289 replies to this topic

#261 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 01 May 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Don't make me say everyone's favourite word! (Hint: It's Soon™)
Nothing to report yet specifically on 3/3/3/3 as the fix is still being hammered out, but we did manage to deliver to QA a possible-fix to the issue of 12-members versus 12-wolves.

That works.

From this side of the screen it can be easy to lose track of PGIs investment in fixing things like this. I get that you guys want it to work even more than I do; logically I get that. Getting reminded, regularly, doesn't hurt at all though.

Thank you for the update, due props. We'll.... uh, we'll just be here then, shall we?

#262 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostWayreth, on 01 May 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Never called anyone a liar please don't put words in my mouth.

My apologies. Your implication was that he was making excuses for behaviors that were described by the Public Testers.

Edited by Pyrrho, 01 May 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#263 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 01 May 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

This is speculation, the reason we disabled 3/3/3/3 on Public Test temporarily was actually to confirm that we could actually disable 3/3/3/3 if we needed to for any reason.

The MM never hung during the public test, the issue only presented itself for larger queue sizes.

Thank you very much for that clarification. If we had that kind of feedback on other issues, I would bet 90% of the arguments in the forums would never take place...

View PostPyrrho, on 01 May 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

The complaint threads are real, but the underlying issue was not what all the threads claimed it to be. From what I remember, they disabled the "failed to find a match" time-out because of low test server populations.

in any event, calling someone who is trying to get information out to us and who has access to more concrete sever data than we do a liar doesn't help anything. His information (true or not) is still a better starting point for speculation than the anecdotal rantings and imaginings of a bunch of forum users.

I agree. If clarification had been made on those complaint threads (I assume there wasn't), then people like myself would not be stating that was the issue in the public test.

I also agree about shooting the messenger: please don't do that, as most of us really, really appreciate the improved communication from PGI.

#264 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

Yes, It is really nice to actually have feedback.

#265 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

View PostRoland, on 01 May 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Not sure how the current "launch module" really supports community warfare. The private matches support league play, but that's kind of something which the community has created because we never got community warfare.

Pretty much this.

Even worse, the current launch module cannot even work with community warfare as it's been outlined back during the launch event. But then again, this has been thrown out of the window together with role warfare and information warfare.

3/3/3/3 is detrimental to community warfare, diversity and group play. Hell, it's even boring... you totally know what opposition to face. It's just another tool to be more e-sport friendly. This is really becoming Call of BattleHalo Online: Solaris Deathmatch.

#266 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

For everyone whining about no 3/3/3/3, 2 things

1 I have never been a fan of 3/3/3/3, matches will become even more stale

2 teamwork>tonnage Lrn2play as a team, many times have I seen a lance of fatlases or have been on a drastically lighter team with 1 assault maybe 3-5 heavies and the rest mediums and have come out on top because we played as a team and didn't do stupid shit by yourself

#267 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostJames Griffin, on 02 May 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

For everyone whining about no 3/3/3/3, 2 things

1 I have never been a fan of 3/3/3/3, matches will become even more stale

2 teamwork>tonnage Lrn2play as a team, many times have I seen a lance of fatlases or have been on a drastically lighter team with 1 assault maybe 3-5 heavies and the rest mediums and have come out on top because we played as a team and didn't do stupid shit by yourself

On the 3/3/3/3 Matches I was able to get into on the Public Test Shard, it was MUCH easier to work together as a team against the other team when one side isn't horribly mismatched with the other.

#268 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

Likely mentioned before but why not have a preference Que? Each player chooses one mech from each weight with one as their main and the rest in descending order of preference. New player and have no mechs? Easy, you are supplied with trials (viable ones) that fill the gaps.

But the choice should also be there to do single weight class only matches, maybe on weekends. Battle royale of the lights...could be fun.

If 3/3/3/3 slows the MM then rewards should be buffed in proportion to wait time, fewer matches per hour, etc.

#269 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 02 May 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Likely mentioned before but why not have a preference Que? Each player chooses one mech from each weight with one as their main and the rest in descending order of preference. New player and have no mechs? Easy, you are supplied with trials (viable ones) that fill the gaps.

This is actually an interesting idea.

It would potentially make it more computationally intensive due to comparing multiple chassis against what is needed in various games, but it could also give people a way by which they could voluntarily reduce the time required to find games if they were willing to be more flexible in their mech choices.

For instance, you could say, "I'm willing to play ANY of these 10 mechs I own.. find me a game where any of them fits."

#270 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Damn, the game is so laggy right now and finding matches has become a struggle. Every game I do finally connect there are always between 3 to sometimes 6 or more disconnects.

What happened? This can't be just because of a little buggy patch.

Did somebody hack mwo?

#271 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

I can no longer find a match....10 tries in different mechs, no luck. It all seems very pointless

#272 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 02 May 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

I can no longer find a match....10 tries in different mechs, no luck. It all seems very pointless

Yeah, finding matches is almost impossible for me right now. At first I thought it might be connected to the reimplimentation of 3333 and that I have better chances to connect in a medium mech. But 3333 wasn't reintroduced. And it doesn't matter which mech I choose.

There must be some major problem somewhere. Something that cannot be fixed just like that.

I will stop trying for now and check the forums tomorrow or monday as there prolly won't be much fixing on the weekends.

Right now I cant really play at all. Takes about 6 - 10 mins to find a match. And im am the most impatient person in the world. I cant wait that long dwl. Even before any of these major problems I was annoyed to have to wait 30 seconds for a match.

Now it's just too long for me. I read some other stuff or watch something while connecting. But when I then check if I connected it said failed to connect so I cant really bridge the waiting time. You constantly have to check and then waste your time anyway.

Hope they fix it next week or something.

#273 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

Yes, pretty much the game is dead. Just not worth bothering with at the moment. Hopefully they quickly fix whatever they've mucked up this time.

Good time for an MC sale!

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 02 May 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#274 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

maybe it's a sign they've folded up tents and are about to give some other developer a chance to unfrack this cluster.

#275 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 02 May 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hmmmm maybe teams ARE needed in the PUG Que. ;)

#276 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 May 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Hmmmm maybe teams ARE needed in the PUG Que. ;)

Pre-made groups are already in the PUG queue.
A likely scenario is they are all taking 3 assaults, so any PUG player attempting to play an assault is SOL.

Or maybe the anticipated PUG population surge didn't happen due to the botched Launch Module implementation. I know I didn't even bother patching this week. The only thing they successfully implemented was private matches.

#277 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 02 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Pre-made groups are already in the PUG queue.
A likely scenario is they are all taking 3 assaults, so any PUG player attempting to play an assault is SOL.

Or maybe the anticipated PUG population surge didn't happen due to the botched Launch Module implementation. I know I didn't even bother patching this week. The only thing they successfully implemented was private matches.

I drop in Assaults primarily, and heavies secondary, and have had zero problem with queue times since the patch, even though I do skirmish only (not "all"). I haven't played yet today, so maybe they ninja-toggled 3/3/3/3 on us and it is still messed up, but we will see in a few hours...

#278 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

No problems here, there were a few disconnects the first few tries resulting in a 9v10 match, a 11v12 match, then there was a try hard lance w/ 3 smalls + all ECM (got under my carriage, he should have been squashed by my FatLas just sitting on him but I guess I'll just have to wait for collision to come back before that cheat is gone [Soon ™]) and then had one 3+ minute wait for a match, but seems stable now for me. As more people get logged in, the better (closer / fairer) the matches seem to get. For me. YMMV. (Solo Assaults / Public / Any...and still nary a sign of the 12-headed Boogeymen.)

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 02 May 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#279 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 02 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

any PUG player attempting to play an assault is SOL.

Wrong. Living proof here, no problemo for this solo assault. YMMV.

#280 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

I hope it stays off.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users