Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostButane9000, on 29 April 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Something like:

Lights: 2.5% increase in C-bills
Mediums: 5% increase in C-bills
Heavies: 1.25% increase in C-bills
Assaults: 0% increase in C-bills

Exactly or even a higher amount.

The real problem in MWO is the playerbase has leaned towards the higher end of the tonnage range, including myself even tho I love light mech v light mech fights even with my poor AU ping.

#82 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

A 5% increase in C-bills is paltry.

Similarly, while mediums aren't great, there are plenty of worthwhile medium builds.

I'd implement the following:

Lights / Mediums: +25% C-bill earnings
Heavies / Assaults: no C-bill bonus

Maybe give Heavies +5%. Plenty of people pilot heavies over assaults, including myself.

And/Or give players the option of selecting several 'mechs. My first choice to pilot is X, my second choice is Y, my third choice is Z. With the different 'mechs being of different weight classes.

Edited by Pale Jackal, 29 April 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#83 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostMeta 2013, on 29 April 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

[color="#b27204"]Rebas Kradd[/color]

Dude at least get your facts right ... they ran the test for 6 hours ..not 10. So your good at flaming but failed math.

The test will take place on Thursday, April 24th, 2014, from 12:00pm to 10:00pm PDT (3:00pm to 1:00am EDT)
I count 10 hrs. Perhaps my math is wrong as well.

#84 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostPale Jackal, on 29 April 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

And/Or give players the option of selecting several 'mechs. My first choice to pilot is X, my second choice is Y, my third choice is Z. With the different 'mechs being of different weight classes.

AKA dropship mode. Did that die or is it still on the table for some point in time??

I assume balancing that mode would be even worse.

Heck just give us a trial only mode already. That would be easy to balance only 4 variables.

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 29 April 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#85 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Maybe its time for 24/7 Testserver like Star Trek Online have.
There would be way more players and bug reports to avoid such bugs on release.
Many of my friends wasnt able to join because of the time and duration of the test.

#86 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostButane9000, on 29 April 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

My guess is that the public didn't switch to the lighter weight classes as fast as you expected them too. Because right now MWO fails in it's intended design goal to make all mech weight classes and chassis useful. For the past 2 years you've left medium in the dust and lights being a more niche role. This means most of the player base uses Heavy and Assault mech which is most likely seriously skewing your match maker.

I suggest implementing something like World of Tank so when your in que for a public match you can see how many of each weight class are currently qued such as:

Light: 283
Medium: 157
Heavy:398
Assault:341

I seriously don't see why this is needed. Or 3/3/3/3 for that matter. All they have to do is stop building one team and then the other team.

Pair mechs off and add them to both teams at the same time. One assault here, one there. That way if one team is 12 assaults so is the other. Done.

Yes, I know it's not that simple but IMO it's because of the poor way that ELO has been implemented. Never before have I seen a system in a game that has such blind luck entrenched into code unless it's to do with loot generation and even then that's usually more tightly controlled.

Edited by Greyboots, 29 April 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#87 Xenok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Mountian Time Zone

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

PGI can always be counted on. YOu know they will mess anything up they touch, here is yet another example.

#88 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

would have sworn it was only 6 hours originally. either way ... its not long enough to sample the player base from all the differ time zones. I really wonder if they run sample set stats on these test servers before pushin the "its good" button.

#89 Xenok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Mountian Time Zone

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostMarneusB, on 29 April 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

You think the game is great? Fine, then play your crappy game. I won't, and good riddance. Perhaps after this game goes down the drain there will be another company to take up the name and do it right.

I quit playing about a month ago and the only thing I wonder is why it took me so long. I am hoping that PGI makes this collapse. Its the worst thing (even more so than MechAssult) that has ever happened to the Battletech universe. They turned mechs into tanks by behavior and have destroyed vertually every system TT ever had in it. I mean the MechAssult games were still fun, but they were not a battletech universe game. This game is not much fun and is not a battletech universe game. Where is the universe in this game, completely missing. PGI please loose the license on this so that we can get a good Mechwarrior game.

#90 Solahma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Suggestions

-Extend the testing time to 9-12 hours starting at 12pm PDT. A good amount of potential players on the West Coast aren't available until after 6pm. And then there is always the Australian player-base that is missing out.

-Shut down the main servers during public testing times and find something productive to do with them during the downtime. Maintenance or something productive that can be done while they are down.

Edited by Solahma, 29 April 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#91 Jak Darren

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

So, even though many of us have been saying it for years, maybe this time you'll hear it:

Battlevalue. Use Battlevalue.

I don't see how you can buckle on so many other things, but are afraid to touch the matchmaking system already designed for this.

#92 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

This comes as no Surprise at all, PGI regular song and dance routine. And why the Hell take away the Mod' option for community matches now its a mess'?

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 29 April 2014 - 03:04 PM.
Language

#93 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostXenok, on 29 April 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

I quit playing about a month ago and the only thing I wonder is why it took me so long. I am hoping that PGI makes this collapse. Its the worst thing (even more so than MechAssult) that has ever happened to the Battletech universe. They turned mechs into tanks by behavior and have destroyed vertually every system TT ever had in it. I mean the MechAssult games were still fun, but they were not a battletech universe game. This game is not much fun and is not a battletech universe game. Where is the universe in this game, completely missing. PGI please loose the license on this so that we can get a good Mechwarrior game.

I love how you know-it-all's that have all the answers can't seem to share the perfect solution.......then again you can't even spell LOSE for the love of god.

#94 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Meta 2013, on 29 April 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Meta

So you are the guy whose builds everyone is complaining about!

#95 MarneusB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

"Other constructive ideas would be appreciated though! "  -Nikolai
I used to give them, many others did too.  More often than not, instead of listening, y'all decided to do whatever the hell you wanted in the end.  This 3/3/3/3 idea is perfect proof.  It doesn't fall into canon for the TT universe (which y'all claim to follow), and only sounds "fair" to someone who probably has never even played this damn game, much less the TT one.  Who came up with such a system?  Probably someone who wanted to make the game more appealing to people who didn't know much about the Battletech world, probably someone whose only interest is the bottom line, probably the same someone who is making all the horrid ideas to shove as much monetized content down our throats in the vain attempt to disguise that your programming team isn't able to meet deadlines to provide the content they've promised, and are being forced to make changes (or horrifyingly, willingly making these changes for The Greater Good) that is harming the game but attempting to make the game more viable for clueless players.
There's your constructive ideas.  If you provide better gameplay, maybe people will buy some of that monetized content you've spent so much time on already?  If you stop going down the greedy road, and start focusing on making a good game, maybe people would be happier. Try matching mech class to mech class, I don't see why a 4-man Light scout lance isn't a viable set-up for a real match. Why does my scout lance have to have a medium in command of it now? Use a tonnage limit, you have it in your private servers now, make it work for public as well. Use the battlevalue of the mechs, you have all the stats right, I'm sure you can find the BV somewhere, right? Why even customize my mechs now? Just find the biggest tonnage for that class and load it out with as many guns as I can. Gg. Do something, ANYTHING, but just not this stupid arbitrary balancing system that takes no account in for anything about the specifics of a mech.

Edited by MarneusB, 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#96 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostJak Darren, on 29 April 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

So, even though many of us have been saying it for years, maybe this time you'll hear it:

Battlevalue. Use Battlevalue.

I don't see how you can buckle on so many other things, but are afraid to touch the matchmaking system already designed for this.

How do you use BV with the fully customizable system, need standard layouts and then it's going to be a LOT of angry people.

View PostMarneusB, on 29 April 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

"Other constructive ideas would be appreciated though! " -Nikolai

I used to give them, many others did too. More often than not, instead of listening, y'all decided to do whatever the hell you wanted in the end. This 3/3/3/3 idea is perfect proof. It doesn't fall into canon for the TT universe (which y'all claim to follow), and only sounds "fair" to someone who probably has never even played this damn game, much less the TT one. Who came up with such a system? Probably someone who wanted to make the game more appealing to people who didn't know much about the Battletech world, probably someone whose only interest is the bottom line, probably the same someone who is making all the horrid ideas to shove as much monetized content down our throats in the vain attempt to disguise that your programming team isn't able to meet deadlines to provide the content they've promised, and are being forced to make changes (or horrifyingly, willingly making these changes for The Greater Good) that is harming the game but attempting to make the game more viable for clueless players.

There's your constructive ideas. If you provide better gameplay, maybe people will buy some of that monetized content you've spent so much time on already? If you stop going down the greedy road, and start focusing on making a good game, maybe people would be happier.

The only way to follow TT in this game is to remove the FPS element and make it all turn based with tiles. Then you have mechwarrior tactics....which you can play right now and sounds like you want to play but aren't for some odd reason.

Edited by shad0w4life, 29 April 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#97 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

TBH, you should have at least looked into why people were having long wait times in the queue, even for the sake of squashing a potential issue... now realized as an actual fact.

Not looking into it is a consequence of what we have right now/today.

Right now, you've effectively put me off from playing MWO today... because I've been playing way too much Conquest @ Caustic today... for reasons beyond my control.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#98 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 29 April 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

We appreciate the suggestions regarding 24/7 test servers. However, this issue would not necessarily have been discovered any sooner by such. Even by extending our test server hours in this Public Test as we had done this time, while we did see a larger number of overall testers, we did not see a rise in the peak total over a sustained period of time that could really compare to the peak volume we see in the live environment. It's that peak value of players joining and trying to launch at once which helped trigger and identify this issue.

The roadblocks to increasing that tester peak are more numerous but certainly worth investigating. One of the foremost we won't be able to get rid of is the necessity for a second download and installation, which instantly puts out a number of testers we would love to have on board but cannot at this moment due to bandwidth or hard disk space restrictions. Other constructive ideas would be appreciated though!

The "peaks" of players also exist on the testserver in STO. They also have a Patchday (other day then the regular server) on the testserver and many player want to see the new stuff.
You could try a 7 day Puplic Test next time in mwo just to see if you get more stable data.
Like i said, there are many player who want to help you testing things out but cant join in time.

ps.: STO have a serverselection in the Laucher ( but also 2 installation folders like mwo). Would be nice for MWO too if we dont need an extra Laucher.

Edited by Degalus, 29 April 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#99 Cryptogear

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 29 April 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

How do you use BV with the fully customizable system, need standard layouts and then it's going to be a LOT of angry people.

The only way to follow TT in this game is to remove the FPS element and make it all turn based with tiles. Then you have mechwarrior tactics....which you can play right now and sounds like you want to play but aren't for some odd reason.

So you have spent how much time with BT? EVERYTHING has a BV, not just stock mechs. Infact, a quick google search will bring up numerous BV calculators so you don't have to do any of that very hard head math.

#100 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

Devs, you guys are great for keeping us in the loop. I for one really appreciate the communications. I hope you are successful in fixing the issues soon.

And since you asked for suggestions, how about changing matchmaking to a two queue system so I can play with all of my friends? One solo drop queue and one 2-12 group queue. Please.

I will keep asking until you acquiesce to my (and others) request, come up with something else that lets me drop with all of my friends on the public server, or try it out and prove to me that it won't work. I actually have faith that you will eventually see the correctness, logic and reason in trying the two queue system, and I'll keep asking as politely as I can until then.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users