For all the Wolf's Dragoon's Units and Sub-units

316 replies to this topic

#61 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

You can pick up the old sourcebooks via pdf. They included much of that information.

#62 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 30 November 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

You can pick up the old sourcebooks via pdf. They included much of that information.

Righto. So the Wolf's Dragoons sourcebook has the TO&E and the pilots? I'll give it a look - I have a PDF copy but not a hardcopy. Matter of fact, I think it's on my carry-everywhere thumbdrive!

Forums are up. My plan for the website is to put banner-links on the front page with all of the affiliated units and their websites. I need banners and URLs. I also want to put up a copy of the TO&E and create roll-overs where when you hover over a particular unit, a tooltip says which unit it is, and what their website is. Maybe clicking it opens a small pop-up panel or something with the URL, Commander, etc.

One final thing. Any Dragoons "sub-unit" that needs a forum can contact me and I'll put up a private forum for them and restrict access to their members if they so desire.

#63 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

View PostFirefly, on 30 November 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

Righto. So the Wolf's Dragoons sourcebook has the TO&E and the pilots? I'll give it a look - I have a PDF copy but not a hardcopy. Matter of fact, I think it's on my carry-everywhere thumbdrive!

Forums are up. My plan for the website is to put banner-links on the front page with all of the affiliated units and their websites. I need banners and URLs. I also want to put up a copy of the TO&E and create roll-overs where when you hover over a particular unit, a tooltip says which unit it is, and what their website is. Maybe clicking it opens a small pop-up panel or something with the URL, Commander, etc.

One final thing. Any Dragoons "sub-unit" that needs a forum can contact me and I'll put up a private forum for them and restrict access to their members if they so desire.

Sounds fantastic. Do you have specific size you want the banners? I've not read any of the newest Merc update sourcebooks, the older Dragoons ones obviously have the old unit organisation which is all pre MWO date. I've not found one that gives a full run down of pilots, mechs and structure around the clan invasion time line.

#64 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

I've signed up to the forums btw. Looking forward to further discussions there.

#65 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 30 November 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

Sounds fantastic. Do you have specific size you want the banners?

Let's say 600x200 max, just so they are forum-sized. After all, some people may not have large monitors or may not have fine-tuned resolution. I'd also say send them in .PNG format so that I can tinker with them without mussing it up. Also a few bits of information, like below:

Unit Name:
Dragoons Sub-Unit:
Unit CO:
Unit Website:

In the case of the sub-unit, that would be like... if your unit was called "Slappy's Squig-herders" but you were occupying the billet for Beta Regiment or something. I dunno. What do you think about that? Any changes/recommendations?

#66 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostFirefly, on 30 November 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

Let's say 600x200 max, just so they are forum-sized. After all, some people may not have large monitors or may not have fine-tuned resolution. I'd also say send them in .PNG format so that I can tinker with them without mussing it up. Also a few bits of information, like below:

Unit Name:
Dragoons Sub-Unit:
Unit CO:
Unit Website:

In the case of the sub-unit, that would be like... if your unit was called "Slappy's Squig-herders" but you were occupying the billet for Beta Regiment or something. I dunno. What do you think about that? Any changes/recommendations?

Standard sized Full Banner 468 x 60, or Leaderboard 728 x 90. Whatever we go with, it should be set in stone. No smaller, no bigger accepted to make everything concise.

#67 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Exactly, which is why I request a PNG in case I need to muck about with it. I'm thinking 728x90 would probably be optimal then. What do you think about the unit data? Too much, too little, wrong info?

#68 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

I'd say the info you outline is perfect. I'd guess the banners would be clickable anyway. Taking you to each units site.

#69 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Correct, banners would be clickable. The website info is just in case the banner isn't loading quick enough, or as a back-up, or in case someone isn't hovering over the banner.

#70 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Here is our Unit Organization using the same chart but added the Battalion's logos (Howling Wolf, Claw print, Devil, Arrow). I made the logos but are based off of the actual Alpha's Regiments-Battalions logo's.
http://www.wolfsalpha.com/page.php?4

Unit Colors and insignia's
http://www.wolfsalpha.com/page.php?8

We've also decided to use the German numbering system on our mechs
Example: 113 = 1st Company, 1st Lance, 3rd Mech.

If we can custom paint our mechs, this would help visually know who is who in battle.

#71 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

Has anyone heard from any of the other guys? So far, the only units which have begun trickling in are the Wolfspiders, Black Widow Company, and Alpha Regiment.

#72 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

Okay. So we've got:

Metalbourne: Alpha Regiment
Nitrogenman2000: Beta Regiment
JeremyHunter: Zeta Battalion
JohnClavell: Wolfspiders
Firefly: Black Widow Company

Unknown:
AljoHarra/Hairicin: undeclared

#73 Aljo Harra

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

Sorry guys that we took so much time to update our name-voting but after weeks, discussions and many more we decided to choose the...

Delta Regiment
1. Battalion The Landknechts
2. Battalion The Specters
3. Battalion The Reaper

This is the link to our forum http://www.wolfsdragoner.eu/forum/ .

As i told before in our threat our origin is Germany and I am at the moment our Commanding Officer.

Edited by Aljo Harra, 01 December 2011 - 08:18 AM.

#74 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

Welcome aboard!

#75 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

I need websites for Beta Regiment and Zeta Battalion.

Metalbourne, can you edit the original post? AljoHarra is Delta regiment and Nitrogenman200 is Beta regiment. Also: we do not have a URL for Beta, but Delta is listed on your website as being Beta.

Edited by Firefly, 02 December 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#76 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

Welcome aboard, then?

All members are welcome to sign up on the Dragoons forums: http://www.mwodragoons.com/wolfnet/

#77 Technocide Rex

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWherever the battle is

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:05 AM

Former "WD_Vortex" from Zone MW3&4 around ten years ago (geesh). XBox Mechwarrior made me cringe; I hope the true spirit of MW is back.

Looking to reboot with WD. No preference for unit. Have lead merc units before, but just want to fight.

Best with recon / mid-size mechs and special purpose loadouts and stock mechs. Some customs I used: fast Scat with 12 ERS and 1 ERM, fast Scat with ECM & 4 (yes 4) arty to kill hop-n-pop assault mechs, and various laser/gauss/AC Thors, MC/Timberwolves, and Novas. Prefer up close brawling to sitting back with LRMs. Played with honor; never a legger unless legged myself.

Signed up on MWODragoons already. Working on a sig.

#78 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Welcome, Tech. Actually let's call you Rex, much more menacing. Wolf's Dragoons, as you've discovered, is an alliance made up of several merc units that have banded together under the WD banner. I've not had a chance *YET* to work with any of the other guys but I'm looking forward to it - so instead of promoting one or the other or my own, just check out the Dragoons forum under the S-1 section and you'll see a list of units and their websites. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to to ask, here or on the Dragoons board. If you decide to join BWC I'll see you on our forums as well.

Cheers, mate!

#79 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Out of curiosity, are any of you guys playing SWTOR? BWC is on Jung Ma server as Sith.

#80 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Happy Christmas and New Years to all the Wolf's Dragoons units. <S>

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users