#8561 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostAlienized, on 28 July 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

which leads to the fact that people cant use maps like forest colony and polar highlands very well and why such maps arent as popular.

Polar Highlands is my favorite map by far. In any kind of build. I had a really good round not too long ago in a boomjack on it. I love sneaking around in the little gullies, then poke out and blast someone with an ac20 :D

#8562 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hoth (polar highlands) is a great map, once you learn to sneak around

one of my best games there was in a brawler DDC (like there is any other DDC). i started to sneak out to the right thru the deep gullies. team noticed and started to yell at me about running off (LOL running off in a DDC more like slow jog) with the ECM. so about 6 mechs followed me. the others were LRM and long range types. they formed a firing line about 900m away from the reds firing line while i lead the rest of the team into a left flanking position slightly to the rear of the reds. they never seen it coming. one shot alphaed a duel gauss jag as i come up with the others fanning out behind me. you would of thought we practiced (we were just a bunch of tier 5 pugs). i got focused down very quickly but the reds ignored the other 6 mechs. it was like foxes in the hen house type slaughter. helped that i popped a UAV before i died. about 1/2 the red team was under and they did not shoot it down. our long range guys had a field day.

went from everybody crying at the start of the match how we were going to die and most of our mechs had short range stuff to getting thanked for sacrificing my mech. but that is what a DDC atlas is made for. getting undetected to a spot the reds would never expect you be and then leading the charge into them at knife fighting range.

once you get a feel for Hoth it can be a flankers wet dream.

if you really want to drive ppl nuts pull out the HOTH cruiser (copy righted to the Underrated Locust thread) and have some fun poking the hornets nest with a long stick

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...38cefa9f78ff0c8

erppc range and cooldown, hill climb, extended sensor range, and maybe zoom mods. this thing is a blast.

Edited by loopala, 28 July 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#8563 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

#8564 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostBilbo, on 27 July 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

I'm assuming that the meta consists of everybody walking as slowly/quickly to the center of the map as they can manage.

actually they're trying to do a reverse nascar but haven't completely mastered the "go left" function and have only managed to made it to "go straight" at this time. with our help and support it should only be another couple months before the "go left" turn actually completes.

also domination- stay as far from the green circle of death as you can- it has cooties. lost a couple matches today already where we're up on kills but lose because no one bothers going to the circle.

and phoenix hawks still hate me- can't wait til they're finally mastered and I can go back to other mechs...

on the plus side urbie leaderboard event this weekend. (I guess other lights can come too if they want...)

late edit instead of new post- so is prime time whine time? every match is nothing but complaining about team, map, mode- people giving up before the match starts, guy complaining during a 12-1 stomp when we were the 12. makes me miss the daytime no-communication-whatsoever.

Edited by Tanar, 28 July 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#8565 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

found all my original MW4 vengeance and mercenaries discs again....
exactly what i need now
listening to old atreyu and playing that stuff like few years ago.

#8566 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

is it just me but after i get one shoted in my light i get to watch what seems to be a New Avalon Military Academy training film on what not to do in combat....

#8567 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:28 PM

View PostAlienized, on 29 July 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

found all my original MW4 vengeance and mercenaries discs again....
exactly what i need now
listening to old atreyu and playing that stuff like few years ago.

Posted Image

just sitting here collecting dust, maybe i need a break from MWO....

#8568 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

View Postloopala, on 29 July 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

just sitting here collecting dust, maybe i need a break from MWO....

sadly, the games didnt work, not even in compatibility mode and run as admin... =(

#8569 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

5 rounds, 4 losses. All in various mechs that require team support to be effective. I guess that will teach me.

#8570 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 30 July 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

5 rounds, 4 losses. All in various mechs that require team support to be effective. I guess that will teach me.

to buy a better pc?

#8571 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

View PostAlienized, on 30 July 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

to buy a better pc?

I was going to say run a laser vomit hellbringer, but you make a good point.

#8572 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 30 July 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

I was going to say run a laser vomit hellbringer, but you make a good point.

i just run my quad er ppc warhawk. fast enough to not get left behind, plenty of range, firepower and cools down in a few seconds.
or any warhawk tbh. 2 uac10 3 srm6 is such a devastating facebrawler

Edited by Alienized, 30 July 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#8573 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostAlienized, on 30 July 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

i just run my quad er ppc warhawk. fast enough to not get left behind, plenty of range, firepower and cools down in a few seconds.
or any warhawk tbh. 2 uac10 3 srm6 is such a devastating facebrawler

I might have to try that eventually. I have been running Kodiaks, the spirit bear with masc and uac20/asrm6's is pretty good. But I am lousy in assaults of any description, so I don't do them justice. I only have a 1.00 kdr in the kdk-3 and that thing drops mechs like bowling pins.

#8574 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 30 July 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

I might have to try that eventually. I have been running Kodiaks, the spirit bear with masc and uac20/asrm6's is pretty good. But I am lousy in assaults of any description, so I don't do them justice. I only have a 1.00 kdr in the kdk-3 and that thing drops mechs like bowling pins.

dont look at K/D ratio. its pointless to look after that.
i usually got plenty of KMDD per mech but barely any kills in that warhawk. nature of the things. you bust them open but are too hot to deliver the final blow ;)
there is no relevant stat to prove if your good or bad in a mech. not a single one.

#8575 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:08 PM

There are very few assaults I would recommend for low stress playing. All of them go fast, hit hard.

Warhawk, Banshee, Battlemaster etc. (and the AWS-9M) and perhaps the EXE (I do not know how the KDK plays, but it's obviously still ez right now)

The BNC-3M in particular is an outstanding mech, even when it has wimpy quirks and has a torso far bigger than the EXE. (CT cored for days! not a good thing)

Not to forget, you can get a STD350 on the BNC-3M if you're so inclined, and 3LPL/4or5 ML with the cockpit mount LPLs just keeps demonstrating superiority over puny warhammers and black knights trying to ape it.

The EXE is another mech coming outta the left field, it's tall, sure, but it's extremely mobile. And clan heavy firepower is IS assault firepower.

Sad to see people dismiss the EXE without playing it, while people who are good with it destroy enemy teams without issue.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 30 July 2016 - 06:08 PM.

#8576 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 30 July 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

There are very few assaults I would recommend for low stress playing. All of them go fast, hit hard.

Warhawk, Banshee, Battlemaster etc. (and the AWS-9M) and perhaps the EXE (I do not know how the KDK plays, but it's obviously still ez right now)

The BNC-3M in particular is an outstanding mech, even when it has wimpy quirks and has a torso far bigger than the EXE. (CT cored for days! not a good thing)

Not to forget, you can get a STD350 on the BNC-3M if you're so inclined, and 3LPL/4or5 ML with the cockpit mount LPLs just keeps demonstrating superiority over puny warhammers and black knights trying to ape it.

The EXE is another mech coming outta the left field, it's tall, sure, but it's extremely mobile. And clan heavy firepower is IS assault firepower.

Sad to see people dismiss the EXE without playing it, while people who are good with it destroy enemy teams without issue.

everytime i see a executioner abused as long range sniper i shed a tear....
its so good as a brawler. 2 uac5 + either 6 mpl or 4 mlas.
uac20 with smpl.
uac10+mpl.
as long as you dont put long range in it.... its gonna give some hell to the enemy. the MASC is such a nice gimmick, making torso twisting hilarious.

#8577 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:09 AM

New strategy, use the Spirit Bear to flank wide and circle the enemy, then wade in from the back. Hope to do enough damage before you are focused down to earn a couple cbills and maybe an up arrow when your team loses. Apparently, I am the only person that runs brawler builds, so sticking with the team means hiding behind rocks until we all die to long range fire. Not so much fun.

#8578 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

people love to blame PGI for the games flaws.

But the biggest problem with the game are the players themselves. Seems like most players simply want to hide until the enemy finds them and focuses them down. Quality of play has never been lower in the time I've played this game

#8579 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:57 AM

and now I just had a drop...assault on Crimson...we lost to base cap and the light pilots actually blamed the loss on the assaults....FOR NOT RETURNING TO BASE TO STOP THE CAP....while the lights stayed at the deck, trying to fight but mostly just blocking shots from heavies and the assaults

#8580 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

and just now.. conquest on frozen city... atlas goes and caps the closes cap point to his spawn...and stays there for the entire match...dying horribly in the end whuile doing a whopping 94 damage...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users