Stock Mech Era Wednesdays

196 replies to this topic

#61 UltraMek

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

This was so much fun. CJF Gyrfalcon Galaxy is very interested in keeping this going, stock matches are part of our roots. If you show up, have at least one stock mech already made/bought!

#62 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Reminder:

Wednesday 21st will be using Clan Invasion Era Stock 'Mechs

- Most if not all 'Stock Mechs in MWO are available for use (want to use Awesome AWS-9M, now's your chance!)
- DHS Stocks will be represented in a limited fashion for now in order to represent a good mixture of both tech 1/tech 2 (teams should try to limit to at least 4 DHS Stocks, no duplicates)

I also added 2 new, extra stock variants for use in this era:

SDR-8M: 2 Medium Pulse Lasers, 10 DHS, 106 Armor

Sarna.net quote: The -8M is a simple upgrade of the 7M, by the FWLM, replacing the single heat sinks with double strength versions. Otherwise, both variants are completely identical.

BLR-2C: 4 Medium Lasers, 1 ER PPC, 1 SRM6, AMS, CC, BAP, 17 SHS, 464 Armor

Sarna.net quote: Another designated command vehicle from the Star League era that sported a second cockpit (presumably a Command Console) and a Beagle Active Probe wired into the Nirasaki Inciteful Vision targeting system. Instead of the Machine Guns it carried a SureFire Defender Anti-Missile System in the left arm, retaining the rearward firing lasers. Like with the BLR-1C, House Kurita received at least one BLR-2C from ComStar in full working condition and used it to good effect in the War of 3039.

#63 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

Quick question...

If I wanted to 'stock' my Protector and rock the Kerensky look for Star League...can I keep the Endo instead of Ferro, as long as I make the armor values match what they should be, Stock? That's permissible, right?

#64 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 20 May 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Quick question...

If I wanted to 'stock' my Protector and rock the Kerensky look for Star League...can I keep the Endo instead of Ferro, as long as I make the armor values match what they should be, Stock? That's permissible, right?

I believe it is so long as there is only one around and of course only on those nights where it is star league era mechs.

Can't wait to rock out the ON1-M tomorrow.

#65 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostBarantor, on 20 May 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

I believe it is so long as there is only one around and of course only on those nights where it is star league era mechs.

Yeah, I misread at first...Clan Invasion tomorrow...my olive drab beauty will have to wait. That said...Danielle wants to take a stroll out of the garage :P

#66 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostBarantor, on 20 May 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

The Orion sounds fun! I don't have any myself, but I when I've faced them on stock days, I usually end up panicking since they are pretty imposing in stock gameplay and that AC/10 hurts!

There are also 3 other stock builds with the M if you want to try them, you probably saw them already I imagine:

* ON1-M-DC Orion [75] (can use artillery/modules with this build if you have the CC)
* ON1-MA Orion [75]
** ON2-M Orion [75]

Edited by General Taskeen, 20 May 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#67 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 20 May 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

The Orion sounds fun! I don't have any myself, but I when I've faced them on stock days, I usually end up panicking since they are pretty imposing in stock gameplay and that AC/10 hurts!

There are also 3 other stock builds with the M if you want to try them, you probably saw them already I imagine:

* ON1-M-DC Orion [75] (can use artillery/modules with this build if you have the CC)
* ON1-MA Orion [75]
** ON2-M Orion [75]

Thought about it, but I want to try out the narc and the regular model first.

#68 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostBarantor, on 20 May 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Thought about it, but I want to try out the narc and the regular model first.

XL on an Orion scares me. I can't count how many times I've sacrificed my left torso and kept hammering away with my ballistic right.

ON2-M however . . . oh yeah, come to papa!

#69 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostInRev, on 20 May 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

XL on an Orion scares me. I can't count how many times I've sacrificed my left torso and kept hammering away with my ballistic right.

ON2-M however . . . oh yeah, come to papa!

We'll see, I just want to try it out anyway lol.

Now I also have a bunch of 3050 mediums.... we'll see if a UAC/5 on the cicada does what I think it will in stock.

#70 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Should be interesting to see how it performs.

For the most part, XL's on Heavies and Assault stock's are generally builds that were meant to stay at range. The ON1-M, for instance, has long range firepower (in tt terms) with its LB-X, LRM20, and NARC, with some close range weaponry for close encounters. Similar in a way to the long-range XL builds of the Atlas-K and Stalker-5S, speaking of which I haven't seen those used yet on stock days.

#71 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 20 May 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Should be interesting to see how it performs.

For the most part, XL's on Heavies and Assault stock's are generally builds that were meant to stay at range. The ON1-M, for instance, has long range firepower (in tt terms) with its LB-X, LRM20, and NARC, with some close range weaponry for close encounters.

God I wish the LB-X had slugs, like the Mech gods intended for it! As it is in MWO, wading into the sub-200m range in order to make the thing usable is basically suicide with an XL Orion. Plus, that left torso is a bomb hahaha.

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 20 May 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Similar in a way to the long-range XL builds of the Atlas-K and Stalker-5S, speaking of which I haven't seen those used yet on stock days.

XL Atlas with a gauss-bomb is suicide, the way hitboxes are, and a Stalker with an XL is even more suicidal, especially when it has an almost exclusively close-range loadout (LPLs, MLs, SRMs with the only ranged weapons being two LRM-10s with a piddling 2 tons of ammo).

TRO-3050 really gave us some astonishingly bad mechs: XLs everywhere on mechs that REALLY shouldn't have them! ;)

#72 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

It still would be cool to see people get kills with those ones though just to see what's possible :)

#73 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Looking forward to joining as many of these as possible.

#74 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostInRev, on 20 May 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

God I wish the LB-X had slugs, like the Mech gods intended for it! As it is in MWO, wading into the sub-200m range in order to make the thing usable is basically suicide with an XL Orion. Plus, that left torso is a bomb hahaha.

XL Atlas with a gauss-bomb is suicide, the way hitboxes are, and a Stalker with an XL is even more suicidal, especially when it has an almost exclusively close-range loadout (LPLs, MLs, SRMs with the only ranged weapons being two LRM-10s with a piddling 2 tons of ammo).

TRO-3050 really gave us some astonishingly bad mechs: XLs everywhere on mechs that REALLY shouldn't have them! :D

When I was thinking about a stock league myself I was going to allow the lbx to be switched out for an ac/10 if you had two tons of ammo with the lbx. Basically you could shoot slugs but to make up the weight you had to have one ton less ammo. Not the ideal solution, but it gave it some diversity.

#75 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

This is going to be fun, already a lot of folks here. If you aren't here and want stock action, hurry up lol.

#76 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Join up for some Wednesday stock action:

MEET UP
Teamspeak:
PW: StranaMechty

#77 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Notice:

Due to patch problems this week and MWO being down most of the night, the 21st with Clan Invasion Era Stock 'Mechs will be repeated again on 28th.

#78 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 21 May 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Notice:

Due to patch problems this week and MWO being down most of the night, the 21st with Clan Invasion Era Stock 'Mechs will be repeated again on 28th.

Normally I'd be sad to hear this, but since I couldn't see a damned thing all night due to the dilating fluid from an eye appointment, I'm kind of okay with that :) See you next Wednesday!

Edited by Ghost Badger, 22 May 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#79 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 21 May 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Notice:

Yeah, that was a bummer last night. We lost a good solid hour to the patch, and the various missile bugs screwed stuff up in their own right before the hotfix was deployed.

Glad we get to have a repeat considering how borked the game was!

#80 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

It had its good moments. I had fun playing matador with an LRM20.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users