Updated! Timber Wolf Screen Shots Revealed

950 replies to this topic

#361 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

In my 20 years of playing BT games, this is honestly the ugliest Timber Wolf I have ever seen.
It's actually even worse than the uninspired garbage they designed for MW4. I would rather they used the model straight out of MechAssault and just upscaled it.

I know PGI is trying to make the 'Mechs in this game look all modern and such, and some of the 'Mech designs looks pretty good in their updated forms, but this really needs a revision. Badly.

I am not trying to be dramatic or hyperbolic. It's barely recognizable as a Timber Wolf. It looks like it's some third-party knock-off.

#362 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 10 April 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostNavid A1, on 10 April 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

You Fell for that?... that timberwolf is running (clever trick by PGI when they see the feedback).
the legs in that animation snapshot is what it should be in idle stance too....
the idle stance looks like this: (also from the newly posted pics)

Posted Image

If that is idle why is the foot pad in the air?

Starting it's walking pace movement?...
that made it even worse... you just proved that it looks bad, not only in idle stance... but in walking pace to0...

Edited by Navid A1, 10 April 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#363 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 10 April 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Starting it's walking pace movement?...
that made it even worse... you just proved that it looks bad, not only in idle stance... but in walking pace to0...

^^
This...

Damn it, it was one of the easiest one to do!
And your ****** up!

#364 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

The legs are too beefy. They just are.

It's supposed to also look nimble. Make the legs less beefy while keeping the length.

#365 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

As a legendary founder, overlord, and Gold Khan mech purchaser (aka: Someone who has heavily invested into this game and I'm not even counting the mechbays, hero mechs, and variants I have purchased in support); When you guys said you were going to be giving more information about the clans I was hoping for more than just one screenshot repeated three times, specs from sarna, and hardpoints already listed on the clan page.

In Vlog #2 David said:

David:
“And people have been asking for the previews of the hard points and load outs of clan ‘mechs, and that information should be coming very soon, if not out already by the time this video gets out to you guys.”

Paul:
“We’ll hold that to him."

That was posted back on Feb 11 and it is now April 10th, two months later, and all you have that is new is an in game screen shot of one mech. Not only that but it is THE clan mech. At first I was like the others here, thinking the legs were too long, bulky, and square. Thankfully you posted on twitter (it should have been an edit to this post, I should not have to go to someone's personal twitter to see updates) a couple more screen shots that made it look not as bad as I thought but something was still off. Then others hit it on the head, it is the straight shot of the legs, they are not side locked/offset at the knee, as they should be. This changes the look, that is why the legs seem so bulky and out of place. The "toes" seem too short too but that is not as big as the legs themselves. This is the one clan mech you do not want to screw up on and you have. As an investor, I am not happy with the product being shown. Fix it, please. The social rewards are still sitting at the 10% from before this announcement, so no one has been enticed by your screen shot to buy in, that alone should tell you something.

Anywho, onto the other part of my post, we have only been given the prime variants hardpoints of the clan mechs so far. When are we getting the others? You did not even give us the other variants of the Timber Wolf with this post. I am sure some people are holding off on buying till they see this information and they are losing out on monthly rewards. You still have not held David to what he said either and it has been two months since he said this info would be out. We still do not have it.

Also, there is very little information on the Gold Khan mechs. Just that they are a gold skin and get a 30% c-bill bonus. Are they going to be a 4th mech of that type? So the prime and Khan would each have a 30% c-bill bonus then the 2 variants for a total of 4 mechs? Or is the prime going to be given a gold skin and you have 2 variants for 3 total mechs of that type? In the 4 mech case, would the Khan be its own variant or a duplicate of one of the others(ex/2 primes, one gold and one not or the 3 variants then a fourth unique gold variant)? or would the skin be moveable to any of that type of mech it was purchased for and the skin gives them the 30% bonus?

Then there is all the other items you have yet to define in the FAQ, such as warhorns and the unique moduels. There is only two months until this goes live, so you know what they are by now but are not telling us. If you do not know by now... you guys are in trouble with a fast approaching dead line. We have had nothing on the clans for two months and the best you have for us is one screen shot done three times over and two others from a twitter post, not even on the main game page. You guys are slipping on the communication again, you guys were doing good for a while, do not go back to the old ways. I want to support you, but you are making it very difficult.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 10 April 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#366 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

The Madcat should be sleek and speedy looking.

This has fat arms and fat legs. It's an unfit Madcat with middle-age spread.

Poor job, PGI.

3/10 must try harder.

#367 blackbane

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Makes me worried about the Direwolf and Warhawk, they are going to have thicker legs then a chick that lives on KFC.

#368 Drow

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I am not sure how to feel really.

The design is obviously a Timber Wolf, but considering that every single other model in the game at the moment have never looked as good as they do in MWO... I just expected more..? I like it. It is evidently just not the gorgeous piece of clan metal that was expected, though.

#369 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

I think this has happened...

Posted Image

#370 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

It doesn't really look like a Clan mech... it's too blocky. That's one of the major design differences that distinguishes Clan Omnimechs from IS mechs, visually, that rounded, almost organic feel that so many of them have. I especially notice the lack of the bulbs that they had over the ankles, where are those?

Side-offset knee joints are missing.

It's recognizably a Timberwolf, but... it's also subtly wrong.

Edited by Sable Phoenix, 10 April 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#371 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostDrathorin, on 10 April 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

I dunno, I've been to the US. It's pretty frightening there when you have a differing opinion!

At least we don't kill each other over sports like Europeans and South Americans...well, not as much as you guys anyways.

#372 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Nice, too bad that MWO-forumpeople are just too stupid to understand POV's effect on legs.
Posted Image

Posted Image

There will be a lot of dissapointed people when clan weaponary is "balanced", and all clanmechs prove to be exactly same crap as mechs we have now.

#373 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostDrathorin, on 10 April 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

To everyone saying make it look more like official lineart.

I present to you some official lineart.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have your precious official mech > :)

Posted Image

View PostBLACKFIRE, on 10 April 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

It looks like complete crap... the Legs look NOTHING like they should, did you try to recycle the Cataphract legs? That's what I'm seeing. WAY TO MANY flat BULKY parts, Looks like you built it with cardboard boxes. The mech doesn't say Blitz to me It says I over ate, and my ears make great easy kill buttons. What happens when I take the LRMs off this mech? What happens when instead of LRMS I want to place Two UAC10s up there, like in Living Legends? You have TINY FEET THAT SUCK! I'm already angry about the lack of long toes... they look stubby I hope someone redesigns this.. OR even better like In world of tanks maybe a client side Model mod? This one is killing me to see now much less in the game later. This is a great Model to try and stick closer to... http://mwomercs.com/...r-wolf-mad-cat/ With all these models to draw from how did it get so ugly? Can we have a Redesign Poll? I will wait another 3 months for this mech if you can replace the model with less ugly. Seriously... you made me hate this mech.Posted ImagePosted Image

Did someone say cardboard boxes?

Posted Image

#374 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hmmm looks strange the proportions are quite strange the legs are a bit bulky.
Somehow the legs and the Torso doesn't fit good.

Sorry about the complains but I'am a Clan player eversince and I want my Clanmechs to look as perfect as possible :)

The legs a little less bulky and the Tors a little bit stretched and widend and I think it will look like the concept Art-

#375 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

side torso missile racks, awesome. easy kills here i come

#376 102_devill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

I am so pleased with myself for resisting the urge to pre-order the Timber Wolf...

Seems PGI is really just bouncing from one bad design decision to another.

#377 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hmmm looks strange the proportions are quite strange the legs are a bit bulky.
Somehow the legs and the Torso doesn't fit good.

Sorry about the complains but I'am a Clan player eversince and I want my Clanmechs to look as perfect as possible :)

The legs a little less bulky and the Tors a little bit stretched and widend and I think it will look like the concept Art-

sorry for the double post but IE didn't worked properly.

Edited by Hornviech, 10 April 2014 - 11:43 PM.

#378 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Nice Mech. Not worth 55,- though.

So, wich clan mech i next? I guess we get them spoonfed 1 / week now?

Edited by John McFianna, 10 April 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#379 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Looks disappointing... Why is the torso so small compared to the legs? Doesn't resemble the concept art much. Is there any chance we can get a look at it from a different angle?

#380 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

The issue with side torso launchers has not been addressed, I kinda expected this, why learn from past games after all with such a brilliant history of successful design decisions.

This thing will be a glass cannon, even more if the rear of launchers are rear sections.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users