Weapons

129 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Anyone? I'm not home yet. Obviously, there will be a lot of different views...as the hit registration problems messed with everyone differently.

I'm mostly interested in larger SRM alpha strikes.

#2 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

No improvement for my SRM18 (avg. ping ~20-50ms).

Other players have reported improvements though - someone suggested the improvements may have only affected those with high pings (100ms+).

#3 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Well my 27 ping is not helping me then :)

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Currently patching, but I'll be sure to try the 22 tube 2D2. With ping averaging around 20, we'll see if it does anything.

#5 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

From my understanding, the only change from today's patch that would effect SRMs is the server-side explosion authority.

This means you still have to hit the mech in the right place to trigger an explosion and deal damage to the target mech. I'm interested to hear if this is actually the case now.

We were told that this change means "when you hit a mech, you hit a mech" meaning if you see the explosion, the damage WILL be applied.

Has anyone run into an instance where this has or has not happened?

Key things to look for is if the SRM has an explosion effect when you think it hit the target. Then check to see if damage was delt to the target mech.

#6 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostSolahma, on 15 April 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

From my understanding, the only change from today's patch that would effect SRMs is the server-side explosion authority.

This means you still have to hit the mech in the right place to trigger an explosion and deal damage to the target mech. I'm interested to hear if this is actually the case now.

We were told that this change means "when you hit a mech, you hit a mech" meaning if you see the explosion, the damage WILL be applied.

Has anyone run into an instance where this has or has not happened?

Key things to look for is if the SRM has an explosion effect when you think it hit the target. Then check to see if damage was delt to the target mech.

They fixed another tracer bug that was supposed to help and fixed it in this patch.

• Fixed a problem in the host state rewinding logic where weapon traces between the server and client could occasionally desync

See above

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 15 April 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#7 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Ones that hit actually seem to have impact - but overall I still see a good number missing. At least now though the server doesn't give me a false positive as often.

#8 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

I think the patch that's supposed to help SRMs (and likely LRMs to a lesser degee) a lot is the next one.

Apparently the Cryengine has an issue with too many explosions in the same area - and delays their effect. (at which point the mech might not be there anymore)

This actually confirms the theory that chain-firing SRMs makes them work better, and also explains why they work against shut-down mechs.

They said that they tested it a few days ago and it works - but they didn't quite have the fix ready in time for this patch.

Edited by Charons Little Helper, 15 April 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#9 ratgoat

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I'm still loading missiles point blank into the backsides of assaults and not registering damage.

#10 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostCharons Little Helper, on 15 April 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

I think the patch that's supposed to help SRMs (and likely LRMs to a lesser degee) a lot is the next one.

Apparently the Cryengine has an issue with too many explosions in the same area - and delays their effect. (at which point the mech might not be there anymore)

This actually confirms the theory that chain-firing SRMs makes them work better, and also explains why they work against shut-down mechs.

They said that they tested it a few days ago and it works - but they didn't quite have the fix ready in time for this patch.

There were actually multiple parts. The tracer part, which I quoted above was in this patch, and they thought it MAY help. I realize more is coming. This isn't a doom and gloom thread. Just curious mostly.

I was hoping that if this patch ended up helping, we might be in real good shape come the 29th

View Postratgoat, on 15 April 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm still loading missiles point blank into the backsides of assaults and not registering damage.

Well poop.

#11 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

I sure hope so, Nic. For everyone's sake.

#12 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

View Postratgoat, on 15 April 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

What's your ping? I've noticed that if I'm downloading something in the background - my missiles (both kinds) start registering horribly.

#13 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 15 April 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

I sure hope so, Nic. For everyone's sake.

Forget everyone, it's all about MEEEEEE.

Although I do look forward to this fix, it's neutered a few mechs if I don't play LRM spammer and they are the ones I need to master :)

#14 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

They are a bit better. Still missing some.

#15 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

The fix for srms is in the 29th patch (supposedly). Something to do with too many explosions at one time or something of equally silly.

Edited by 3rdworld, 15 April 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#16 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

The 36 dmg alpha Jenner is moving restlessly in his sleep.

#17 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 15 April 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

The fix for srms is in the 29th patch (supposedly). Something to do with too many explosions at one time or something of equally silly.

Once again, they added a tracer fix this patch which they thought could've helped SRM's, but seems they didn't.

#18 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

It might also mean the return of the splatcat, now that I think about it. Although more than 4 SRM6 are probably still not feasible, even if they register correctly. But a 3 + 3 chain might do fine. Also, the Griffin with 4 might become a force to be reckoned with. And I might finally change my HBK-4SP back into a brawler.

Can you tell I'm excited about this?

#19 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

View Postzagibu, on 15 April 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

It might also mean the return of the splatcat, now that I think about it. Although more than 4 SRM6 are probably still not feasible, even if they register correctly. But a 3 + 3 chain might do fine. Also, the Griffin with 4 might become a force to be reckoned with. And I might finally change my HBK-4SP back into a brawler.

Can you tell I'm excited about this?

I never really hated the Splatcat, it had some very obvious limitations.

And once the newer larger maps were implemented it really took a lot of wind out of their sails.

#20 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Nope, still pretty horrid. Not noticing any difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users