#101 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostSolahma, on 10 April 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Underlined and bolded... are these hints at new content in addition to the clan mechs? Sneak-peak at a destination system for clan-invasion and CW? Or is it all there to make it looks interesting?

Could be part of the CW economy they talked about a while back. Ownership of planets, and therefore production facilities, give benefits in terms of cost. Of course, it could also just be so much fluff to flesh out the post.

#102 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 10 April 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Take a screenshot of it from the viewpoint of an Atlas and the legs will probably look smaller.

In fact, the whole Mech will... ;)

yea but will it stop looking so blocky?

#103 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm of mixed thoughts when I look at this. Overall it's a tiny bit of a disappointment.

What I like:
1) Beefier arms are a great improvement - the original spindly chicken bones ones always looked like they'd snap off at any moment
2) Rectangular missile racks are a necessary concession for gameplay so it doesn't have giant literal hitboxes on its shoulders
3) Overall functional rugged military aesthetic (though that should be more of an Inner Sphere look....)

What I dislike:
1) Thighs/calves on the leg should be rounded/ovoid so as to accommodate decals like the iconic checkerboard pattern. The straight boxy leg armor is devoid of personality and looks nothing like the original.
2) Central cockpit is a bit of a mess. Should be more rounded, with larger glass panes and project out more, like the nose of a Heinkel 111 bomber. The concept art looked fine in this regard - I'm not sure what happened to the in-game model, but it sucks
3) Entire torso area is too small relative to legs. Legs look too tall, even accounting for the perspective

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 10 April 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#104 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 10 April 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Just Fix the legs and where good http://www.sarna.net...e:MadCat_2.jpeg

THIS!!!

Damn it, THAT'S a Timber Wolf!

That thing is just too much leggy!
The leg's are canonicly angled, and not straight like this!

#105 Solahma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

C'mon guys... if you're going to give us THREE pictures of a mech in a reveal you could have at least given us ONE screenshot from somewhere other than THE GROUND ;)

Edited by Solahma, 10 April 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#106 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

It might just be the angle, but the legs really look too long for the classic proportions. Because the legs look too long, the Mech just looks too tall in general.

I also prefer the original boxier missile ears from the early TROs.

Otherwise it does look pretty cool.

#107 Ghozzt

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 34 posts

View Post101011, on 10 April 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I believe that they are going with the separate hitbox, as there have been several screenshots of a glitch that can be seen when the HUD flickers where the ragdoll grows shoulder boxes. I also happen to experience this myself.

I would rather have this Timber Wolf than none at all, quiaff?

After the last mention of it being a single combined hitbox, that is what I have been under the impression it will be. If it is a separate hitbox, then all is forgiven.

I agree, better this than nothing at all. I actually like most of what I see, so do not misunderstand my previous statement. I look forward to piloting it on the battlefield... on new maps or enlarged existing ones since the original ones were designed for a 8v8. Right PGI?

#108 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Too long and too thick legs. Needs to be tuned. Also the LRM Barrels look too small for 2x 20 lrm launchers on Main config.

#109 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

I like it alot! The legs are not an issue and I like that the torso isn't HUGE. That will make it very survivable in combat.

Well done!

#110 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

color me disapointed, the overal shape is good but the proportions are waay off from the concept art. the torso is too small and the arms are too thick compared to how bulky the legs are.

all in all it looks good but those things just irk me

#111 MadManJames

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

View Post101011, on 10 April 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I would rather have this Timber Wolf than none at all, quiaff?

ide rather have nothing at all.

#112 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

It might just be a perspective issue, but the legs seem way too large (or the torso too small), similar to the Stalker's proportionality problems.

#113 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Its an okay Mad Cat, but echo comments the "nose" seems too small in proportion to the rest of the 'Mech.

#114 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

View PostGhozzt, on 10 April 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

After the last mention of it being a single combined hitbox, that is what I have been under the impression it will be. If it is a separate hitbox, then all is forgiven.

I agree, better this than nothing at all. I actually like most of what I see, so do not misunderstand my previous statement. I look forward to piloting it on the battlefield... on new maps or enlarged existing ones since the original ones were designed for a 8v8. Right PGI?

Here is a picture of the glitch I am talking about:
Spoiler

#115 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Looks good, but I feel like it's missing something. I can't really put my finger on it, but maybe the style is a little too close to those of the IS Mechs. It has a similar blockiness, instead of the sleeker more "high tech" appearance you'd expect from Clan tech.

#116 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

The legs do look like they were just scaled up by 25%... From these pictures they are too bulky and too tall. Imagine them 2/3 or 3/4 the size and it seems right. I wish they were less vertical and more angular like this adaptation:
Posted Image

#117 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Since there is no adjustment in the number of Clan Mechs per team for balancing, I would love if all Clan Mechs had ALL their hard points in the arms. That would make it fair for me ..

#118 Blazing Angel

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

I approve of this Timber wolf/Mad cat design. It may look out of proportion but if you notice all the screen shots are taken from a little bit below the mech, that is why it looks off. If you probably looked at it straight on or in game (Depending on which mech you're using), it would probably look right. Many of you need to think about that before going "URGH THIS THING SUCKS PGI GIVE ME REFUND".

#119 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

These legs look terrible! Too long and too fat. This is a disgrace.
Anyway... i didn't expect anything else.

#120 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Clan Wolf on Starting Strength!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users