68 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Im still up in the air as to what house Ill want to work for and starting threads to ask WHY I should work for (or pledge to if I decide on one house over another)

SO... WHY Kurtia?

#2 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

The Great House Kurita is built upon the foundation of honor and discipline, the very cement uniting the people of the Draconis Combine, which we seek to export to all of the Inner Sphere. Service and loyalty are our credo, and the code of bushido paves the way to victory and glory. At the same time, we maintain that warfare is a form of art, to be perfected like any craftsman in the Combine seeks to do. We have a rich culture extending back thousands of years, all the way back to ancient Terra, which ultimately makes us superior to the other nations of the Inner Sphere whose existence is plagued by corruption and treachery veiled behind the stench of cheap perfume and decadent luxury.

If you are a warrior who seeks a purpose greater than monetary gains, if for you, piloting a battlemech is not a "job" but a lifestyle, look no further than the nearest DCMS recruitment bureau.

Posted Image
(also, we have free dental)

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 19 June 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#3 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

well, I can only say that for me, siding with the Combine was based on my interest for the japanese culture and heritage and most importantly, the fundamental idea of Bushido (the Bushido Code)

Rectitude - Courage - Benevolence - Respect - Honesty - Honor - Loyalty

rgds
Om

#4 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks to the reforms of Theodore Kurita there is a place in the Combine for the most rigid diciples of busido to the greediest of mercenaries to the criminal underworld. No matter what your motivation is, the dragon has use of you, and will reward your efforts. At least... in principal.

Edited by Hayden, 19 June 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#5 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

We also have Asian ladies, which I feel is very important.

So does Liao, but come on, it's Liao. Need I say more?

#6 Brioc

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

A fact is the production of the stp-7k - a real nice mech :D)

#7 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

If you have to ask why, you are not worthy of the honor of serving the coordinator.
^_^ :D

#8 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Better question: why not choose House Kurita?
For one, ours is a warrior's culture.
And the clans deemed us to be the most honourable of the "Inner Sphere Barbarians" that it was considered a great honour for the Smoke Jaguars to win the right to invade us.
Next, if you're a loyal Kuritan, you'll have friends on every planet.
Third: we quite nearly conquered the FedSuns back in the first succession war, and had the CapCon almost begging for an alliance.
Fourth: We called a bluff on Hanse Davion and he didn't find out until a decade later.

PS.
We got anime/manga industries, the other factions don't.

#9 Galaxy613

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA, VA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Also, we like PPC's on our light mechs.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Panther
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wight
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Talon

#10 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostGalaxy613, on 20 June 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

I like PPCs on my every mech.

#11 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

If your a Merc you don't want to work for the Dragon. The DMCS usually looks down on Mercs. The Draconis Combine has tried to wipe out at least to Merc companies that I know of. But I could be wrong on all this. But from what I remember reading in the novels and source books, is that if your a Merc you don't want to work for them. You can not trust them. If they feel your to good and they can't or don't want to keep you they will try to wipe you out. I suggest you work for House Davion, Steiner, or Marik. And if you like the under dog go with Free Rasalhague Republic. I personally feel that if these people convince you to work for the Dragon then you should join the Draconis Combine and not be a Merc. Also just to let you know if I was not a House Davion fan boy I would play for House Kurita. Second favorite House.

#12 Yuri Andropov

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationNew Rim Worlds Republic

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

It depends, are you willing to delete your account every time you lose a battle? If not, you're not a true Kurita!

Just wait a couple years for Teddy-time and you'll be fine though, then you can ride those sweet mechs without the snake rules.

#13 Bick

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationProserpina

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

In a galaxy of war a culture built by and for the warrior is the only true calling. The dragon honors the bushido code rewards those who serve, the glory of the Dragon For it is all about the Combine and not the family but the ideal. The Combine is great because we the people are great.

#14 OMGRemy80

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostGalaxy613, on 20 June 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Also, we like PPC's on our light mechs.

We like PPC's on all our Mechs :)

#15 Alexander Hadrios

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra, Segmentum Solar, Imperium of Man

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

First, there's the culture, which edges out the FedCom by a large amount in its awesomeness.

Second are the mechs... Give me a Dragon over anything besides Clan mechs any day... and on that note, its prudent to mention that the Dragon was the first nation to get its hands on Daishi assault mechs, at least in cannon...

Third, the warrior pride, the fact that under no circumstances will a true kurita abandon their lance mates for paltry things like 'food' or 'sleep'... such things are beneath the warriors of the dragon!

And finally, the anime/manga jokes, because their so much more amusing than german jokes for steiner or the crazy jokes for Liao!

#16 Audit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Getting to shout "FOR THE DRAGON!!!!!" before every battle is reason enough.

#17 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostAlexander Hadrios, on 20 June 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

'food' or 'sleep'... such things are beneath the warriors of the dragon!
This reminds me of one of the short stories in the House Kurita sourcebook, about a freshly recruited infantry platoon whose troops were made to march without sleep for days. Upon being questioned by an outsider, the leading officer replied: "A soldier of the Combine does not need to learn how to sleep, he already knows that." :(

#18 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Because House Kurita is going to dominate the game. You can either be on the winning side or the other side.

#19 afotch

• Pip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 13 posts
  • Location(CLASSIFIED) SLDF 331st aka Wolverines

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Because at some point and time, hopefully, we're going to get to re-enact the Battle of Luthien against the Smoked Jags or the Combine/Ghost Bear war.

#20 Greyjoy

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWolcott - DC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

I chose Kurita after reading a ton of fluff and seeing how they weathered the clan invasion and came out guns blazing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users