#82 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 30 December 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm playing SWTOR as well. I'm on Wound in the Force though as a now max level Bounty Hunter, working on my Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor jointly as well both on the same server as my main. Keeping my eye on this game though. :D

Snap, I missed this. Any chance we can convince you to come on over to Jung Ma RP-PvP?

#83 NatashaKerensky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Does it burn when you PvP?

#84 Dedrayice

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

If there is a Special Recon Company I would like to join it as a member

#85 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostDedrayice, on 05 January 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

If there is a Special Recon Company I would like to join it as a member

Currently no unit has asked to take that role or has claimed that name.

#86 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I grew up playing minis as Jamie Wolfs' Dragoons. After having all 5 regiments, and The Web in minis, Im down to a Company or Trinary of each. That said, I would like to fall in with one of the formed regiments, I dont think im up to speed on forming Gamma as a command. I used to play online back when MW2 mercs was the way to play, ran as Callsign Grinner with Wolf wardens. If anyone dont mind a veteran mech warrior, let me know whos got room. Thanks.

#87 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 30 November 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

You can pick up the old sourcebooks via pdf. They included much of that information.

I have all of the original Battletech Source books. If no one else has the info on the Dragoon, TO&E i can provide it.

Also a not on the naming conventions, I'm retired military, have you thought of using something similar? 1BN Zeta Reg 4th Co would be 1/Z 4Co

#88 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostSgtMac, on 10 January 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

I grew up playing minis as Jamie Wolfs' Dragoons. After having all 5 regiments, and The Web in minis, Im down to a Company or Trinary of each. That said, I would like to fall in with one of the formed regiments, I dont think im up to speed on forming Gamma as a command. I used to play online back when MW2 mercs was the way to play, ran as Callsign Grinner with Wolf wardens. If anyone dont mind a veteran mech warrior, let me know whos got room. Thanks.

http://www.the-bwc.com

#89 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hey Firefly and anyone elsewilling to recruit, Hiya, thanks for the link, I made an account with you, but have a few issues/questions. My computer will not run vent, teamspeak, skype, oovoo, yahoo voice, etc anything. I tried them all for BSG online. When I deployed I took this computer and cant get all the damn govt protocols out. So question one is, can I still join, all I need is a wingman assignment, and I can shadow him move and fire wise. Second question, what games do you all play? I couldnt find that information on your site. the current only online game I play is Day of Defeat. I wont play a pay to play game. Dont have the income for it. I appreciate your time nad effort in reading this. One way or another I hope to join the Dragoons and will fight beside ya once this game starts rolling. Thanks Mac

#90 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostSgtMac, on 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Hey Firefly and anyone elsewilling to recruit, Hiya, thanks for the link, I made an account with you, but have a few issues/questions. My computer will not run vent, teamspeak, skype, oovoo, yahoo voice, etc anything. I tried them all for BSG online. When I deployed I took this computer and cant get all the damn govt protocols out. So question one is, can I still join, all I need is a wingman assignment, and I can shadow him move and fire wise. Second question, what games do you all play? I couldnt find that information on your site. the current only online game I play is Day of Defeat. I wont play a pay to play game. Dont have the income for it. I appreciate your time nad effort in reading this. One way or another I hope to join the Dragoons and will fight beside ya once this game starts rolling. Thanks Mac

That's a shame about not being able to use voice comms on your computer. Do you have an iPhone or anything? You can get TeamSpeak client now on iOS devices, that would get around the issues on your computer.

#91 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostSgtMac, on 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Unfortunately, Voice is absolutely a requirement for membership in BWC.

Games BWC (actively) plays (together): SWTOR, Planetside, BF3 ... we will be adding WH40K Dark Millenium Online, Planetside 2 to that list. And possibly Guns of Icarus.

#92 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:36 AM

Ok, ive still got time to get a new system. So i'll have to see. Thanks, be chating again soon.

#93 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

This isn't to say that other Dragoons units are the same way, mind you. You may wish to check with them.

#94 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

I'm still having an awesome time. May go Republic on a different server, just to play underdog.

#95 Donner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 132 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Are there any units that we can join? I am interested in being in a Wolf's Dragoons unit.

#96 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostDonner, on 29 January 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Are there any units that we can join? I am interested in being in a Wolf's Dragoons unit.

Yeah there is loads of Dragoons affiliated units recruiting. Black Widow Company, Wolf Spider Battalion, Alpha Regiment, Delta Regiment. There are some other groups but I have to admit I don't know their websites off hand, so apologies to anyone I missed.

Edited by John Clavell, 29 January 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#97 Donner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 132 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 29 January 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yeah there is loads of Dragoons affiliated units recruiting. Black Widow Company, Wolf Spider Battalion, Alpha Regiment, Delta Regiment. There are some other groups but I have to admit I don't know their websites off hand, so apologies to anyone I missed.

Oh, thanks. I was unaware of that because I registered on Friday.

#98 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postomega5-9er, on 18 November 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Which is why we're trying not to be show-boating a-holes that advertise as "Wolf's Dragoons." As in the case of the BWC and Alpha Regiment we chose regiments of Wolf's Dragoons instead of the Company themselves.

So laying some kind of in game claim to the Black Widow Company led by Natasha Kerensky isnt being a show boating a-hole? I expect your underlying point is that you are only laying claim to one part of the wolf's dragoons and not the whole tamale as they say.

These high profile units, and sub units, should be considered NPC or featured and unavailable for use in the game by private guilds. If they implement them the same way i suspect they are implementing the great houses then that would be fine since it doesn't force others to deal with your pre-defined group and cliques and leadership structures unless they want to.

#99 azaptyE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

So we're not just a single regiment, we've got enough people to make a certain amount of the clan? And if so would there be battles between clans and battles between regiments?

#100 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostHarrow, on 29 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

So laying some kind of in game claim to the Black Widow Company led by Natasha Kerensky isnt being a show boating a-hole? I expect your underlying point is that you are only laying claim to one part of the wolf's dragoons and not the whole tamale as they say.

These high profile units, and sub units, should be considered NPC or featured and unavailable for use in the game by private guilds. If they implement them the same way i suspect they are implementing the great houses then that would be fine since it doesn't force others to deal with your pre-defined group and cliques and leadership structures unless they want to.

The Devs said that some of the important non house units would be locked down. I'd assume the Wolf's Dragoons will be one of them. As to what units want to call themselves, well you could say the the same for the Clan Wolves, Clan Jade Falcon and everyone unit who has played under that banner, in some cases as a gaming group since MechWarrior 2. No one, not the Devs or the community really has the right to tell any one of these groups of players, to change their name or call themselves something suiting. Outside of MWO automation they can be whatever they want. Inside the automation for MWO, maybe they will have to rename, who knows. However, the Devs already added some of the Dragoon affiliated groups websites to the site list, so they are aware of what is going on. Thus far it seems to be an acceptable approach. In fact the Idea behind this whole thing is good natured. It was designed so there was not 5+ groups all trying to say 'they are the Wolf's Dragoons', regardless of the in game limits. Doing it this way has made room for many Dragoon affiliated groups to continue the affiliation, while also having some communication and options to work together further in the future. I don't feel this effort warrants any kind of lambasting.

Edited by John Clavell, 30 January 2012 - 12:22 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users