#881 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostJust wanna play, on 24 August 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

I meant for it to be properly effective and fun, not just for it to be in this game. Part of the urban mechs purpose is armor like the weight class above it (stock), but like everything else in this game its intended purpose may be ruined by the fact everything has the same armor of the same size. EX: Thunder bolt and dragon. Both are heavily armored assault mechs (purpose wise not weight class) while jagers and cats are lighlty armored fire support, but in this game they are just small heavies that have the same armor BUT fire support mechs get better hard points since those ARE based on stock load out, same with locust vs other lights.

I agree, and understand. When running stocks, it's far tankier than one would expect. However, even in TT, when we customized our mechs, it lost some of the tankiness, but it was still extremely useful. Mostly because it's speed keeps it from tripping, and dying by falling onto it's face. (Read the transcript of a match where a Centy ran, tried to turn on asphalt, slipped, skid into a building, and collapsed the building on top of it, dying instantly. Pretty much all in one go. Hilarious.)

#882 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

ran into, i think it was paul- was someone from pgi anyway, on the public test for the new map and he asked what we thought. i said map looked great except for a lack of urbie. he didn;t reply for some reason...

#883 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostTanar, on 25 August 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

ran into, i think it was paul- was someone from pgi anyway, on the public test for the new map and he asked what we thought. i said map looked great except for a lack of urbie. he didn;t reply for some reason...

I said the same to...I think it was Alex.

#884 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 August 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

(Read the transcript of a match where a Centy ran, tried to turn on asphalt, slipped, skid into a building, and collapsed the building on top of it, dying instantly. Pretty much all in one go. Hilarious.)

HAHAHAHA another funny moment in a TT style thing was ejecting out of a mech directly into a tree, killing the pilot. And then a hunch back kicking another hunch back in the ct, critting the engine, causing a nuclear explosion, blowing them both up ROFL. I believe TT actually stand for Tom & Jerry sometimes..

#885 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 25 August 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

I believe TT actually stand for Tom & Jerry sometimes..

I'm willing to believe that too.

View PostTanar, on 25 August 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

View PostDawnstealer, on 25 August 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

I said the same to...I think it was Alex.

Good, let them feel our pain, maybe they will see the light and join the cult of Urbie as well.

#886 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

If When they do add the Urbie, I'm going to name it Master, and rename my Atlas to Blaster.

#887 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostYaKillinMeSmalls, on 25 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

If When they do add the Urbie, I'm going to name it Master, and rename my Atlas to Blaster.

You just need to pair up with someone and run around together. Right the Atlas into battle and AC40 people to death.

#888 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 30 May 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

It surprises me how many people just don't understand the appeal of the Urbanmech.

It's not about capabilities or builds. Sure, you can mirror builds on other mechs. It's about the mech itself. If you can't separate those two things, well, you may as well just wander off elsewhere.

We want the Urbanmech to pilot an Urbanmech. Not a mech with that loadout, but an Urbanmech.

Hell, most people will be changing the loadout right away anyways, as we do with practically every mech regardless. Mechs are more than just bags of hardpoints, after all.
yes you get the idea like how i want a rifleman even though i could sudo make it on another frame

View Postwanderer, on 03 June 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Or, you know, finally fixing the construction system to simply include the 10 heat sinks as part of the tonnage, rather than saying "You must add X additional sinks".

But that might take effort.
does there version of the tt build rules have problems yes but in all honesty as a guy makeing his own game its very easy to make a mistake iv had to rework some rules big time a few times all ready but in pgis defense there version of the tt rules in mwo did make sense for the sake of simplicity

View PostUtilyan, on 08 June 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Posted Image :blink:
i love this pic

View PostIraqiWalker, on 01 July 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

I swear, Harmony Gold is one of the most annoying, hostile, abusive-of-their-own-playerbase companies I have ever seen, and I deal with Games Workshop for my 40K needs!
yah hg a pain if you as a bt player think that hg is bad for bt go look at the macross fandom they hate hg far more then bt fan base is truly capable

View PostShar Wolf, on 02 July 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

I haven't touched any of HG's products yet, but I know I dislike they way that they treat the BT/MW series
Justified or not (and they may very well be for all I can prove) they come across as bullies
no they are not justified thats most of the problem

View PostDawnstealer, on 03 July 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

Unlike the Urbie and Warhammer, the Archer is actually an effective mech. Imagine a Catapult with more armor, lasers on arms, and the ability to tank more damage. The Urbie would be fun, not overly effective, and you can build a Warhammer with the Orion.

The Marauder, though...

I'd still rather have the Urbie, Hatchetman, Zeus, and King Crab, but the Marauder is just an awesome mech with a long BT history.

I still say we crowdfund and buy out Harmony Gold and end this stupidity that's been going on since...what? Mechwarrior 2?
hg is on my too buy list if i ever win a stupid big loto for this very reason that and so i can finally watch macross

View PostMalleus011, on 03 July 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

I would love an Urbanmech.

But I really, really want a Warhammer. And an Archer. And a Marauder, and a Crusader, and a Phoenix Hawk and a Rifleman.

I'd love for them to look 'right', but I'd be happy with all-new artwork, so long as I get the chassis. The Inner Sphere arsenal of Battlemechs is incomplete without the iconic heavies. Making an 'nearly right' model out of an Orion isn't the same.

And, by the way, PGI, I would PAY MONEY for all of the above.
you and me are of the same soul on this these are the mechs i fell in love with and i want to use these guys in mwo bad and im the new bt guy here iv only gotten it to bt in the last year or so

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 July 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

You'd think it's the elixir to immortality with how HG treats'em.
yah pretty much the worst part is that if hg wasnt in the way catalyst might be able to work out some thing with the owners of macross and we might get lucky and get the unseen desines back

View Poststjobe, on 07 July 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Two major reasons:
1. They're not the Unseen designs, and as such will never be accepted by a certain part of the fan base.
2. The Reseen designs are fugly as hell.

PGI would be better off just letting their marvellous art team make their own re-designs of the Unseen.

And on a completely different note:

Posted Image

(thread needed some PGI Urbie love)
i need one of thoughs for my mech

View PostRyoken, on 07 July 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Here you can see what happens when Mechkrieger at the Operation Galahad Con have to create makeshift Urbanmechs until it arrives on MWO to :ph34r: :
Posted Image
So please PGI hurry, people are even starting to sacrifice beer! :( :D
no not the beer look out its a brurbie

View PostTanar, on 01 August 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

been seeing people complaining in game about needing more ecm mechs. ECM urbie- watch urbie haters heads explode over the dilemna of "urbies are useless" and "ecm is the best".

though actually it would be a good addition to it since, unlike everything but the ddc, there's a 0% chance of the urbie running off and leaving the rest of the team ecm-less.
so true

#889 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

There's certainly a few handy things that would do for quirking an Urbie.

360 torso twist or darn near to it. In TT, an Urbie can fire behind itself with ease, but since we can't have rear-facing weapons, that'd have to do.

A small profile- if it's bigger than a Commando, you done scrubbed up.

Armor quirk. It'd have to be significant to be noticed, but it'd represent the armor-superior Urbie in a game where everyone can max armor points and usually does.

#890 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 24 August 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Id say the problem with the urbie is pgis max armor system, unlike the engine max, the armor isnt based on stock armor so even though its role is oriented to armor and guns, it wont have any more armor then anything else its size

View Poststjobe, on 24 August 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Why should it have more armour than anything else its size?

The same reason you can increment your engine.

Koniving has a nice proposed system that would limit a mech's armor based on it's stock armor values. No mech was limited to less than stock TT Maxes, but some mechs could exceed that based on their stock armor values. The results were things like Jenners and Firestarters having less armor than Ravens, The Urban Mech would have more armor than the spider. The Atlas would have even more armor because it would have room to slap on more, and Victors would be lightweights for armor compared to Awesomes (And that's just off the top of my head).

The idea is to offer more customization while allowing mechs to fill roles. The VIctor is supposed to be fast and mobile, but not heavily armored, where as the Awesome had more armor. It makes a huge difference in some of the medium mechs as well. Most of the top tier mechs had light armor in TT becuase they sacrificed it for engines or weapons. When you update the mech to 3050 tech, you can overcome the armor easily now in the MWO model, while still having access to a bigger engine, and maybe more hardpoints. A change like this would offer mechs unique armor maxes as well, so being the slow mech might mean you're really a tank compared to a faster mech.

#891 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Server maintenance took so long because they tried to upload the code for the Urbie. The servers couldn't handle it and exploded.

#892 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

can we get this thread locked, removed, moved. anything to stop it getting bumped back up to the top of the of the ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE...... its not an announcement any more its not even april 1st any more, its just clutter for what is relevant to the ANNOUNCEMENT.....

#893 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 30 August 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

can we get this thread locked, removed, moved. anything to stop it getting bumped back up to the top of the of the ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE...... its not an announcement any more its not even april 1st any more, its just clutter for what is relevant to the ANNOUNCEMENT.....
Moved maybe.

But really, locked / removed... NO!
This thread is a celebration of the Urbie, keeping the dream alive dammit!

#894 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

Sure, just give us the Urbie and we'll stop bumping this thread :P

Or, you can look at it as an ANNOUNCEMENT that people still want the Urbie.

#895 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

This won't be a mechwarrior game until we have the urbie

Edited by Revener, 30 August 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#896 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

View Poststjobe, on 30 August 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Sure, just give us the Urbie and we'll stop bumping this thread :P

Or, you can look at it as an ANNOUNCEMENT that people still want the Urbie.

I'm with Stjobe on this one.

Celebrate the urby with us (Besides, current announcements are featured on the home page, and easily on the first page of this subforum.)

Posted Image

View PostRevener, on 30 August 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

This won't be a mechwarrior game until we have the urbie

Forget the Madcat, URBIE is the true icon mech. It shall bring us salvation, and herald forth a new age of awesome.

#897 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

as much as i want the urbie aswell, this thread and a bunch of others are all just clutter the announcements page.

move it so when i come into announcement looking for relevant and up to date info i can find it easily.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 30 August 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#898 Divine Decoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

You know World of Tanks made a game mode that was all 8bit and both sides used the same tank.... Why not make an Urbie Game mode in a city map? INSTANT PROFIT, I'd buy it for $5

#899 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

Every day I check this thread.......

Some day.

Some. Day.

#900 Memowolf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

I did not even like Urbanmechs in TableTop. Hell, they were horrible mech in C64's Shadow Hawk's Inception and Revenge and changed them as soon as I captures more field worthy mechs but they sure are iconic.

I would probably buy one, run it on a few maps. Declre they are better than Locusts and leave it at that :).

But I agree a 12 man of Urbies would be a sight to see and a match with nothing but them could be very fun and a worthy challenge for many of us ECM, LRM, Metabuild accostumed pilots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users