Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostKyynele, on 22 May 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

While that is of course true by the quantity, that's also obviously because Medium Lasers take so little space and tonnage. Here's where you put the tonnage, which paints quite a different picture:

77 tons of PPCs
64 tons of AC5s + ammo
45 tons of Gauss + ammo
22 tons of Medium Lasers
14 tons of ERPPCs
4 tons of MGs + ammo

Unsurprisingly, 88% of the weapon mass you brought (not including ammo) was pinpoint frontloaded damage dealing ones. Now, this is obviously biased in the other extreme, but I thought it was still worth mentioning.

Oh wait, did you just invalidate all our lights? And state that "unsuprisingly" Ballistic weapons are generally heavier than energy weapons? That heavier mechs mount heavy weapons and lighter mechs mount lighter weapons? When Jun Said

View PostJun Watarase, on 21 May 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Given that the recent tournament has showed that high level competitive play consists soley of PPC/ballistic boating (mostly with JJs) and hiding in a corner of the map waiting for the other team to get bored and attack first...

I see what you did there, heavier robot pilot. :)

View PostBarantor, on 22 May 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

Jun's question is valid, there is enough discussion about it on the forums to warrant it being included.

So how does that question objectively reflect the truth about what happened at the tournament, if not rather being a biased point of view.

oh. and p.s. posting your questions here probably won't be answered. (read first post)

Edited by Eglar, 22 May 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#102 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

When will we be getting a lobby system?

The match maker is in a poor state, the game balance is okay, but I'd much prefer to find games with custom rules to play.

Will we ever get a stock mech only option in the private match rules set?

Frankmechs are honestly boring at this point, and lead to many of the balance problems we currently see. Stock Mech Mondays has made me a believer that the most fun to be had in fights with with stock, or very close to stock variants... Tech Tier 1, Tech Tier 2, and Tech Tier 3 matches could all be variation on the theme.

When will we be seeing significant functionality to the mechlab GUI?

Specifically, the ability to edit the whole mech view via drag and drop and the addition of critical information like engine size and modules on the thumbnails of mechs?

What is the current timeline for the addition of CW, specifically, actual territory control?

#103 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

Question:

Will PGI please set up European, Australiasian and Asian servers?

Hit registration deteriorates quite significantly for players with pings of more than 150. Players outside North America are significantly disadvantaged by their distance to servers.

Edited by Appogee, 22 May 2014 - 04:40 AM.

#104 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

Since I probably won't make it here is my questions

1. Russ with what happen with the most recent Missle bug, what changes are you/pgi making in your process to keep this from happening again, this was pretty much a game breaking bug. I happen to work with a development team on customer facing project, and if something like this happen we would happen someone (or more) would be written up or fired, and a incident document would have to be created explaining how it happen and whats being done to not happen again for our customers. (And this is not the first time this has happen with pgi).

2. A lot of people felt mislead/betrayed to have Brian on the stage talk about community warfare being out shortly (90 days) after launch, but then to see in your 2013 summary command char post to hear have you say "This extended license deal gives PGI many of the assurances we were looking for to justify continuing to spend large amounts of development funds on the game, we know we now have the runway to make the investment logical." Which give the impresstion that CW was never going to happen unless you were sure you would continue to have the licenses. How would you change the communication in that regard to assure you customers that the most latest promise of CW is not just a carrot dangled in front of them to keep them interested in MWO.

#105 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:57 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 22 May 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

I am a little high, little low...

Anyway the wind blows...

#106 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

Some of us will still be working. Will this be recorded for review later?

#107 Rvannith

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Why don't you stay on the "official" subreddit that has more subs? OutreachHPG is known for harboring quite a few white knights, compared to the main subreddit MWO which contains far more people and a far broader player base...

View PostTKSax, on 22 May 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

Since I probably won't make it here is my questions

2. A lot of people felt mislead/betrayed to have Brian on the stage talk about community warfare being out shortly (90 days) after launch, but then to see in your 2013 summary command char post to hear have you say "This extended license deal gives PGI many of the assurances we were looking for to justify continuing to spend large amounts of development funds on the game, we know we now have the runway to make the investment logical." Which give the impresstion that CW was never going to happen unless you were sure you would continue to have the licenses. How would you change the communication in that regard to assure you customers that the most latest promise of CW is not just a carrot dangled in front of them to keep them interested in MWO.

This, so much this. I actually only grabbed phoenix after this was said, then they had the gall to even say I couldn't get a refund after 90 days had passed and the promises fell through. ): Not to mention CW was due in 2012 in the first place...

Edited by Rvannith, 22 May 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#108 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 May 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

your hurt. Did someone one wound you?. Russ said that because someone was complaining about something real specific that no one else had a problem with, save a small portion of players. Yes, i do say a very small portion of players.

Unfortunately i lost track of that post and the conversation but i can relate it to the whining Sandpit and friends where doing about 3/3/3/3. After whining on Twitter; he came to the forums where he knew he would get backing, to find justification in his reasoning. Some of the poorest reasoning i ever had the displeasure of reading.

Someone give me a link if they still have track of it.

You really are a bit lost..
Posted Image

#109 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

1) I have a few questions I would like answered. What do you call someone who says one thing and does another? What would you call someone who does that repeatedly over and over? How would you respond to that person when he asked you for money? How would you feel about someone like that at an emotional level?

2) How much did you pay for the Mechwarrior license from Microsoft? Just wondering if we can get a Kickstarter campaign to get rid of this mess and get some people who want to put out content instead of sales and mechs.

Edited by Zolaz, 22 May 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#110 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:09 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 22 May 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

You know, every time Russ has opened his mouth to address community concerns in the past it has never ended well.

Ditto.
Bet $100 that Russ will not answer any of the important questions clearly and to the point:
  • list of Clan OmniMechs configurations
  • details on ClanTech realization (damage/heat/weight/slots values, DHS realization, Targeting Computer realization and so on)
  • How IS vs Clans battles will be organized (if they will be organized at all, 12vs10 or something else)
  • CW release schedule with roadmap (since we have only old 2012 lies by Russ about CW, it would nice to hear new lies, lol, I mean how CW view has changed for last two years, what should we expect from PGI's point of view)
  • new maps and modes release schedule
  • does PGI have back-up plan for MM-algorithm in case if Paul realize 3333 is not working
  • when that incompetent placeholder Paul Inouye will be fired already ("dear God, please make Paul leave MWO alone" - my MWO prayer for almost 2 years)
If Russ will be capable to cover properly at least all the questions about Clans - I will spend those $100 on MC or a la carte, whatever, it just won't happen.

Edited by Featherwood, 22 May 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#111 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostEglar, on 22 May 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Oh wait, did you just invalidate all our lights? And state that "unsuprisingly" Ballistic weapons are generally heavier than energy weapons? That heavier mechs mount heavy weapons and lighter mechs mount lighter weapons? When Jun Said

I see what you did there, heavier robot pilot. :)

I fail to see where I invalidated lights. You said you had more MLs than any other weapons. I pointed out that while quantity-wise that is true, tonnagewise the case is something completely different. I thought that because there clearly are multiple ways how to measure "more", it should be up for debate?

If that came out in any way hostile, it surely wasn't intended so. >_>

#112 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 22 May 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

Some of us will still be working. Will this be recorded for review later?

Someone will certainly collect all of the answers and they'll be torn apart looking for detail over the next few days, then referred back to constantly for months until all features discussed are implemented.

That's how these things always work.

#113 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 22 May 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

Someone will certainly collect all of the answers and they'll be torn apart looking for detail over the next few days, then referred back to constantly for months until all features discussed are implemented PGI changes its mind and announces it will do something totally different.

Fixed that for you.

Let's be blunt. History shows we can't believe a single forward commitment from these guys. They don't have a firm plan, and in some instances, they've even been deceptive about their intentions.

So, anything said in any Command Chair, Vlog, or Reddit AMA only represents their current thinking, and is subject to complete change at any point in the future.

Edited by Appogee, 22 May 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#114 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

My main concern, and that of many longtime players of the MechWarrior series is:

Shouldn't the Mechs be made tougher, maybe through internal structure and weapon hitpoints, or even more armor points, rather than all the Inner Sphere weapon nerfs?

If this had been done instead of Ghost Heat, DHS 1.4, and the Gauss Rifle de-sync, the damage output of Inner Sphere mechs would be optimal (perhaps only needing a mech destroying hard heat cap). This would make them close to Clan tech levels of damage and Clan tech and omnimechs would only need minor balance tweeks instead of what we are seeing and hearing.

#115 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Questions:

- Will there be new maps either with "the Clans" update or with Community Warfare ?

- Do we get new factions with "the Clans" update(e.g. Ghostbear, Jadefalcon, Can Wolf) ?

- Do we get a new Skill System with either Clans or Community warfare ?

- When will be the Unit System that is annouced be life ? (http://mwomercs.com/...re-association/)

#116 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostAppogee, on 22 May 2014 - 04:38 AM, said:

Question:

Will PGI please set up European, Australiasian and Asian servers?

Hit registration deteriorates quite significantly for players with pings of more than 150. Players outside North America are significantly disadvantaged by their distance to servers.

THIS would be nice. But i doubt it will happen.

#117 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 21 May 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

PGI communication +1

More like a white house press briefing where the audience has been seeded with the questions the president wants to answer and then proceeds to call on in sequence. it gives the air of participation but in reality your just getting an info dump. its only when the speaker goes off script do we get glimpses of the truth.

Remember this is been created by PGI to address "Hot topic issues" hopefully something like why havn't you started working on CW yet... or some other hot button issue that isn't present on this forum

#118 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, Today, 01:29 AM.[color=#00FFFF] [/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Autocorrect, my old nemesis, we meet again[/color]

Challenge it to a duel! Pistols at dawn! (or insert some complex clan trial of something here)

On topic: Will there be someplace we can read it if we can't catch it at 7pm EDT?

Edited by Regulus1990, 22 May 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#119 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 22 May 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

My main concern, and that of many longtime players of the MechWarrior series is:

Shouldn't the Mechs be made tougher, maybe through internal structure and weapon hitpoints, or even more armor points, rather than all the Inner Sphere weapon nerfs?

If this had been done instead of Ghost Heat, DHS 1.4, and the Gauss Rifle de-sync, the damage output of Inner Sphere mechs would be optimal (perhaps only needing a mech destroying hard heat cap). This would make them close to Clan tech levels of damage and Clan tech and omnimechs would only need minor balance tweeks instead of what we are seeing and hearing.

Yes they should be tougher but the source material has short life expectancy that works for TT.
A real world anology is M1A1 tank can one shot a t-80 tank. survivability is all about surprise/ range and who shoots first.

#120 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Autocannons... it's been mentioned in one of the No Guts No Galaxy podcasts that clan autocannons will be firing in bursts of multiple shells instead of a single damaging shell. I love this idea as it will add a new flavor to MWO. I can't help but think all autocannons should behave this way. Will IS autocanons be reworked to function like this as well?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users