478 replies to this topic

#181 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Questions:

1. What is the new updated roadmap for Community Warfare with scheduled release dates. Why is this a secret?
2. What is the upcoming Inner Sphere mech release dates? Why is this a secret?
3. What are the new game modes and scheduled release dates (notice I said "modes" since one new mode will not be sufficient for player retention beyond a month or two)? Why is this a secret?
4. What are you doing to help improve player retention? Have you thought of instituting some kind of loyalty program for long time players and players who play a certain number of hours a week/month/year (possibly a cbill bump payment per month, small MC reward per month, or small amount of premium time per month)?

The key is to update the community on what is coming and when. Be honest if you hit a roadblock since we have a large community with many people who work, or have worked, in development. If you are having a brain drain then fresh ideas would be useful to you. I know I keep mentioning it but look to Star Citizen as a model. They let you know what is going on on a weekly basis with video updates as well as text updates. They let you know what roadblocks they hit and what they are doing to resolve it. Open and honest communication will win points from the community but the founders have been telling you that from day one. Tell us why deadlines are being missed and give updated deadlines. Right now it appears you guys are spinning your wheels and the game is going no where due to the lack of communication and updates. Niko has been doing a great job of trying to keep everyone informed with recent issues but the future vision and future schedule is a clouded mystery which needs to be answered.

Edited by IceCase88, 22 May 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#182 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostEgomane, on 22 May 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

I'm so sorry, but I have to... You forced my hand in this!

Oh well... doesn't really matter to me.

#183 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

I wouldn't say I "missed it" :wub:
After seeing what a joke Launch Module was/is and with all the eggs in that and the Clan basket, I'd rather spend hours looking at my sexy 300i in it's hangar.

Is this where I say "I told you so" about the Esport thing?

I have been looking to buy the 300p for it's better jump drive and tractor beam out of the box. I have until the 29th to make my decision.

#184 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 22 May 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

I have been looking to buy the 300p for it's better jump drive and tractor beam out of the box. I have until the 29th to make my decision.

Hopefully, you will be able to actually fly it on the 29th.

#185 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Another waste of time. No answers just smoke screen and mirror show. Been jerked around from beta. We will never get true answers or see anything but mech sales and thier worthless lies. Sorry but it is the honest truth, Seen and heard way too much BS from them.

Edited by ZealotTheFallen, 22 May 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#186 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostEglar, on 22 May 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Oh wait, did you just invalidate all our lights? And state that "unsuprisingly" Ballistic weapons are generally heavier than energy weapons? That heavier mechs mount heavy weapons and lighter mechs mount lighter weapons? When Jun Said

Point still stands for the PPC though - counting the ER and basics together, that was almost 100 tons worth of just that weapon.

#187 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Just the facts Maam, just give me the facts.

Posted Image

#188 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

So they or he wants to look good for all the new people coming to game, make them feel warm and fuzzy, till they realized nothing will get answered honestly. It will be smoke screens and mirrors with a big dog and pony show that will leave everyone in the same place we are now. NOWHERE just same maps same grind same sales period.

Edited by ZealotTheFallen, 22 May 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#189 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Point still stands for the PPC though - counting the ER and basics together, that was almost 100 tons worth of just that weapon.

oh, I'm not saying the weapons are all perfectly balanced. I was making a point about Jun's wording of his question.

#190 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 21 May 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

i dont get it..you are doing an official Q&A session with "President of Piranha games" on an unofficial site? i dont get it? whats the point of official forums then? you are using official forums for monitoring all the rage or what??

i mean seriously? why dont you just do Q&A sessions here like you people used to do it? unless offcourse you are worried to face all the negativity here...

please do it here instead. you people have stopped doing videos, Q&A sessions, no more upcoming features area (sorry but that website about the roadmap gives nothing only percentage done)

No offense, we're a totally ****** audience. At least in reddit you get real time snark instead of trotting out the old standards.

#191 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Ok, I have one.

Russ, since every attempt at a match maker has been an abject failure (from Elo to Class restriction), how can you still stand behind that large group support would be detrimental to the enjoyment of the game?

#192 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

On the day Clans are released, Tell us what options will be available for game modes, and if there will be separate queues for IS vs. IS, Clan vs. Clan, and IS. vs. Clan Team Death Matches?

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 22 May 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#193 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 22 May 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

On June 17th, Tell us what options will be available for game modes, and if there will be separate queues for IS vs. IS, Clan vs. Clan, and IS. vs. Clan Team Death Matches?

LOL
wait...
ROFL
You think it's going to be any different than it is now, except with a flush of new avatars on the field.

#194 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

Question: About module slots.

In the past, near the Founders era, module slots were looked at on a per variant basis.

Ex. Jenner F starts with 1 module slot, Jenner D starts with 2, and Jenner K starts with 3 I believe.

Other mechs, such as the Catapult and Atlas, have differing number of module slots per variant.

However, for the last year and a half or so, and thusly my question, why do ALL mechs always start with 2 module slots? Is PGI complacent/lazy with determining number of slots? Or has PGI simply abandoned this early practice of diversification between variants? Should there not be a pass made through all mechs to offer some variety in the number of module slots, instead of the default 2 slots?

I strongly believe that by reducing/increasing the number of slots on various variants might encourage certain under-used mech variants to become more viable.

Ergo, the thinking man/woman's game. Do I want to just carry artillery and airstrikes on this meta variant, or have more module slots on this less optimal variant providing me more information warfare options, which can include arty and air strikes.

Edited by Caine2112, 22 May 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#195 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 21 May 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

PGI communication +1

I'd prefer follow through. :wub:

It's very easy to communicate plans to the community, it's something else to deliver those things. Frankly, I don't even pay attention to delivery dates we're told anymore, or descriptions of how something will work. Until it's in the game, it will always be "soon".

Don't do any cartwheels if they give a solid date on CW today........when it's in the game I'll pop the top on the Glenlivet 40 year old single malt.

#196 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

LOL
wait...
ROFL
You think it's going to be any different than it is now, except with a flush of new avatars on the field.

Who the hell knows what they are planning, it's not like they're being very transparent and everything I've seen up to now has been conjecture. Yes I want to hear Randy Pitchf... I mean, Russ, answer the question of how "exactly" on June 17th our "Team Deathmatch" game will function.

#197 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostThumper3, on 22 May 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

It's very easy to communicate plans to the community, it's something else to deliver those things. Frankly, I don't even pay attention to delivery dates we're told anymore, or descriptions of how something will work. Until it's in the game, it will always be "soon".

In all fairness, they have met almost all of their 2014 delivery dates...

Now, saying that what they delivered worked, or was beyond basic functionality would be a stretch, but hey.... Here's UI 2.0 right on time, DX11, Yup, Launch Module a little late but...

I'm not saying that any of those things actually work (as intended or otherwise) but we DID get them right on time :wub: :D

#198 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 22 May 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

On the day Clans are released, Tell us what options will be available for game modes, and if there will be separate queues for IS vs. IS, Clan vs. Clan, and IS. vs. Clan Team Death Matches?

They have already said that those options will be included with CW, which will not be out until (very optimistically) the end of the year.

#199 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 22 May 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

They have already said that those options will be included with CW, which will not be out until (very optimistically) the end of the year.

So the devs said that our only option on June 17th with our Assault, Skirmish, and Conquest drops will be 12 Inner Sphere vs 12 Clan, then? Or will the Clan Mechs just be thrown in with Inner Sphere mechs for a 12 on 12 mix? That's what I'm trying to find the source to.

Edited by 00ohDstruct, 22 May 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#200 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 22 May 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

So the devs said that our only option on June 17th with our Assault, Skirmish, and Conquest drops will be 12 Inner Sphere vs 12 Clan, then? That's what I'm trying to find the source to.

No, what they are saying, and why I was laughing is that there will be NO distinction on June 17th, it will be business as usual regardless of if you're in an IS or Clan mech. Meaning that you will have your Clan mechs derping along right next to your IS mechs.

Poorly planned release is poorly planned.

Edited by Roadbeer, 22 May 2014 - 01:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users