuring for a sniper doing 200 damage in 10 shots with laser damage falloff being as it is.

But if you must nitpick. Here's a game where I blow out 6 components and drilled some cicada that didn't know his place. I doubt the people who didn't have to face those weapons considered my style of sniper support("farming").
Posted Image

Edited by CaptainDeez, 17 March 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#35 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

You still fail to deliver. ^_^ You talk like you know what you do but your match results are still meh. But it is fine if you have fun with your mech.

#36 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

If you feel a mech with a 194,594 c-bill and 500-1000 exp per match earning potential is meh, you're entitled to that opinion. I'm fine with it. ^_^

#37 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you feel a mech with a 194,594 c-bill and 500-1000 exp per match earning potential is meh, you're entitled to that opinion. I'm fine with it. :unsure:

Show me scoreboards with results like this. ^_^

#38 Ashan An

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Contradiction all the way. If the Ravens are covering the team with ECM they can't scout, they are running support. The spiders 5d also has 6 hard points, why are those better to waste? Nor am I understanding the tactical benefit of scouting within ML range of the enemy where you're easier to see, hit and often have your view of the enemy obstructed by rock walls and the legs of taller mechs. ^_^

In fact ravens are the crappiest scout light mechs, even cicadas can scout better...
And there are no 6 hardpont spiders <.< there is a 4 mg and 1 laser spider, with no ecm that doesn't sniper, it just runs around being annoing with mgs

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

200 damage and 10 assist means I did 200 damage across 10 mechs, that's it. It means I played a role on virtually every front of the battle. But, what It doesn't is tell the story of how I ambushed the enemy team from it's six, forced them to split fire and removed a hunchback from the front to come after me. If you think the only thing of value in a tactical game like this is raw damage, you're mistaken. Especially with the lightest armed class of mechs in game. If I wanted to focus on damage I ride something heavier. Not sure how you're figuring for a sniper doing 200 damage in 10 shots with laser damage falloff being as it is.

You played a role on every front but that role was so neglectible that you basically did nothing on any front.
And you don't need LL to hit enemies from behind and disctract them... Actually you can do that a billion times better with a standard build because, guess what, 6+ ML on the back do much more damage then 2 LL.

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you feel a mech with a 194,594 c-bill and 500-1000 exp per match earning potential is meh, you're entitled to that opinion. I'm fine with it. :unsure:

And has i said, LL are good only for farming C-Bills because your earning are based 99% on how many assists you get, so if you do 1 damage to every enemy mech you get 200.000+ c-bills, but that doesn't mean you actually did good or played a good match.
Actually if you get 12 kills and 1500 damage you get less -c-bill than a mech that did 12 damage and 12 assists, that doesn't mean the 12 damage guy played better

Edited by JeanMarks, 17 March 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#39 CaptainDeez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 17 March 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Show me scoreboards with results like this. ^_^

Would be about 195,000C-bills and 1500 exp premium.

Posted Image

#40 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostCaptainDeez, on 17 March 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Would be about 195,000C-bills and 1500 exp premium.

How about 190.000 CB and 2000 XP without premium? Just saying that your rewards are appropriate to your results. ^_^

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 17 March 2014 - 02:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users