For all the Wolf's Dragoon's Units and Sub-units

316 replies to this topic

#1 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

To all that have or are looking into starting a Wolf's Dragoons unit can we all try to work together as different Regiments? More then likely only 1 Merc Unit with this name will be available within the game so I say we each pick a different Regiment and we all work together on making kind of 1 large Unit made up of sub regiments/companies so we don't interlap with each other.

Please let me know if this works for you and your unit so I can place "Taken" next to it.

Wolf's Dragoons HQ: http://www.mwodragoons.com/
  • Alpha Regiment - Taken
  • Beta Regiment - Taken
  • Gamma Regiment - Taken
  • Delta Regiment - Taken
  • Epsilon Regiment
  • Black Widow Company - Taken
  • Zeta Battalion - Taken
  • Special Recon Group
  • Fire Support Group
  • Seventh Kommando
  • Wolf Spiders -Taken
  • Lucky Seven - Taken

Edited by Metalbourne, 29 June 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#2 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

In 3048, there are other units within the Dragoons who could be role-played. The Black Widow Company is also at this point the Black Widow Battalion. Our group of guys will continue on loosely affiliated with both the 1st Battlemech Company (Wolf Spiders), Black Widow Battalion, and our love for the warden wolves. I hope we can work alongside all the other pro-Dragoon factions, and affiliated groups.

#3 Alkero

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

I love this idea, but here's the thing, i don't have an affiliation with any groups, I'm just a lone merc :) anyone wanna give me a shot when MWO comes out? I've been looking for some recruiters ^^

#4 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

The Command Company could be comprised of all the leaders and in direct communications with their own units. We could even vote on it and majority wins. Or we could vote on 2 head guys that is well respected and could direct the Unit overall for contracts with other houses, battle commisions and so on. I just think we need to all work together to come up with a comprimise and not later and we all get ****** off for not getting in the WD's. I know there's also a German WD's and they could be a whole Regiment too. I'm working on Alpha Regiments website atm so if anyone is interested in joining post on the WD's or BW's threads.

#5 Aljo Harra

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

I see the benefit of that idea. As long as we are all able to use the WD sign on our uniforms I think that all of us should be happy. Anyhow i started a vote in our forum asking the preferece of witch regiment we should take, if my people want to go this way.

Command Company should really be made of the former leaders of the regiments because I know that many people have little problems following other people they dont know. And even there we should only talk about who we offer a contract with. I think we will follow the headline of the BT-WD and take only a contract with each house at one single time and naturally Dragoons dont fight Dragoons.

I see only one little problem at the moment:
- making a pilot means at the moment you have to choose a house affiliation before the start
- no mercs-units to choose atm (i hope they'll change it cause we are all mercs for some reason, doesnt matter if free- or trueborn)

any more suggestions?

#6 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. From an RP perspective I'd much rather see all the Dragoons affiliated units working towards a single goal or at least working on a lose objective together where possible. Remember during this time line the Wolf's Dragoons are getting ready for the coming of the Clans. There are also non Dragoons mercenaries who worked very closely with the Dragoons on Outreach prior to the AMC, being sub-contractors for the Dragoons.

At this stage, I am too uncertain about the house/merc affiliation. Only time will tell. Not all Mercs should or want to be house affiliated, they wish to be independent and work as is. We can only hope the Dev team take this into account.

I'm very much open to chatting with other Dragoon units leadership via comms or other means, feel free to contact me.

#7 Hairicin

Wolf's Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHinwil, Swiss

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

there is a little mistake:

Special Operations Group should be Special Recon Group :)

Edited by Hairicin, 17 November 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#8 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

View PostHairicin, on 17 November 2011 - 05:09 AM, said:

there is a little mistake:

Special Operations Group should be Special Recon Group :)

Fixed and thank you. Did your unit want to join in on this?

#9 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

You can find us at http://www.the-bwc.com - our forums are our main communication point, though I can be reached via Xfire, AIM or email. We are willing to ally ourselves with other Dragoons units. Hell I might even be convinced to do a little RP. Though I'll have to let NatashaKerensky do the Black Widow stuff... no way am I RP'ing a female (no offenses, lasses).

#10 Hairicin

Wolf's Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHinwil, Swiss

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

View PostMetalbourne, on 17 November 2011 - 06:04 AM, said:

Fixed and thank you. Did your unit want to join in on this?

i´m from the same unit like aljo harra, so we still vote :)

#11 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

For those units that do want to do this please post your sub-unit name and details (website, steam group or whatever) because I would like to link it to our website on our main page. I would also some time before the game is released to talk to everyone on our TS3 server to discuss things in more detail. The objective is to support each other in game (lances or just single players) to fight under one organized Merc Comp.

#12 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm pretty sure you're going to run into the problem of not being able to take the Wolf's Dragoons name in MWO, as the recent dev diary states the major player unit names/etc are going to be unavailable to the public.

You don't get any more important then the Dragoons, as a merc company.

#13 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Black Widow Company
http://www.the-bwc.com

#14 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 18 November 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure you're going to run into the problem of not being able to take the Wolf's Dragoons name in MWO, as the recent dev diary states the major player unit names/etc are going to be unavailable to the public.

You don't get any more important then the Dragoons, as a merc company.

Which is why we're trying not to be show-boating a-holes that advertise as "Wolf's Dragoons." As in the case of the BWC and Alpha Regiment we chose regiments of Wolf's Dragoons instead of the Company themselves.
I will be registering a "Company" under the name of "Alpha Regiment." As having Wolf's Dragoons Alpha Regiment is probably not a possibility.

View PostFirefly, on 18 November 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Black Widow Company
http://www.the-bwc.com

When the game releases we should refrain from fighting each other, and if we can, fight along side each other as allies.

For Wolf!

Edited by omega5-9er, 18 November 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#15 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

http://wolf-spiders.org

#16 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

thats a great idea!

me and my guys would like to take the beta regiment.

we are 23 ppl from germany. we work on our forum

sorry for my english, its not the best.

Edited by Nitrogenman2000, 19 November 2011 - 12:35 AM.

#17 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

View PostNitrogenman2000, on 19 November 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

thats a great idea!

me and my guys would like to take the beta regiment.

we are 23 ppl from germany. we work on our forum

sorry for my english, its not the best.

Great to see more Euro pilots :) Welcome!

#18 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:47 AM

Welcome Euro warriors, i'm glad to see this catch on. There's only 2 ways that I see it that they will incorporate Merc's into the game,

Either A: Closed registration - meaning that only certain members can be affiliated with that name (maybe through invite) so if that's the case then we all invite each other into the WD's because we are all WD's at heart.

or

B: Open registration - Anyone can be a WD's which still gives us advantages as combined unit. Like WoT, they have platoons (for us we'll say lance) within the matches, say BW's field's 1 lance and Alpha field's another lance and the remaining are individuals for the battle of WD's vs Acme Merc's. We know through constant training and fighting along side each other that the 2 Organized Lances will have a leg-up over the enemy due to communications and fighting beside each other for awhile like any guild/clan/unit.

I run another clan for Red Orchestra 1/2/DH, created realism campaigns and a admin at Forgotten Honor Campaigns and believe me, when you have a bunch of under-powered units, together when they fight as 1 is just as effective as a single unit. Just to clarify this, this is not a way to take over each others units or i'm trying to take over units. What would happen basicly is say Black Widows has a battle coming up and say each side can deploy 25 mechs but they can only field 21 mechs. They can ask Alpha, Bravo and whoever else is available to supply a lance. The commander of the BW's could tell them to hold/capture objective A and would listen to their orders since it's their main battle/force. This has worked perfectly in the past in other games and i'm sure would be benefical for us to do so here.

Since there is so many WD's units I think it will give us more members then most other mercs comp. and means we'll be very organized/effective for battles.

Edited by Metalbourne, 19 November 2011 - 04:49 AM.

#19 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

i think that A is a good way.

i hope we will have a lot of fun and you accept our question to join :)

we like to be the beta regiment, because we are the beta regiment in table top

Edited by Nitrogenman2000, 19 November 2011 - 05:47 AM.

#20 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

I hope like with the real Dragoons, we'll be able to do cross-training, and even logistic support when and where required. I'd very much like to extend a hand to all Dragoon affiliated units in this case. It's something we did with our close friends and allies in the past, and it make sense to do it here.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users