305 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Please leave us your constructive feedback, concerns, and liked aspects of Paul's Command Chair April Update!

Spoiler

#2 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

The AC/2 DPS was too high, so it's getting a longer recycle time but an overall DPS buff? And a range nerf to make it shorter than the AC/5?

:)

#3 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Sounds like good news to me all around. Thank you for making small adjustments to the ACs and letting them keep their flavor :)

#4 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostFelio, on 11 April 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

The AC/2 DPS was too high, so it's getting a longer recycle time but an overall DPS buff? And a range nerf to make it shorter than the AC/5? :)

AC/2 DPS drops from 3.8 down to 3.0.

#5 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Nice update; thanks.

The autocannon nerf is delicate (1.67s and 0.67s cooldowns now, sounds like), which shouldn't impact use of the weapon to suppress too much.

One question: where do you guys stand on the (extant) PPC/AC pinpoint meta? Is the 30-point hit acceptable to you, even if it's not an ideal situation? Or since you used the word "incremental," do you plan on breaking up FLD convergence any further?

#6 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Did I understand correctly that to temporarily help the SRM uselessness, SRM2 and SRM4 are getting a minor boost but not SRM6? If so, that doesn't help my brawler Atlas. Can you please include SRM6 also?

#7 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Sounds good. Thanks, Paul!

#8 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

A little worried that my SRM's are never gonna work right again. Other than that, sounds pretty good.

#9 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

The weapon balance section looks good at first glance, but I will have to think it over.

The launch module still looks to be a rather large let down for people that just want to be able to play with friends in a group larger than 4.

The Community Warfare stuff is a lot of nothing. We need to start getting some real information not more kick the can down the road comments.

The Clan mechs/tech is great and all, but can we get some more solid info on what you are doing with them so we can make a proper choice on buying them or not?

#10 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 11 April 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

AC/2 DPS drops from 3.8 down to 3.0.

OK, you might need to fix this then:

The AC/2 however will still have a slight DPS buff in that it will also be doing 3 DPS.

I still have to say, giving it a shorter range than the AC/5 seems inconsistent. However short you have to make the AC/2, the AC/5 should be shorter.

Edited by Felio, 11 April 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#11 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

Sounds awesome Cannot wait for those mechs.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Only issue I have with all this great news is the concept that the AC2 will become outranged by the (U)AC5... the AC2 is suppose to be a long range weapon. Reducing the rate of fire should be sufficient enough I would think. (Will wait upon testing (if I use those weapons anytime soon) before farther opinions.)

#13 arkani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 11 April 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

The weapon balance section looks good at first glance, but I will have to think it over.

The launch module still looks to be a rather large let down for people that just want to be able to play with friends in a group larger than 4.

The Community Warfare stuff is a lot of nothing. We need to start getting some real information not more kick the can down the road comments.

The Clan mechs/tech is great and all, but can we get some more solid info on what you are doing with them so we can make a proper choice on buying them or not?

Lets see if i can help you.
"...Community Warfare stuff is a lot of nothing..." yes exactly, because they have nothing done, and its been like that for the past 2+ years, so no surprise there.
" .. clan mechs ...proper choice on buying them or not", well just buy them because thats basically waht PGI IGP wants. YOUR MONEY, they will be no more than another mech to grind, because CW is vaporware (see previous).

Hope i could help.

#14 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

nothing about a new map? :)

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostMagos Titanicus, on 11 April 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

nothing about a new map? :)

6 mechs tho,

#16 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Well the sentiment is nice but you found the most confusing way humanly possible to explain it.

Could you please just list the revised stats for each weapon in an easy to read way?

The key factors will be the recycle times and ranges presumably.

#17 Mofwangana Bogogono

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the update. Any thoughts to giving the AC/2 and (U)AC/5 minimum ranges, just like in TT?

#18 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Yay! Still nothing if you want to group with more that 3 of your friends.

That is, unless SOMEONE pays for it in the Premium Match System

But you still have to go find your opponent, and all you get for it is Epeen

Yawn, wake me when I get to play with my friends.

Oh, and Seriously guise, we're really working on Community Warfare (still, after it's been pushed back 2 years) but we still cant talk about it because you know, we don't want to spoil the surprise that we're really making nothing more than an E Sport, but still want you to buy gold clan mechs :)

Edited by Roadbeer, 11 April 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#19 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

That sentence about AC2 range is a bit confusing. Surely AC2 won't have a shorter range than (U)AC5? That would make it completely useless and it would make no sense in the bigger picture. Smaller AC's should have more range, period.

And I have to add that even if it retains its current range it will still be a sub-par weapon once it's dps is lowered that much while its heat remains as it is. AC2 is just way too hot but that has been okayish since its other stats have been so good. No it just boils you up and gives you nothing in return, great.

Edited by arghmace, 11 April 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#20 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostFelio, on 11 April 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

OK, you might need to fix this then:

I still have to say, giving it a shorter range than the AC/5 seems inconsistent. However short you have to make the AC/2, the AC/5 should be shorter.

The AC/2 is getting a buff in regards to the normalization of DPS between the various classes of AC. He stated the AC/20 is 5 DPs, AC/10 is 4 DPS, (U)AC/5 is 3 DPS so following that logic the AC/2 should have been 2 DPS. So it is buffed since it has the same DPS as the (U)AC/5 class at 3 DPS since there is only a 2 ton difference between the weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users