Updated! Timber Wolf Screen Shots Revealed

950 replies to this topic

#781 Kasset

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

THE LEGS!?!?! why so blocky? dosent the future believe in rounded ends and curves?

#782 Cabal LV426

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Curved legs is unique geometry only on preordered Prime variant

#783 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostHaitchpeasauce, on 15 April 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

All I see on the Victor model is "huge crotch".

... named for Victor "Huge Crotch" Davion.

...actually, it's a normal sized-crotch, but Victor is surprisingly short, so it looks huge.

#784 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 15 April 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

...actually, it's a normal sized-crotch, but Victor is surprisingly short, so it looks huge.

There is a tripod joke in there I can sense it.

#785 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 15 April 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

How do you think he won over Omi Kurita? Only one reason she would leave her own kind.

#786 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostNgamok, on 15 April 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

How do you think he won over Omi Kurita? Only one reason she would leave her own kind.

LOL, you say it like they are different species

#787 Sully

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Legs are WAAAAAAAY too big. Arms also look chunkier than any other version I've seen. That is an ugly Mad Cat design. Please, back to the drawing board. Maybe it will be fixed by the time I can get one with c-bills. I won't be paying for this.

#788 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 10 April 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

BTW: Now i'm really glad i've spent no money for it! Pheww...

Wait people actually gave pgi money for clan packs, I thought those packs were just a joke!

#789 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

View Posthercules1981, on 16 April 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Wait people actually gave pgi money for clan packs, I thought those packs were just a joke!

I bought the whole kit(fox) and caboodle, and can't wait to get them. Oh, and the sky isn't falling either.

#790 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

I like the updated images, especially the second where the nose is pointed down a little. That's the face of the wolf.

#791 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Ha! I just read the last four pages and I have never in my life read so much schlock by a bunch of prima donnas concerning legs...NONE of you know anything! Your opinions are just that. Opinions.
PGI if you are reading this I have bought some of your clan packages and am thinking of getting more of them please don't change the design of the Madcat.
Carry on ladies! Good to know you care.

#792 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 16 April 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ha! I just read the last four pages and I have never in my life read so much schlock by a bunch of prima donnas concerning legs...NONE of you know anything! Your opinions are just that. Opinions.

And it concerns you because...? :P

PGI if you are reading this I have bought some of your clan packages and am thinking of getting more of them please don't change the design of the Madcat.
Carry on ladies! Good to know you care.

Is that an opinion too?... or you just know something that we don't. :P

#793 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Lovin' the forest snow pic. :P

#794 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostKasset, on 15 April 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

THE LEGS!?!?! why so blocky? dosent the future believe in rounded ends and curves?

On the bright side, the cockpit is not "fake round". :P

Wait. :P

Oh no! B)

I SAID TOO MUCH! :wub:

#795 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

The Concept art on the Clan page looked awesome. I'm talking about this picture: https://static.mwome...ns/page1_BG.png

Like many others I find the ingame screenshots a bit disappointing. The model looks awfully disproportionate, even considering the low camera angle.

It's just a sneeky gut feeling, but was the ingame Mad Cat model, probably the most iconic Battletech mech next to Marauder and Warhammer, 'adjusted' (read: uglified) for game mechanic/balance reasons?
I think it's safe to say that most players give a flying duck poo about 'optimizing' hit boxes and combat survivability at the cost of the looks of their favorite BT mech.

Dear devs, please try to adust it to be a bit more inline with the concept art, the TRO original and the picture Solahma posted in reply #116.

Last but not least: Clan mechs should look somehow differerent than IS mechs. Giving them slightly rounded armor and making them look sleeker would be a great way of achieving that, imho.

Oh, and:

Ha! I just read the last four pages and I have never in my life read so much schlock by a bunch of prima donnas concerning legs...NONE of you know anything! Your opinions are just that. Opinions. (..)

Hypocrisy at it's best. Do you really think that acing like a moron makes you look cool?
I'd rather have people voicing their opinion than some self-entitled schmock walzing in and insulting others for no other reason than disagreeing with them.

Edited by John Norad, 17 April 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#796 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostJohn Norad, on 17 April 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

The Concept art on the Clan page looked awesome. I'm talking about this picture: https://static.mwome...ns/page1_BG.png

Like many others I find the ingame screenshots a bit disappointing. The model looks awfully disproportionate, even considering the low camera angle.

Dear devs, please try to adust it to be a bit more inline with the concept art, the TRO original and the picture Solahma posted in reply #116.

I don't agree - I like the in game model - but I also wouldn't be opposed to a little tweaking, so thank you for at least stating your opinion politely.

It's just a sneeky gut feeling, but was the ingame Mad Cat model, probably the most iconic Battletech mech next to Marauder and Warhammer, 'adjusted' (read: uglified) for game mechanic/balance reasons?
I think it's safe to say that most players give a flying duck poo about 'optimizing' hit boxes and combat survivability at the cost of the looks of their favorite BT mech.

It was most definitely adjusted for mechanics/balance reasons, just like every other mech was. Some in game mechs turned out pretty close to the concept art, but that would be more on the concept artists side than the 3d modelers - the more accurate and "functional" the concept art, the closer it will be to the 3d model, not the other way around.

While I appreciate the artistic side of things quite a bit, I think you are wrong about the priority, though. Optimizing hitboxes and combat survivability is paramount, and I would be willing to bet the majority of other players would agree. While we all want amazing looking mechs, once we launch into the game with it finally, nothing matters more than its effectiveness in combat.

For instance, I have always loved the Catapult as far as looks, and it looks even more amazing in game. I don't pilot one regularly, though, because even after mastering it and getting quite good at torso twisting and spreading damage, I still don't care for how it performs in combat. The Stalker and Cataphract, on the other hand, have never even been on my "artisitic" radar, but they are two of my favorite mechs in game because of how they play.

Last but not least: Clan mechs should look somehow differerent than IS mechs. Giving them slightly rounded armor and making them look sleeker would be a great way of achieving that, imho.

Do me a favor (seriously): go look through all of the Clan battlemechs in several artistic sources (not just previous games), then look at all of the IS mechs in those same sources. There is no actual "Clan look" or "IS look". There is more difference between House Kurita mechs and House Davion mechs than there is between House and Clan. This is a very common misconception that we all need to get over.

For instance, the Clan OmniMech Gladiator looks like this: www.sarna.net/wiki/images/e/e9/Gladiator.jpg
Now compare that with the House Liao IS Cataphract: www.sarna.net/wiki/images/e/ea/3050_Cataphract.jpg
Now, for arguments sake, compare the the Liao-designed Cataphract with the Davion-reverse-engineered version of it, the Caeser: www.sarna.net/wiki/images/4/40/3050_Caeser.jpg

Oh, and:

Hypocrisy at it's best. Do you really think that acing like a moron makes you look cool?
I'd rather have people voicing their opinion than some self-entitled schmock walzing in and insulting others for no other reason than disagreeing with them.

I want people voicing their opinions too, but you are getting into an insult loop here. Insulting someone for insulting another person proves nothing, other than you are no better than him - isn't that quite hypocritical of you, also?

#797 Sir Iron Duke

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image

Edited by HMSIronDuke, 17 April 2014 - 07:08 AM.

#798 MATRAKA14

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#799 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostCimarb, on 17 April 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

I want people voicing their opinions too, but you are getting into an insult loop here. Insulting someone for insulting another person proves nothing, other than you are no better than him - isn't that quite hypocritical of you, also?

We can agree to disagree here, but I think I simply differentiate a bit more than you do in this case. What I did was calling him out with good reason (breaking the netiquette), while he just started being rude because he felt like it. I think there is a difference.
But yeah, whatever. I guess I could've told him politely. But I'm just a human, too. And ignorant people with no manners tick me off.

#800 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostJohn Norad, on 17 April 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

We can agree to disagree here, but I think I simply differentiate a bit more than you do in this case. What I did was calling him out with good reason (breaking the netiquette), while he just started being rude because he felt like it. I think there is a difference.
But yeah, whatever. I guess I could've told him politely. But I'm just a human, too. And ignorant people with no manners tick me off.

Ignorant people annoy me too, but sinking to their level doesn't make things better.

Regardless, I really like the TimberWolf models and can't wait to see the special geometry version. It would be nice if they would show some of the others too, even if they aren't perfect yet - GIVE SOME TEASERS! (pls)

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users