478 replies to this topic

#161 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

The prodigal son bacon lord has returned!

I thought you were silenced or something. You missed great hilarity.

#162 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

I wouldn't say I "missed it" :wub:
After seeing what a joke Launch Module was/is and with all the eggs in that and the Clan basket, I'd rather spend hours looking at my sexy 300i in it's hangar.

Is this where I say "I told you so" about the Esport thing?

#163 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

The good news is, that whatever he answers will be "Their position at the time"

So y'all have that going for you.

Road. I am not going to be attending this. So will you ask this for me: RUSS is your company broke or going broke? If not then Why The F have you not hired somebody that can put this together along with 10 more people capable of making deadlines.

#164 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 22 May 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Road. I am not going to be attending this. So will you ask this for me: RUSS is your company broke or going broke? If not then Why The F have you not hired somebody that can put this together along with 10 more people capable of making deadlines.

LOL, I don't reddit. someone else will have to carry that torch for you. but unless it's someone from NGNG asking, I don't think it's going to be asked.

#165 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 22 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

r/mwo has half the active members (at most) and long since ceased to be a place for serious or constructive discussion.

And this differs from HPG how? Any constructive discussion there gets downvoted by the white knights if it isn't kissing the holy ring of PGI. They are two extremes, but essentially the same.

#166 Xolin

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

My question:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/HAG_20
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/HAG_30
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/HAG_40

....when

#167 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

the timing for us europeans is really bad so if someone can please ask this for me.

i have just one question and yeah you guessed it its about balance.

No one expects you guys to balance the weapons 100% in a game like this but for many months its been obvious that your one major issue regarding balance is pinpoint damage. (even more obvious now if you bother to watch some of the tournament replays you will see its an 80% victor/cft-3d ac/ppc fest).

So my question is this why do you so stubbornly refuse to do something about it. And are you planning to do something about it before the Clans come out? something more than just tweak some projectile speeds?

Edited by VagGR, 22 May 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#168 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

I just hope there will be good concrete questions/answers about the 'hot button topics: Clans, Matchmaking, and Community Warfare' and less fluff/insider programmer talk. Please leave the minutiae of using Agile and things like that to Karl "The Man" Berg who seems more than happy to explain the processes of coding.

Hopefully there are not too many questions that dwell on 'past grievances', as the answers will not satisfy anyone.

#169 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

LOL, I don't reddit. someone else will have to carry that torch for you. but unless it's someone from NGNG asking, I don't think it's going to be asked.

Oh lets not throw the NGNG guys under the bus. They are nice guys. It's not their fault that PGI thinks they are the only ones that Play/Pay/Have Valid Opinions/Know all things MechWarrior, Battletech. One thing I don't understand though is why they do the VLog interviews. Why isn't it internal?

#170 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 May 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I just hope there will be good concrete questions/answers about the 'hot button topics: Clans, Matchmaking, and Community Warfare' and less fluff/insider programmer talk. Please leave the minutiae of using Agile and things like that to Karl "The Man" Berg who seems more than happy to explain the processes of coding.

Hopefully there are not too many questions that dwell on 'past grievances', as the answers will not satisfy anyone.

F Clans, F Comm Warfare, F MAtchmaking. The questions need to be about MAPS, GAME MODES, KNOCKDOWN, DESTRUCTABLE TERRAIN and adding RECOIL to the Mechs. We already know Clan mechs will be out next month. Comm Warfare will be in September and pointless without "New Maps, and New Game Modes" and Matchmaking should not even be considered beyond tonnage limits in Comm Warfare which makes it a Mute point in that area, because if a newb squad goes after a planet against elites that's there own prerogative not matchmakers. So ask about Maps and Game Modes which will lead into the other crap.

#171 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostxZaOx, on 22 May 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

And this differs from HPG how? Any constructive discussion there gets downvoted by the white knights if it isn't kissing the holy ring of PGI. They are two extremes, but essentially the same.

If you truly believe that you don't read Outreach.

#172 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Are you actually going to answer any of the hard questions on this thread or just cherry pick the ones that you prefer?

#173 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 22 May 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

F Clans, F Comm Warfare, F MAtchmaking. The questions need to be about MAPS, GAME MODES, KNOCKDOWN, DESTRUCTABLE TERRAIN and adding RECOIL to the Mechs. We already know Clan mechs will be out next month. Comm Warfare will be in September and pointless without "New Maps, and New Game Modes" and Matchmaking should not even be considered beyond tonnage limits in Comm Warfare which makes it a Mute point in that area, because if a newb squad goes after a planet against elites that's there own prerogative not matchmakers. So ask about Maps and Game Modes which will lead into the other crap.

We know there are 2 maps being worked on.
We know the next game mode is Attack/Defend with a base.
We know recoil has never been mentioned by any Dev as an option.

Which leaves knock downs and destructible terrain. Both of which are good questions. I would like to hear about them too, but their state of development is most likely far behind the 3 topics the Devs explicitly said they wanted to talk about.

P.s. If we can't level River City like Godzilla than destructible terrain will just be another immersion thing like cockpit glass.

#174 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Well I think this is a great thing so I will throw a couple of questions.

1: Will be see a possible Mech Quirk system that will encourage the role of that mech and how it was created.

2: Will there be a distinct role warfare for when CW arrives.

3: Will we see maybe side specific quirks for the houses or clans offering different traits and equipment too distinguish one for the other.

4: Will more emersion enter the game. I.E Knock downs , more difficult poptarting , head bob, better weapon convergence and so on.

5: Will be see the implement of newer variants for the existing mechs. e.g. AS7-S , AWE-9Q , CN9-AH

and lastly will we see the possible adding of a classic battletech mode ( Stock) and see recoil from weapons.

Edited by Kh0rn, 22 May 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#175 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Question:

Will PGI ever create servers for Australiasia, Europe and Asia?

Hit registration seems increasingly reliant on ping. Players outside of North America are quite disadvantaged by this.

#176 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 May 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Well, we "knew" that the next game mode would be Drop Ship Mode 2 years ago... and we "knew" that they were already working on it...

#177 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostXolin, on 22 May 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Well it's been 3050 for two years. The 20 was developed in 3068, so I'd bet on never.

#178 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

1) Will PPC's get changed to spread damage?
2) Will the Victor chassis possibly get it's torso twist speed returned or at least brought closer in line with a 80 ton chassis?
3)Thank you Russ! :wub:

#179 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 May 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

We know there are 2 maps being worked on.
We know recoil has never been mentioned by any Dev as an option.

Which leaves knock downs and destructible terrain. Both of which are good questions. I would like to hear about them too, but their state of development is most likely far behind the 3 topics the Devs explicitly said they wanted to talk about.

P.s. If we can't level River City like Godzilla than destructible terrain will just be another immersion thing like cockpit glass.
No we think 2 maps are getting made. We think Attack and defend is being worked on. We also think Dropship mode is too. I should go pull my old PC gamer magazine from 2012 to verify that one. HAHAHA.

Edited by PropagandaWar, 22 May 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#180 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

No offense to those who will be moderating this thing, but it will be an absolute, unmitigated disaster. Guaranteed.

ATD died because the majority of the questions turned into "Who's your target demographic, Russ?" So what's the over/under on the number of questions that include the words "cash-grab," "lies," or "island"?

Considering the questions posed in this thread alone, only one acknowledged the accuracy of the 2013 roadmap post related to release dates, while at least 3 have accused PGI of never meeting a proposed deadline at all. I suspect there will be a surplus of bs coming from both sides during this whole thing.

The real important facts we need to know/ communicate to Russ are the following:

1) the bugs in the last patch were unacceptable. This wasn't some stupid "I don't like that somebody can use this feature as a parascope" whine... People literally could not play the game. I was genuinely afraid that the problem would not be corrected before the majority of the player base gave up on the game. We need details on how you are going to prevent this from happening again. Furthermore, we need some assurance that this game is even going to be here a year from now. Releasing broken patches doesn't seem like the earmark of a healthy software company. What's going to assure us that you won't shut the servers down in a few months? That's pretty much the only thing standing in the way of me buying a clan package. Not crybaby crap about minor balance tweaks or new maps; I don't care about that. I need to know that if I pay you money, I'll get to use the content for a long time.

2) tell me about everything I'm paying for in the clan packages. These pictures of the mechs are lovely, but with this whole new class of mech, don't you think I might be interested in knowing which variants will be available to swap components with?

3) Dates. The Dec 2013 roadmap gave us solid release dates through June. At this point, you can give us a similar roadmap through at least October. Surely, the president of the company has a better idea of the release dates for Association and Planetary Conquest now, 6 months later. And if you can't, it's very troubling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users