Stock Mech Era Wednesdays

196 replies to this topic

#41 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

Good fun guys! Glad we where able to make it and look forward to the next one! ;)

#42 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 15 May 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Edit: In addition, the match we played of All Locusts vs. Not Locusts was absof**kinglutely hilarious, and fun. It felt like we were playing Gears of War on Horde mode, waiting for the Wretches to come to us...hehehe.

Speaking of which...

#43 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 15 May 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Speaking of which...

Boom goes the dynamite ;)

#44 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 15 May 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Boom goes the dynamite ;)

I don't know how your team kept your nerve in the face of such adversity.

#45 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 15 May 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

I don't know how your team kept your nerve in the face of such adversity.

It needs to happen again...but with 12 locusts against MAYBE a single last of 4...on Terra Therma or the HPG Manifold. Jus' sayin'. ;)

Hell, paint all the Locusts Purple...and have them facing all stock humanoid light mechs...commandoes painted blue and firestarters painted red...what...we can't have a Starcraft match? Let's make this fun, eh?

Edited by Ghost Badger, 15 May 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#46 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

My topic got closed about having a actual Stock battletech mode not just events. What will it take too get the message too them. WE WOULD LIKE STOCK MODE as a feature of the game. But this will do until they stop shutting it down threads keep asking us too voice of minds we do then gets them shut down.

#47 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 15 May 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

My topic got closed about having a actual Stock battletech mode not just events. What will it take too get the message too them.  WE WOULD LIKE STOCK MODE as a feature of the game. But this will do until they stop shutting it down threads keep asking us too voice of minds we do then gets them shut down.

There are other ways to make your voice heard. First, show up to these stock matches. We had 75 pilots and 3 dropships on Monday night. Numbers speak loudly. Second, offer your support in threads like these. Third, take pictures or video in-game to help raise awareness. People respond when there's something to respond to. Personally, I've also dropped a tweet on Russ offering my support for a Stock Mech mode; I'm not advising you to do that per se; he doesn't need to be bombarded. But a voice here and there could be helpful.

#48 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

how many people came out for wednesday?

View PostKh0rn, on 15 May 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

My topic got closed about having a actual Stock battletech mode not just events. What will it take too get the message too them. WE WOULD LIKE STOCK MODE as a feature of the game. But this will do until they stop shutting it down threads keep asking us too voice of minds we do then gets them shut down.

not all threads are closed - check out the link in my sig, vote, and bump.

like already mentioned, if we build a stock community it'll encourage them to consider it more. they need to figure out how to make $$ from it though.

Edited by TheForce, 15 May 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#49 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostTheForce, on 15 May 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

how many people came out for wednesday?

At it's peak we had a full 12 v 12 going...I think we started off in 6v6 matches. Wednesday a number of units have other events going on...but it was steady gaming for a good 2.5 hours.

#50 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

The 14th was the first run. Most groups are busy on Wed, but if there is a consensus to host on a different day than I can do so since I am merely admining the second event (which is slightly different and assumes you have at least a couple 'Mechs covering 3 "eras" in BattleTech).

There is also a little confusion between SMM and other events hosted on the same site (MechForce Classic) since the Stock community is a new gathering.

The 21st will be the Clan Invasion Era, which has a plethora of Tech 1/Tech 2 stocks to use, which is the day after "patch day" (I'm crossing my fingers another canon Mechs will be added, so there will be even more stock options).

Edited by General Taskeen, 15 May 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#51 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

ok looks like some of us are going to be able to do this !

#52 SH0GUN

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

The most consistent fun that I've had playing the game in a long time.

Thanks to all who came out last night and I look forward to many more sessions full of stock mech awesomeness in the future.

#53 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

I spread the word every game I drop hell I even drop in my AS7-D with stock weapons just for it. But as much as I want too join the monday and Wednesday games they are out of my time zone unless a new time can be set for European players. because when you guys are in match its like 4-5 am where I am but I really want too do this A lot.

#54 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 16 May 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

I spread the word every game I drop hell I even drop in my AS7-D with stock weapons just for it. But as much as I want too join the monday and Wednesday games they are out of my time zone unless a new time can be set for European players. because when you guys are in match its like 4-5 am where I am but I really want too do this A lot.

There is an EU time now on Monday's. If enough players have interest in the variation of rules for Wed. then I can set an EU time as well, but I would need someone to admin it.

#55 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Sign me up for the EU set is there a website or any type or registry system we have too do ?

#56 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 16 May 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Sign me up for the EU set is there a website or any type or registry system we have too do ?

http://mechforceclassic.enjin.com/home

Sign up there, they are putting together the EU/AU schedule under the Mechforce Classic Section -> Scheduling subsection.

#57 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

Sweet I have signed up thanks btw do you use the same TS address as the US one ?

#58 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 16 May 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Sweet I have signed up thanks btw do you use the same TS address as the US one ?

Me? I'm in the US so I play at those times. Best to ask on the mechforce forums about which TS and such.

#59 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Same as the US SMM, strana mechty.

#60 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Sweet thanks Ill be hoping onto the TS come Monday. bringing my pride and joy stock AS7-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users