50 Timber Wolf Gold Khan Collections Remaining

846 replies to this topic

#41 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

I sure hope this is the only time the community will have to see three of these things at one time. As if seeing one in game won't cause a minor riot amongst the players, seeing 3 would cause them to have to form a 3rd team

#42 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

I feel trolled.

#43 Sychodemus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Still over-priced and completely off-the-mark from a Clan perspective.

So... yeah.

No.

#44 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

"Quick guys, noone has been buying our 500$ virtual mechs lately, let's go homeshoppingchannel on their wallets an tell them that ""there are not many left! Oder now and recieve a cookie for free!" that will motivate them for sure!!"

PGI..i like your game but sometimes....

Edited by Gloris, 24 April 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#45 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Just because I HAVE the money for it doesn't mean I WILL. Besides...No tactical advantage with gold cammie paint.

#46 PsyArkron

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

A game that's still full of bugs who are very annoying, awful performance issues and no SLI/Crossfire wants me to spend 500$ on some gold skins?

Posted Image

Edited by PsyArkron, 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#47 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

I don't know what's sadder: the fact that PGI is trying to advertise $500 mechs like this, or that people have actually purchased them in the first place.

Edited by FupDup, 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#48 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I don't know what's sadder: the fact that PGI is trying to advertise $500 mechs like this, or that people have actually purchased them in the first place.

why is it sad? people have spent money on more expensive things than this.

#49 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

View Post101011, on 24 April 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Hmmm...is it just me, or does the Timber Wolf in the picture have its arms pointing in separate directions?

This has been happening in multiple images actually.

Has me quite curious.

So, photoshop or is the arm crosshair "o" getting split into two separate ones?
Or is part of the targeting system the ability to track a second target with automatic aiming?

#50 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 24 April 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

It's not about the raw price so much as the item you get for that price. Paying $500 for different colored pixels for a single imaginary internet robot is a hilariously dumb concept.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think that somebody actually did a calculation that a BT Tabletop miniature made from REAL gold would cost less than one of these Khan mechs.

Edited by FupDup, 24 April 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#51 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Posting things you can get for around $500 USD...

Sennheiser HD650:
Posted Image
$443.33 USD on Amazon with free USA shipping. One of the best headphones ever made. Good for a lifetime of music listening. I own these and you guys have no idea how good they sound. Dying without having ever listened to music through a good pair of headphones would be a shame.

KRK Rokit 8 G2:
Posted Image
Studio loudspeakers you can get for $279 USD per speaker or $558 USD in total. I own these as well, being able to listen to music with studio quality reproduction on a daily basis is amazing. Everyone who enjoys music should own a pair of studio monitors.

GTX 780:
Posted Image
The best video card ever made. $499 on Newegg. Even if you don't play games its an amazing piece of hardware to own. There are amazing artworks out there which require a powerful GPU to run in real-time on your computer: http://www.pouet.net/. You can even program your own artwork like I do: https://www.shaderto...m/user/Justaway. Having virtually unlimited GPU power means you can simulate anything you want, create anything you want, be it physics, optics or trippy quirks of mathematics. Being able to program on a powerful GPU unlocks an entire universe to explore pretty much. I own the 780TI which is a slightly improved version.

Reason 7:
Posted Image
Currently $399 USD from their website. You can't pirate this piece of software due to unbreakable DRM. There are no pirated versions existing anywhere. It is completely worth the $399 price tag that it is currently at with the special offer. The usual price is around $600. This is probably the most intuitive and complete music production software ever created. The synths and effects that it comes with sound absolutely spectacular. If you are interested in music you should at least try your hand at music production at least once in your life. Reason is a complete solution for composing and rendering any kind of music ranging from dubstep to metal to classical and orchestrial music. I own this program and it will be good for a lifetimes worth of musical exploration.

I don't see how gold mechs could compete with any of these things.

Edited by SiliconLife, 24 April 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#52 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

I can't wait to see people go apoplectic when someone drops a pre-made of just gold mechs.

I hope they fraps it.

#53 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I really think they just saw the upper tier packages that "the-game-that-shall-not-be-named" has been selling and thought they could get in on that action. Unfortunately, whether they think they've done it to themselves or not, they're just nowhere near a position to do that.

#54 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 24 April 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Probably because functionally you get the same thing (and the same variant) in the Timberwolf pack for a lot less with yet another skin you can't change, the same cbill payout benefit, etc?

So.. You get 2 "Prime" Timberwolves + the rest of the clan mechs. One gets the orange/green paintjob and pattern, one gets the the gold pattern and paint. Both give you experience under the same variant, both give you a 30% cbill bonus... so the only tangible reason to do it is to have a suicide run doing lots of damage and rapidly dying, then switching to the other copy of the same variant and doing the same thing, and rush back and forth with the two to make a crapload of cbills.

o.O; It's that, or by getting it you rob yourself of the other prime... in which case that sucks even more.

#55 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 24 April 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Unless these mechs can reflect lasers and are the patron saints of Kerensky himself, why in gods holy name would you spend that much on one.

MechWarrior has been one of my four favorite games since 1998, and I've played a lot of games.
I bought a Gold Khan Mech (Summoner) simply because I want to assist PGI by providing some more funding for them to work with in improving MWO.
I listen to the podcasts, I view the YouTube interviews with the Devs, and I read quite a bit in these forums and though there are a million complaints and the game isn't perfect, I'm patient.

I had some extra money saved up and all my bills were paid so though I know it's extremely overpriced I decided to get one.
Again, this is because I love the MechWarrior games.

I always have. I always will.

#56 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Looks like the rounded Clan-Collection Prime variants, rather than the blocky standard Wolves we saw in the initial screenshots. Hopefully that's what I'm getting for the alacarte purchase. Even the thunderthighs look sexy.

As for the gold skin...I LIKE A LOT.

[trimmed]

...still not worth $500. Even with all the extras.

Edited by Viterbi, 25 April 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#57 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

It's funny ppl are assuming you can drop with these mechs.
Wouldn't that be a twist for you, if we couldn't.
;)

#58 Ysgramors Beard

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

It's legs look like they are a better fit now, than in the original Timber Wolf pics at least!

#59 SpartanFiredog317

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 176 posts
  • LocationMighty MO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

MWO will become more full of [redeacted] than EVE online when those things come out... Friendly fire all over the place... hope they have many banhamers ready along with turbohamsters to power them.....

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 24 April 2014 - 07:07 PM.
Language

#60 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 April 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

It's not about the raw price so much as the item you get for that price. Paying $500 for different colored pixels for a single imaginary internet robot is a hilariously dumb concept.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think that somebody actually did a calculation that a BT Tabletop miniature made from REAL gold would cost less than one of these Khan mechs.

real gold? hmm i doubt it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users