For all the Wolf's Dragoon's Units and Sub-units

316 replies to this topic

#41 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

i clicked on the beta button at the alpha homepage. it is linked to wolfsdragoner.de and thats not our page. we didn´t already have one

Edited by Nitrogenman2000, 23 November 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#42 Jeremy Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationWDS Alexander or Northwind. Take your pick

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

I'm getting some guys together to start up Zeta Battalion, so if you could edit the OP to reflect that?

#43 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Within the next few days I will have a website set up for us, at which point we should consider transferring most of our organisation efforts there, whilst keeping this thread active to continue recruitment. The domain is already secured, all that remains is to point it to my webserver, which requires me to put in some information on both websites.

I'd like to point something out - many people are operating under the presumption that merc units will just be a group of people using tags, which is how it was done back in the day. Since I'm fairly positive that you've all played at least one MMO, let's use some terms that people will understand. Nowadays, online games allow for the hard creation of guilds, clans, societies, outfits, whatever you want to call it. For the purpose of MWO I am going to call these entities "merc units", so whenever you see that term that's what I mean. I'm also referring to this entity, the Dragoons, as an alliance.

Let's presume that MWO developers will allow the creation of merc units (again, formerly known as guilds). As in, the NPC tells you "you must travel to Outreach and speak to the MRBC representative" and then he tells you "you need four people online and 5,000 C-Bills" sort of creation, you all know the type. Each of these units will require a name to be input - these are the names that we'll have to figure out, and as I said I very much doubt that terms like "alpha regiment" and "beta regiment" and "zeta battalion" will be off-limits. Those are too generic so I think you'll all be safe.

Just in case, my advice is to have some contingency plans for a backup name. Like Alpha Regiment. Presume some other chap decides to grief you or he wants the name or he's butthurt that someone else got selected to be our alliance's Alpha Regiment and so he snags the name first. You're left with a few alternatives like "WD Alpha RGT". As an example.

Once the website is up and running I'll post the URL and get a forum operational.

#44 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Nitro - The German Merc Unit wants to use Beta Regiment as their unit name. I suggest having another one and if you have a site already, then I can try to get the Germans to use a different Regiment. I know this is getting confussing but in the long run it won't be and is best to get this done ahead of time.

As for the names and securing our place, I wish there was a way to secure all of the names ahead of time even for other Alliance members and distribute them to the other Alliance members so it's uniformed and not some loan kid/s taking the units names. If in game it's just "Wolf's Dragoons" and everyone has to signup there then I guess we all just signup under that banner and play as lances to support each other in game. I would also recommend trying to recruit individuals who are not affiliated with one of our units to try to get signed up to one of them to have better comms with other members playing atm.

The other thought is we could try ot have 1 big Vent/TS3/Mumble server to have all units meet their with different Regiments and lance channels within the voice server.

#45 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

View PostMetalbourne, on 23 November 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

Nitro - The German Merc Unit wants to use Beta Regiment as their unit name. I suggest having another one and if you have a site already, then I can try to get the Germans to use a different Regiment. I know this is getting confussing but in the long run it won't be and is best to get this done ahead of time.

As for the names and securing our place, I wish there was a way to secure all of the names ahead of time even for other Alliance members and distribute them to the other Alliance members so it's uniformed and not some loan kid/s taking the units names. If in game it's just "Wolf's Dragoons" and everyone has to signup there then I guess we all just signup under that banner and play as lances to support each other in game. I would also recommend trying to recruit individuals who are not affiliated with one of our units to try to get signed up to one of them to have better comms with other members playing atm.

The other thought is we could try ot have 1 big Vent/TS3/Mumble server to have all units meet their with different Regiments and lance channels within the voice server.

I like the idea of the VOIP server. I was going to suggest that the leaders of the groups try to meet up for a chat someone via comms.

#46 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostNitrogenman2000, on 23 November 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

i clicked on the beta button at the alpha homepage. it is linked to wolfsdragoner.de and thats not our page. we didn´t already have one

I didn't check that website, I just checked the thread. Must've missed it. I'm presuming it's the two people on page one?

View PostMetalbourne, on 23 November 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

You guys are more than welcome to hop on the BWC TS3 server, if it's not an issue - we're a multi-game group so splitting up is not something we'd really care to do. Our TS3 server will be around for a very long time.

#47 Hairicin

Wolf's Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 535 posts
  • LocationHinwil, Swiss

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

hehe here is one of the two guys from page one <_<
yes the http://www.wolfsdragoner.de domain is our. but i thought that we still vote wich unit we choose. i will ask our commander.

oh and our forum domain is: http://www.wolfsdragoner.eu/forum

nitro: i think it will be cleared soon (ich denke das klärt sich bald)

#48 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Okay, I can change it I thought you wanted Beta, but looks like i might be getting some mixed up so just let me know what unit and I will change it.

#49 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

http://www.mwodragoons.com/

Forums will be up soon, once the transfer/activation goes through and I can run software. If you want me to link your website, provide me with a banner and the URL.

#50 Kallian Ryke

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKelowna, British Columbia

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

View PostFirefly, on 23 November 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

<snip>
my advice is to have some contingency plans for a backup name. Like Alpha Regiment. Presume some other chap decides to grief you or he wants the name or he's butthurt that someone else got selected to be our alliance's Alpha Regiment and so he snags the name first. You're left with a few alternatives like "WD Alpha RGT". As an example.

This is the issue I've noticed. I'm anticipating a WoT-esque clan system, and that means that names can be taken from us fairly easily, early on. Also, while "Alpha Regiment" (for example) will not likely be blocked, our regimental names -are- generic enough to be grabbed randomly (aside from the Wolf Spiders or Black Widow Battalion, naturally).

Other than that issue, which will probably solve itself eventually, this seems to have been a startlingly efficient beginning to an alliance.

#51 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

View PostFirefly, on 23 November 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

Forums will be up soon, once the transfer/activation goes through and I can run software. If you want me to link your website, provide me with a banner and the URL.

Soon as it's live, let us know.

#52 Zakski

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

something to note from the Q&A

[PAUL] As for canon protected faction/unit names, we will be locking out some of the key players in the BT timeline.

#53 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

View PostZakski, on 25 November 2011 - 03:21 AM, said:

[PAUL] As for canon protected faction/unit names, we will be locking out some of the key players in the BT timeline.

Yes we know. This is the exact reason that his community effort was started. I totally support the games developers locking out the big named factions like Wolf's Dragoons. However, we do wish to role-play or continue on playing under the names of our groups, by taking sub-units or nick names for the line units of whatever faction we or others are hoping to connect to within the Battletech Lore. Many people have a massive affiliation to units beyond the houses, and the clans, we hope this is fostered by the developers. Outside of the games eco-system it's up to the individual groups or persons who they want to be affiliated to, support, or play as, not the developers.

Edited by John Clavell, 25 November 2011 - 03:47 AM.

#54 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

Hello if my old unit the Black Death Union was not here i would be joining you guys . How many here have the old order of battle of Wolfs Dragoons where all the mechs and pilots are listed

#55 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostBduSlammer, on 25 November 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

Hello if my old unit the Black Death Union was not here i would be joining you guys . How many here have the old order of battle of Wolfs Dragoons where all the mechs and pilots are listed

There are numerous different Dragoon affiliated groups. This thread is a joint effort between all of them to form an alliance of sorts. No one will be able to play as the 'Wolf's Dragoons' in the game, it's certain to be locked out. So we're taking on the names of the line regiments, and sub-units within the Dragoons. Take a look over all the groups if you fancy joining one. You'll be able to find their own personal recruitment threads on this forum too. Hope this is helpful.

Sorry I totally misread your post ;) So scrap my original response above. Thanks for your support. I last time I have seen a full run down of all the line units and their assignments was in an older sourcebook, and is their post-misery line up, so pretty rag tag. I've never seen much solid info about the Dragoons between the end of the 4th Succession War and the Clan invasion.

Edited by John Clavell, 25 November 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#56 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

This is the Dragoons I remember; you guys are awesome. <S>

I played with the Dragoons in NetMech 95, in several leagues, under [WD]Archangel, and the group they had back then was exactly as I pictured the Dragoons operating. If I weren't running my own Merc Corps, hopefully, I would try to join you guys.

I PM'd Metalbourne about the major players being locked out, and made the suggestion that he do research on which elements within the Dragoons actually have a major role to play in the Clan Invasion, on either side, and then think of petitioning the devs to see if any "left over" units from within could still be taken. The said they would be locking out SOME of the KEY players, not ALL of entire UNITS.

Bless you guys, and good luck with getting this all together. It would be really awesome -at least, now, before the game is launched, hehe- to see the game go live with live-pilot Dragoons. <S>

#57 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

View PostZakski, on 25 November 2011 - 03:21 AM, said:

Really not trying to be a huge **** here, but reading the entirety of this thread would have clarified this issue for you almost immediately.

#58 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Sorry for the delay, been busy with work and SWTOR (which is my work, ironically). Forums are up. They are linked on the main page.

Metalbourne, can you edit the original post with the website URL?

Edited by Firefly, 30 November 2011 - 05:51 AM.

#59 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

View PostBduSlammer, on 25 November 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

How many here have the old order of battle of Wolfs Dragoons where all the mechs and pilots are listed

The only thing I have is the Regiment TO&E which came from the Sarna.net wiki, as well as the TO&E charts for 7th Kommando and Special Recon Group, also from Sarna wiki.

http://www.mwodragoo...ragoons_toe.png

If you have it, I'd like to get a copy.

Edited by Firefly, 30 November 2011 - 06:14 AM.

#60 NatashaKerensky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

Outstanding! Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users