Kit Fox Screenshots Revealed

184 replies to this topic

#141 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

View Post1453 R, on 16 May 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

KYAAAAAAH IT'S SO KYOOOOOT!!!

I just wanna hug it and squeeze it and pet it and call it Jenny, Eater of Souls...!

Would it be your Princess of PPCs and Pain?

#142 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 17 May 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

LBX20 - 12t 8 critical clots - fits perfectly (RA has 8 free slots)

Say what? TRO-3050 revised says both arms have 6 free slots. Factor in possible actuator removal with really big guns, that makes it 7. Clan LB 20-X occupies 9 slots. Clan Ultra AC/20 occupies 8 slots, so no deal either.

#143 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

I like the orange yellow color they are choosing for the clan mechs if you buy them that is. Not a bad looking mech then again the artist are the only ones in pgi that seem to be earning their pay though.

#144 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 17 May 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Say what? TRO-3050 revised says both arms have 6 free slots. Factor in possible actuator removal with really big guns, that makes it 7. Clan LB 20-X occupies 9 slots. Clan Ultra AC/20 occupies 8 slots, so no deal either.

Yeah, I forgot some numbers, you are right about slot size for LBX20, it's 9 non 8. As for free critical slots - it's really interesting how PGI will implement ClanTech and realize OmniPods mechanics. While TRO3050 regulates free space for Clan 'Mechs (6 free slots in RA of Kit Fox, for example, with 2 slots occupied by ES and FF), MWO has by default 8-10 free slots (± couple of actuators). So, it really depends on capricious fairy Paul Inouye - will I be able to squeeze LBX20 into Kit Fox or not.

#145 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostVariadic, on 17 May 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

I dunno. It definitely would be on the 'mechs that only have one degree of freedom in their arms. The right arm on this thing looks like it can move laterally, which would allow you to aim the ballistic + SRMs at targets off of your bearing.

Part of me thinks that would be pretty cool, especially with such a wide open, unobstructed view from the cockpit.

Remember, when you throw a PPC or AC in the arm, you lose both the hand and the lower arm actuator. This means it will either behave like a BJ/Jaeger and be vertical only, or the Victor style, where you get a very limited arc.

#146 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

*Sigh*

WOULD YOU STOP BEING LAZY WITH WEAPON SCALING AND MODELS?

The left arm of the Kit Fox Prime houses an ER Large Laser (4 tons) and a Small Pulse Laser (1 ton), yet both use the same exact model, without any distinction in size and focal lense?

And I fear to see if I slap a pair of PPCs on that arm...will they be itty bitty pellet gun sized pea shooters like on my Firestarters?

seriously, if you can't figure out balance, matchmaking and community warfare, can you at least do justice to Alex's artwork and make my "Stompy Robot TDM" LOOK PRETTY?!?!?!?

#147 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

Actually, I have to agree with you bishop. Is it that hard to scale stuff? If it is anything like sandbox for mwll, it should be easy.

#148 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Woah! It's disgustingly beautiful. I love it! B)

#149 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 17 May 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yeah, I forgot some numbers, you are right about slot size for LBX20, it's 9 non 8. As for free critical slots - it's really interesting how PGI will implement ClanTech and realize OmniPods mechanics. While TRO3050 regulates free space for Clan 'Mechs (6 free slots in RA of Kit Fox, for example, with 2 slots occupied by ES and FF), MWO has by default 8-10 free slots (± couple of actuators). So, it really depends on capricious fairy Paul Inouye - will I be able to squeeze LBX20 into Kit Fox or not.

If push comes to shove, and you cannot fit the UAC20 in there, then at least we all know the tiny UAC10 WILL fit.

#150 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

If the analysis of the tree picture is correct, and I posed with the right one, the Kit Fox is about the same size as the Spider...good news.

The bad news might be its width. Shadowhawk VS Awesome sort of thing, short and wide, or tall and thin.

Trying to get the game to start on high detail...but I've gotten paired memory allocations errors, at the same time. That makes me PC sad...

Anyhow, from the medium detail setting, I'm going to guesstimate the Kit Fox is a tad wider than the spider, potentially double by the size of the trees. But that might vary from one graphical setting to another. My PC can't handle anything higher than Med.

But it can still carry an Ultra 20 or a Gauss without difficulty...I'm going to say it won't be the worst mech in the game, seeing as it can mount over a dozen tons of weapons.

#151 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 17 May 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

If the analysis of the tree picture is correct, and I posed with the right one, the Kit Fox is about the same size as the Spider...good news.

The bad news might be its width. Shadowhawk VS Awesome sort of thing, short and wide, or tall and thin.

Trying to get the game to start on high detail...but I've gotten paired memory allocations errors, at the same time. That makes me PC sad...

Anyhow, from the medium detail setting, I'm going to guesstimate the Kit Fox is a tad wider than the spider, potentially double by the size of the trees. But that might vary from one graphical setting to another. My PC can't handle anything higher than Med.

But it can still carry an Ultra 20 or a Gauss without difficulty...I'm going to say it won't be the worst mech in the game, seeing as it can mount over a dozen tons of weapons.

Both of those options leave only 4 tons for ammo and backup weapons, so they wouldn't be the best choice. This is especially because you pretty much have to increase your armor past stock levels. Remember, the Kit Fox comes stock with 18 points of CT armor...which basically the same as a Locust, but you don't have nearly as much speed as one. This will eat up another 1-1.5 tons of your pod space (depending on how rounding works out for Clan FF).

I'd go with a CERPPC as the main gun on nearly every variant/loadout for the Fox and Adder, which is far more tonnage-economical (6 tons for a gun that might do 15 damage). At long range, where you should be spending most of your time, the heat won't be much of an issue. Or I guess you could do 2 ERLL and fill the remaining space with SSRMs.

#152 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 May 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Both of those options leave only 4 tons for ammo and backup weapons, so they wouldn't be the best choice. This is especially because you pretty much have to increase your armor past stock levels. Remember, the Kit Fox comes stock with 18 points of CT armor...which basically the same as a Locust, but you don't have nearly as much speed as one. This will eat up another 1-1.5 tons of your pod space (depending on how rounding works out for Clan FF).

I'd go with a CERPPC as the main gun on nearly every variant/loadout for the Fox and Adder, which is far more tonnage-economical (6 tons for a gun that might do 15 damage). At long range, where you should be spending most of your time, the heat won't be much of an issue. Or I guess you could do 2 ERLL and fill the remaining space with SSRMs.

...but I want my BOOM fox...

Then again, I suppose it will actually be a Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom fox...possibly another 5.

But that's true. ERSL and a UAC10 will be doable, or a pair of UAC2s. Heat might be an issue with the PPC, but it will be a solid enough choice.

#153 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 17 May 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

...but I want my BOOM fox...

Then again, I suppose it will actually be a Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom fox...possibly another 5.

But that's true. ERSL and a UAC10 will be doable, or a pair of UAC2s. Heat might be an issue with the PPC, but it will be a solid enough choice.

UAC/10 would also have a hard time with ammo (10 ton gun, probably want at least 3-4 tons of ammo), as would UAC/2 (5x2 tons for guns, who knows how much ammo). The most ballistics I'd personally go with on any Clan light would be a single UAC/2 (if it turns out to be an effective weapon, that is) or maybe a few MGs for teh lulz. Gotta min-max that small tonnage pool available, bro!

#154 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 May 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

UAC/10 would also have a hard time with ammo (10 ton gun, probably want at least 3-4 tons of ammo), as would UAC/2 (5x2 tons for guns, who knows how much ammo). The most ballistics I'd personally go with on any Clan light would be a single UAC/2 (if it turns out to be an effective weapon, that is) or maybe a few MGs for teh lulz. Gotta min-max that small tonnage pool available, bro!

Nova U : 8 glorious machine guns. All ST mounted, combined with the power of the 12 Prime arm E hps...

I can dream we get that one day. The day the Dakka can truly sound off. Along with the Piranha of course.

Well, I think the LB10x with slugs will be very manageable with 3 tons of ammo/45 shots. UAC would be pushing it, but 1.5 tons of extra armor and 3 ERSLs, hardpoint permitting. SSW permits it fine, with 2 MGs and a ton of ammo to replace the extra armor.

I would prefer to have fun with this mech. But you might have a point with long range weapons...you don't want to get too close with it. Streaks would be a good investment as well, on top of being lowish heat. BAP is only 1 ton.

#155 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 17 May 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Nova U : 8 glorious machine guns. All ST mounted, combined with the power of the 12 Prime arm E hps...

I can dream we get that one day. The day the Dakka can truly sound off. Along with the Piranha of course.

Well, I think the LB10x with slugs will be very manageable with 3 tons of ammo/45 shots. UAC would be pushing it, but 1.5 tons of extra armor and 3 ERSLs, hardpoint permitting. SSW permits it fine, with 2 MGs and a ton of ammo to replace the extra armor.

I would prefer to have fun with this mech. But you might have a point with long range weapons...you don't want to get too close with it. Streaks would be a good investment as well, on top of being lowish heat. BAP is only 1 ton.

Who says lazors and 6-ton Gauss Rifles (unless it gets nerfbatted hard) aren't fun? B)

That being said, one loadout I'm looking at for the Fox Prime is 1 UAC/2, 2 ERML, and 1 SSRM6. How it will work out will depend on armor rounding (i.e. will I need to spend 1 ton of pod space to get optimal armor or 1.5 tons?).

SSW says the max armor is 5.5 tons for Clan FF on a 30 tonner, but when I do the math with my calculator that would give you 211.2 armor points...which is more than a 30 ton mech can carry (210 point limit). SSW and TT round armor up sometimes (i.e. you get less armor points than you technically pay for at times). Going down to 5 tons of Clan FF should give you exactly 192 armor points with no rounding needed...which means you'd have to strip from several body parts (don't want to take too much off the arms, and can't take any off the legs). Dealing with the armor might be hard.

Maths used:
Clan FF gives 20% more points per ton than STD armor. STD armor is currently 32 points per ton. 32 * 1.2 = 38.4 points per ton. Divide the 30 ton chassis armor limit by this number gives us 210 / 38.4 = 5.47 tons...which means we have a tiny amount of unused tonnage.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I think I found something that will make me eat my words. I'm looking at IS FF on the Raven right now and it appears that 232 points of FF would have unused tonnage...but in-game it has all of its tonnage used. Maybe it will end up being 5.5 for the Fox after all.

Edited by FupDup, 17 May 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#156 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

Either way, after solving the armor issue, you still end up with about 14.5 tons of pod space on the Kit Fox. That is just enough for a UAC20, 2 tons of ammo, and a pair of ERSLas which, if you remember, are basically medium lasers. One trick pony though. Something utilizing the lighter Clan tech would be wiser. Anything above a Class 5 autocannon is going to be sucking up an excess of tonnage. UAC5, 2 tons of ammo, 2 ERMLas, SSRM6, and 1 ton of ammo is doable.

#157 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 May 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Either way, after solving the armor issue, you still end up with about 14.5 tons of pod space on the Kit Fox. That is just enough for a UAC20, 2 tons of ammo, and a pair of ERSLas which, if you remember, are basically medium lasers. One trick pony though. Something utilizing the lighter Clan tech would be wiser. Anything above a Class 5 autocannon is going to be sucking up an excess of tonnage. UAC5, 2 tons of ammo, 2 ERMLas, SSRM6, and 1 ton of ammo is doable.

My Urban Fox. :angry:

Her secrets are out. :unsure:

#158 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Honestly, this is the schmexiest Clan mech yet, in my opinion.

I've always liked the Kit Fox.

I'm looking forward to Dropping 2 ERLLasers, 3 MGUNs, and a pair of SSRM4s, in her.

That's quite a wallop for most I.S. mediums to shake off.

#159 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

It is sooooo cute! I want one!

#160 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

Cant wait to try out the LBX5.
But I just notice the SSRM4 is firing from 2 tube on the hero/prime variant.

Edited by xengk, 19 May 2014 - 03:33 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users