#21 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

View Postomega5-9er, on 18 November 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

When the game releases we should refrain from fighting each other, and if we can, fight along side each other as allies.

I would imagine that if we're allied together, that won't be a problem. If it turns out that individual merc units are like guilds, and no "alliance" function is present, then we can continue unofficially via a forum. Nothing says we HAVE to play the game EXACTLY as they want it. I'll go ahead and throw this out there - as far as BWC goes, we don't attack allies. Ever. So if a contract comes up and we find ourselves fighting against an allied Wolf's Dragoons unit, I'll turn it down.

View PostNitrogenman2000, on 19 November 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

we are 23 ppl from germany. we work on our forum

sorry for my english, its not the best.

I know I'm going to mess this up... sorry in advance... Du sprechst besser Englisch als ich Deutsch sprechen. Willkommen im Forum. Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. I have many friends who are German, and what they say most often is that Germans are very particular about their language - and do not want other nationalities ruining their language. Es tut mir leid für das Abschlachten Ihre Sprache.

View PostJohn Clavell, on 19 November 2011 - 06:43 AM, said:

I hope like with the real Dragoons, we'll be able to do cross-training, and even logistic support when and where required. I'd very much like to extend a hand to all Dragoon affiliated units in this case. It's something we did with our close friends and allies in the past, and it make sense to do it here.

I would very much like to avail myself, and my unit, of this opportunity.

Edited by Firefly, 19 November 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#22 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

I know I'm going to mess this up... sorry in advance... Du sprechst besser Englisch als ich Deutsch sprechen. Willkommen im Forum. Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch. I have many friends who are German, and what they say most often is that Germans are very particular about their language - and do not want other nationalities ruining their language. Es tut mir leid für das Abschlachten Ihre Sprache.

haha thats not a problem :D i do the same with your language :)

#23 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Right on, brother. Please, how badly did I mangle that? I would like to improve my conversational German.

#24 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

sounds good for me

#25 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostFirefly, on 19 November 2011 - 09:09 AM, said:

I would very much like to avail myself, and my unit, of this opportunity.

We'd be honoured.

#26 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 19 November 2011 - 06:43 AM, said:

I hope like with the real Dragoons, we'll be able to do cross-training, and even logistic support when and where required. I'd very much like to extend a hand to all Dragoon affiliated units in this case. It's something we did with our close friends and allies in the past, and it make sense to do it here.

that sounds good and i think my guys and me would be happy to do this too.

so what we have to do to get into this formation of the dragoons?

#27 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

View PostNitrogenman2000, on 21 November 2011 - 03:20 AM, said:

that sounds good and i think my guys and me would be happy to do this too.

so what we have to do to get into this formation of the dragoons?

Well the game is still a good way off yet. We still don't know about many of the mechanics that will effect this. As this becomes public information certainly we all can start to take further steps. I think at this stage. Just trying to bring all Dragoon affiliated units together here.

#28 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 21 November 2011 - 03:44 AM, said:

Well the game is still a good way off yet. We still don't know about many of the mechanics that will effect this. As this becomes public information certainly we all can start to take further steps. I think at this stage. Just trying to bring all Dragoon affiliated units together here.

no no, i meant when it will be wirtten down that the beta is taken? :)

#29 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

View PostNitrogenman2000, on 21 November 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

no no, i meant when it will be wirtten down that the beta is taken? :lol:

Oh sorry. I misunderstood you. That would be up to Metalbourne to update this thread.

#30 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

I made a cheap and easy little banner for a "Wolf's Dragoons" alliance. It's on the front page of our website if anyone wants to copy it. Also if you want me to link your websites, let me know.

I daresay "claiming the name" for Wolf's Dragoons won't be an issue - the way this is unfolding, it's more like an alliance of merc units - so the alliance name could be unofficially called Wolf's Dragoons and then each sub-unit has its own "guild name" so to speak.

#31 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostFirefly, on 22 November 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

I made a cheap and easy little banner for a "Wolf's Dragoons" alliance. It's on the front page of our website if anyone wants to copy it. Also if you want me to link your websites, let me know.

I daresay "claiming the name" for Wolf's Dragoons won't be an issue - the way this is unfolding, it's more like an alliance of merc units - so the alliance name could be unofficially called Wolf's Dragoons and then each sub-unit has its own "guild name" so to speak.

Great work Firefly. Let's hope that the game allows some form of interaction or association to the Wolf's Dragoons in game. I'm seriously hoping like with the houses, we can align to them, and not just be forced to fight for a 'House'.

#32 Okie135

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMercenary Training Command, Outreach

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

I was thinking about organization...

The leader of each of the listed units is generally a Colonel. Colonel Wolf, regularly consulted the CO's of each of his regiments. They even made a habit of not announcing which Colonel was Wolf so as to put the House liaison off guard as the person tried to figure out who to address.

So here is my idea: The Alliance will be lead by a council which would consist of each unit's commanding officer and second. The Council could vote on matters, but the last word would be had by either the Alpha Regiment CO or by a colonel voted from among the group. Using the Alpha Regiment CO is more canon, Jamie Wolf lead Alpha Regiment for most of his career, but I could see us wanting a little bit of flexibility here as this person would be the head of Wolf's Dragoons.

Some may recognize this as being heavily inspired by Clan organization, but taking in account the origin of the Dragoons it makes sense.

As for being house affiliated, I too hope that we can be independent. However, if we had to choose a house, at this point in their history the Dragoons were most recently affiliated with House Davion from whom they gained Outreach. If I recall, they also had a contract with House Marik.

In 3050 a recall order was sent to all Wolf's Dragoons regiments. They were to return to Outreach to decide their role in the Clan Invasion. In fact, they would not return to battle until after the conference at Outreach in 3051. Since MWO is starting during the summer of 3049, one of the first things that needs deciding is how canonical we will try to be. I would like to keep to the spirit of the Dragoons, but would prefer to engage the clans head on from the start. Something to think about, but I bet that a lot will change between now and then.

Finally, there is one last issue. What happens if the Canonical units are restricted because they will be in use? The developers may be looking to use the Eridani Light Horse, Northwind Highlanders, Grey Death Legion and Wolf's Dragoons in game. For instance sub contracts may be offered from the more famous organizations. What do you think?

#33 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

View PostClark, on 22 November 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Finally, there is one last issue. What happens if the Canonical units are restricted because they will be in use? The developers may be looking to use the Eridani Light Horse, Northwind Highlanders, Grey Death Legion and Wolf's Dragoons in game. For instance sub contracts may be offered from the more famous organizations. What do you think?

This will only affect units that use those names - I very much doubt that "Alpha Regiment" will be blocked out. No one in this alliance is planning to use the Wolf's Dragoons as their merc unit name, and I'm going to hazard a guess and say that character-limits will be in place, so a name like "Wolf's Dragoons Black Widow Company" just won't fit. So what I propose is this (pending game confirmation): A simple tag in each merc unit's name to denote that they are part of the Wolf's Dragoons "alliance". Example: WD BlackWidowCompany.

As for leadership, because it's an alliance of various Wolf's Dragoons units, I recommend a round-table council comprised of either a representative from each merc unit, or the merc commander themselves. I also recommend an alliance website with a central forum as a central gathering place.

#34 Jeremy Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationWDS Alexander or Northwind. Take your pick

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'd like to take Zeta Battalion, I just need to talk to some people.

Who, of course, just went to sleep >_>

#35 Metalbourne

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

What I suggest we have tags like |WD-AR|Name (Wolf's Dragoons - Alpha Regiment). We could do this with every sub-unit within the WD's. I also agree that the Command Company should be comprised of the Command Lances from each Regiment/COmpany. I think we are on Outreach at this time and are with H Davion. I think Our biggest enemies are the Eridani Light Horse and Draconis Combine. As for a different website that the leaders can meet and discuss is a good idea, or we can use Alpha's site and just make the users class restricted to only see special forums. Either way I have a news ticker running for the "Wolf's Dragoons Alliance News" on our main page. This will keep track of overall Unit info, contracts and Battle Reports of all units. www.wolfsalpha.com

Edited by Metalbourne, 22 November 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#36 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Lot's of ideas and suggestions on the table. Great to see input for everyone so far. I will try to put together a more constructive piece a little later. However, I certainly feel at this stage bring together leadership from all parties involved is a good idea. One thing I feel we should do is not make many decisions on what regulations would govern the affiliated units until we have more solid intel about how these elements within the game will work. Any such decisions in this area can only be based upon half-know info and conjecture. We should make sure such choices are made with all the facts at hand.

I feel at the least coming together to discuss the progress of this group should commence. I support the use of a forum, and at this stage I am unable to offer an alternative, so welcome the offers put forward. I'd also like to ask if leaders have jabber or other IM which they might be contactable via?

#37 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

thats a great pgae, looking good <_<

but theres already a beta regiment :rolleyes: i will contact him if they would exchange with us

#38 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

View PostNitrogenman2000, on 23 November 2011 - 01:24 AM, said:

thats a great pgae, looking good <_<

but theres already a beta regiment :D i will contact him if they would exchange with us

Yes I think it's taken by you guys :rolleyes:

#39 Nitrogenman2000

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDreieich

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 23 November 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Yes I think it's taken by you guys :rolleyes:

no no thats not our address <_<

#40 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

Where are you seeing this? I don't see it in this thread, which means it's not "official", so to speak. I saw interest from two guys named AljoHarra and Hairicin, but they didn't provide a website and they didn't specify which group.

Metalbourne, can you update the first post to reflect Beta Regiment being taken?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users