Urbanmech Arrives On The Battlefield!

4351 replies to this topic

#3921 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

They'll get to it eventually... they have to build up to it though... they'll put out the tier 2 mechs like the blood asp and dasher and such first... then when the vatborn are starved for a REAL mech, an MAN'S mech... BAM! The Urbie IIc arrives on the battlefield!

#3922 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Hopefully this April PGI will keep up the tradition and announce the IIC.

#3923 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Commander Kobold, 11 January 2018 - 12:11 AM.

#3924 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Hopefully this April will have an Urbie 2C for us

#3925 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

PGI you see this right? UMIIC? Coming April 1st? Right?

#3926 Cruel Fate

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

I started a free to play account a month ago. My first two mechs i bought with the cadet bonus monies was a ecm griffin and a urbanmech(the one with 4 balistic). It tears up tier 4 and 5 matches. I would recommend a urbanmech for this it is a real moneymaker.

#3927 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

it would seem since the end of the stocking stuffier event FW has once again become a waste land of tryhards and chicklets. as usual match score is highly team dependent. too many chicklets and boom low score, too many tryhards and boom low score. need that nice mix of chiclet to tryhard lol. on the other hand nobody has really spread the salt about the 2 urbie/ 2 highlander drop deck. well other then a MS drop caller that was running us all over the map and got whiny that HM could not keep up and was out of position. as always the Urbies seem to be well accepted. even ad my drop deck call "4 assaults" BTW the K9 with a RAC5 and 5 ERSL is a blast in all game modes

#3928 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

View Postloopala, on 12 January 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

it would seem since the end of the stocking stuffier event FW has once again become a waste land of tryhards and chicklets. as usual match score is highly team dependent. too many chicklets and boom low score, too many tryhards and boom low score. need that nice mix of chiclet to tryhard lol. on the other hand nobody has really spread the salt about the 2 urbie/ 2 highlander drop deck. well other then a MS drop caller that was running us all over the map and got whiny that HM could not keep up and was out of position. as always the Urbies seem to be well accepted. even ad my drop deck call "4 assaults" BTW the K9 with a RAC5 and 5 ERSL is a blast in all game modes

When you move into a good ERSL range (250 or less, -ish?), how's the spread on the RAC?

Can you actually pick off an open component with it, or is it spray-n-pray at any range including point-blank?

#3929 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 12 January 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

When you move into a good ERSL range (250 or less, -ish?), how's the spread on the RAC?

Can you actually pick off an open component with it, or is it spray-n-pray at any range including point-blank?

Well, considering any Urbie not facing off against something twice it's weight is wasted... should be a big enough target...

#3930 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

the biggest problems i have with the RAC5 is muzzle flash and target flash. the RAC 5 is accurate enough to pick off open components but after the 1st few hits it is hard to see the target. if i have an open component in side ERSL range i am better off using the ERSL to finish it. i find if i just hold center box while dancing at 0 to 100m i can core out a mech very fast. but it is not a pin point weapon more like MGs but bigger and faster to the core. this not a sniper mech but a run and gun PIA that can make assault mechs back up from the mighty urbie. when back stabbing with this setup you need practice to wind up the RAC and fire the ERSL so that your first burst lands almost at the same time. and always have good cover near by. when that heat warning goes off you better be able to disengage to cool off. not as bad when the RAC 5 jams as you still have the 5 ERSL well till you heat up again

Roland an't fast but he an't slow. almost just right.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...214245f42e6a87d

as always the armor values are placeholders as i just maxed the armor out then subtract what i need for wieght

Edited by loopala, 12 January 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#3931 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

View Postloopala, on 12 January 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

I have troubles even with twice more ammo Posted Image I'm trigger-happy though, and not the best marksman.
So my RAC urbie is this. Just transfered it from UM-R60, wanted third laser instead of JJ (i did have 4 JJ with RAC2 once, and it could poptart - this thing could hover for a few seconds Posted Image )
I do spend most of ammo all the time, unless bad bad people shoot off my arm, then i'm happy i'm not with XL, when i hear pop-pop-pop and "ammo explosion detected". Slow though, but the faster you are in an Urbie, the further you are from his grace... Though i confess, i totally lack faith for STD60.

#3932 G3 Heathen

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Dont forget to check out the urbanmech IIc page on game suggestions page. The more noise we make........

#3933 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostG3 Heathen, on 12 January 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Dont forget to check out the urbanmech IIc page on game suggestions page. The more noise we make........

There's a thread for this?

#3934 G3 Heathen

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Yes
Do a google.

In feature suggestions currently near the top.

#3935 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

View PostG3 Heathen, on 12 January 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Yes
Do a google.

In feature suggestions currently near the top.

This forum is terribawful for searches I've written it off as completely hopeless.

Found the trhead tho, in feature suggestions.

#3936 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 12 January 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

but the faster you are in an Urbie, the further you are from his grace... Though i confess, i totally lack faith for STD60.

once i a while i pull out the stock UM-R63 (when you bought the collector pack you got 2 R63 :-) to test my faith. and bother let me tell you some times it is amazing! other times it is a true test of the faithful....

as far as ammo and accuracy goes. pick up a Yen Lo Wang. play it till you get good. AC20 21~28 rounds of ammo. you get good or die, a lot. add a SNPPC for fun std or light engine, preferably a std. as nothing says zombie mech like a SNPPC in the CT lol

#3937 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

https://mwomercs.com...nment-too-poll/

URBIES FOR EVERYONE

#3938 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Oh Yea of little faith behold the mighty UM R63 in it's stock form

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

if you notice i just kept up with assaults best i could and focused fire with them. even got a kill lol. but curse my slowness our swiftest mechs were cut down in the first exchanges and the faithless reds capped us out.

Stock urbies teaching respect for the can one kill at a time....

#3939 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

View Postloopala, on 12 January 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

AC20 21~28 rounds of ammo. you get good or die

But that's exactly it - 3-4 tons of ammo, thats good load (i do play AC20 on my hunchie, only mech i do scouting in CW, hope some clanners have nightmares about it). I never leave home without +- 500 damage for main caliber. It is so frustrating to hear "ammo depleated" when whole game could depend on it, i prefer to sacrifice few tons to have slightly more than enough ammo for my expected lifespan. Most of the time i do calculate time i can fire constantly ((ammo/salvo)*cooldown). I prefer to keep it not lower than 120 seconds.

Though my K-9 is very similar to yours, 375 total dmg instead of 337, very close. I guess with 5 lasers i no longer see cannon as main caliber..

#3940 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

Well played, PGI!

Many Clanners will be looking to buy a cheap MG mech for today's challenge... Urbie R60 has 4B hardpoints and costs only 1.5 million!

Slap a STD 180 in there, don't *need* DHS, 4 MG, 3t ammo 2 JJ, 4 SHS, 2 ML for backup... Ready to rock for just around 3million cbills!

...Next thing you know the clanners will realize what they are missing and cry out for U-IIc like the rest of us!!!

EDIT: came out to about 3.3 Million CBIlls with Endo/Ferro and some more SHS

Edited by UrbanTarget, 16 January 2018 - 08:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users