Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Its in the mail :P Though dont promise if it'll be cold and or good when it gets there from all the way from Ohio. I'll just send you our lovely lake water.

#522 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

Happy New Year all! Have fun and be safe fellow MechWarriors!

#523 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

Mmm. Amoebalicious!

#524 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

Bumping thread with a little Artillery Division love.

Posted Image

Edited by LastKhan, 04 January 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#525 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

At the end of this month, Clan Nova Cat International will be holding its first Trial of Bloodright. For the first (Beta) Trial of Bloodright, we will have a total of FOUR slots available. Trial of Bloodright will happen once every THREE MONTHS.

THREE will be filled by sponsorship by members of the Keshik or existing bloodnamed warriors followed by a vote among the Keshik to determine, as fairly as possible, who will be accepted into these three slots. Pilots must hold a rank of Point Commander First Class or above to be eligible via sponsorship.

ONE slot will be determined by Grand Melee. Any member of the Clan with a rank of POINT COMMANDER or above (IE: anyone but Cadets) is eligible to participate. There will only be one winner of the Grand Melee, who will be awarded the fourth slot. ANY mech is allowed. ANY modules are allowed except for Airstrike and Artillery. This is a no holds barred fight. Time limit will be 20 minutes, Skirmish, First Person only. There will be one ref per team who will move to a discrete location away from the fight and power down, to ensure all combatants fight before the game ends.

Grand Melee:

Suggested Map: HPG Network
Game Mode: Skirmish
Time Limit: 20 Minutes
Vision Mode: First Person Only

Restrictions: NO SMOKES

One "Observer" per team, who will be in a designated mech, shut down, out of the main combat area. Their purpose is simply to make sure the game continues even if all combatants on one team are dead, to allow individuals on the "same team" to keep fighting one another.

Combat area is designated as the space within the walled in portion of the HPG network. No exiting the walled in portion will be permitted. Combatants will be spaced equally along the periphery road within the walled in portion, with best effort made to stagger team 1 and team 2 mechs. IE, clockwise, T1 mech, T2 mech, T1 mech, T2 mech, etc. In the case of exactly FOUR combatants, each mech will start at each entrance to the HPG network, between the outer walls and buffer wall.

Game will continue until only one combatant remains.

There are no tie breakers. If two or more combatants remain, all are eliminated. An unfilled slot results in a by. Failure to fight is a failure to earn the right to have a bloodname. The one exception would be if your mech is stripped. As soon as your weapons are removed, you are considered defeated for the purpose of the Trial of Bloodright.

Once the warriors are selected, pilots will be randomly matched in a series of single elimination bracket fights. The entire map will be your circle of equals. The only restriction as far as how you fight, what your loadout is, or how you choose to approach the engagement is NO AIRSTRIKE OR ARTILLERY. All weapons, all loadouts, all modules aside from the prior listed, and any component targeting is fair game. This is a fight to win. The greater honor is not on the individual fight, but on ultimately obtaining your bloodname. The time limit will be 20 minutes, Skirmish, with First Person only.

Organized Duels:

Game Mode: Skirmish
Time Limit: 20 Minutes
Vision Mode: First Person Only

Restrictions: NO SMOKES

There will be one observer per team who will suicide at the start of the match. They will spectate through the eyes of the combatants and record if possible.

Hunter and Hunted in each engagement will be determined by coin toss. HUNTER will determine the MAXIMUM weight class of the mechs used. HUNTED will determine the map. Again, there will be no ties. If neither opponent is dead by 20 minutes or neither are stripped of weapons, both combatants fail the trial. Failure to engage the enemy indicates unworthiness for the Bloodname.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 08 January 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#526 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

Cool! Good luck for your Trial. Sadly i never got past the second battle in the two ToBs i have partecipated to..

But wait.. 4 spots? Are there so few worthy candidates in CNC? :P

Edited by CyclonerM, 08 January 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#527 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Consider it a beta test. That, and with only around 45 active players (a fairly consistent number since... Sheesh, ages it seems?), we need to scale it accordingly. Either four, eight, or twelve slots, and the Clan's persistent population really just supports three plus a grand melee slot.

Funny, though. Every time we break 50 members or so active, we get hit by a wave of individuals just no longer playing the game. Not logging in at all. No warning. No messages. Just poofing. Not even leaving us for another unit, just vanishing. Makes me think it is more of a game issue and less of an "us" issue, otherwise far, far more would just be switching clans.

#528 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

Good luck. May I ask how you guys are proceeding with the Bloodname? Is it a specific Bloodright that is offered or does the winner choose the Bloodright he/she wishes to claim?

#529 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

The latter. Winner gets to select their desired blood name.

#530 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 January 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Funny, though. Every time we break 50 members or so active, we get hit by a wave of individuals just no longer playing the game. Not logging in at all. No warning. No messages. Just poofing. Not even leaving us for another unit, just vanishing. Makes me think it is more of a game issue and less of an "us" issue, otherwise far, far more would just be switching clans.

Trust me i know that feel, it happens to everyone i think ;)

#531 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

I would like to congratulate two of our pilots.

Posted Image

On Saturday, both Cadet Itou Socho and Cadet JohnBigBoote ascended to the position as fully realized members of Clan Nova Cat's warrior caste by becoming Point Commanders.

Further, several dry runs of our Grand Melee worked out flawlessly, and turned out to be pretty damned fun. Please PGI, FFA mode? XD

Finally, some of you might have been hit by our recent Surmageddon drops. I would apologize, but it is far too fun to stop!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 13 January 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#532 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

Some more footage from Clan Nova Cat's Surmageddon drops. We do these to blow off steam, usually when we have 6 or more pilots first. Critical mass for a proper charge and for PUG herding.

This time, the total actual time in combat was something stupidly short like a minute and a half. The enemy team had no clue what hit them. :D

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 January 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#533 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

Well, they did, hence the "is this game even fun for you?" comment :P

#534 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

When they said that, all I could think was Randy Marsh, drunk off his ass, screaming "I thought this was mechwarrior! Can't two people get drunk and beat each other up?! Thought this was MechWarrior!"

I would absolutely LOVE it if we ran a surmageddon drop against another one. Can you imagine the explosions? The fur ball?! Oh man, it would be so glorious....

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 January 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#535 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Yes! a giant ball of srm chaos! limbs flying this way and that. Heads exploding Mt. DEW and Doritos from how MLG it would be. :P

#536 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

The date for the Trial of Bloodright is set for the 31st of this month, 8 PM Eastern Standard Time, replacing the Clan's weekly meeting that week. If there are any who wish to observe, let me know. Given as there is a 20 minute limit per match, and there will be no more than 4 drops, expected duration should not exceed 2 hours to allow for last minute mech selection and drop errors.

Observational mechs for the Grand Melee will be on the wall of the HPG network, and will not under any circumstances target any of the combattants. Observational players for the individual duels will suicide on spawn.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 January 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#537 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

One more question Pariah, are you allowing all Nova Cat Bloodnames or only a select few?

Posted Image

#538 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

The ones we've chosen are these from sarna;

Deleportas
Devalis
WATson
Katayama
Drummond
Nostra
Lossey
Rosse

the elemental and aerospace pilot names are not up for grabs, though would be a good mix of names. We have the warrior names to chose from.

Edited by LastKhan, 16 January 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#539 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

Yeah just saw the thread on your site. Well I guess that explains why there is no Winters or West. Katayama is unexpected though. Good luck to all participants.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 16 January 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#540 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Yes, well, while Katayama is slightly out of time with 3050, it adds some additional variety and was not limited to either elemental or aerospace names.
Edit: Incidentally had aerospace existed in past mw titles, I probably would have gone for Bavros, myself, as opposed to Devalis. This, however, is a mech game exclusively.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 January 2015 - 10:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users