#461 Iverance

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Final Thoughts:
I recently communicated this information in the next VLog that we just finished recording however I wanted to get this information out faster to the community.
Status of the Matchmaker: I have both good and bad news. The release of the 3/3/3/3 feature has been as frustrating for us as it has been for you. Many have speculated that the feature simply has been proven unviable and we should be looking for alternative ways to match our players. Here is where I can state the good news that it actuaully seems that we have proven the feature to be very viable and fun. In explanation: now that we have the Queue window we actually were able to prove that players are willing to adjust there behaviour and play more Light and Medium mechs so long as they know that the two sides are even which was always a critical component of the 3/3/3/3 feature. We actually saw the Queue's for the 4 weight classes even out very effectively. On top of that when matches were kicking off the matches were noticable by everyone involved to be very fun and and much more consistently competitive. Now the bad side unfortunately what we found was that the feature is unviable in the currently way the matchmaker has been written. Therefore it is going to be necessary to do a rewrite of the matchmaker code. Now I should mention that it was always going to be necessary to rewrite the matchmaker code to support the faction based matching necessary for CW which was basically upon us anyhow, but we had hoped in the meantime 3/3/3/3 would be active. So this has changed our plans and we have had to bump the MM rewrite up to top priority. Karl Berg is now assigned to start and complete this rewrite and we will start out by completing just the existing design of 3/3/3/3 and get that active then complete it to support CW. So as to an ETA all I mentioned in the VLog is that I promise to give you an updated ETA in about 2 weeks time, but I am hopeful it will only be in the ~1month timeframe.
In summary: 3/3/3/3 seems very fun, competitive and viable. But it will need some rewrite of the MM to actually turn it on. I will get back to the community with an updated ETA in about two weeks time.
Thanks everyong for your patience, can't wait to get this feature live.
Russ

In this final Thoughts, Russ mention's that it was always nessecery to rewrite MM, but since "alpha/Closed Beta" everything PGI had created has been tossed out the door and rewritten or just plainly taken out of the game.

In regards to UI 1.0, MM, Collisions, Rearm & Repair, Maps and their Points. Denial of 3rd PV and then the quick implementation of said 3rd PV, An idea of what CW was before you launched but still we are I believe 19 months since Open Beta started and there is still no CW. And a million Weapon tweaks like the LRM online horror we witnessed early 2013.

My Question is, Why has this had to happen?
Why is/has it taken most likey 2 YEARS to get CW a core component of the game since open beta started?

I'm no game developer, but I find it extremely stupid to build anything and then plan to rewrite all of it.
It honestly smacks of PGI not knowing what they are doing, this has also been a contributing factor to player Burn out, and anger within the community.

I'd be curios to see your response to this.

also sorry guys i've followed this game as a founder since closed beta. and its still beta. regardless of your Idealistic dreamworld of calling it a "full game"

Regards
Philip, an Australian Player.

#462 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostUlvar, on 24 May 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

@ rick: so what has changed?

Heh, apparently nothing worth 2 hours of anyone's time!

#463 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostIverance, on 24 May 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Regards
Philip, an Australian Player.

Because despite trying to hire people to fill the positions to work on those things - every time people bring up the fact that PGI is hiring to fill those positions the "fans" give a big "screw you, PGI!"

#464 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Because despite trying to hire people to fill the positions to work on those things - every time people bring up the fact that PGI is hiring to fill those positions the "fans" give a big "screw you, PGI!"

Let's pretend for a minute they filled every single position. What do you think would happen?

Would the game turn into the MechWarrior game that fans of the series have been wanting since MW4? No.

What it would do is continue on the suicidal path of monetization (10MC per drop of community warfare and/or requiring premium time for the vast majority of the functionality anyone?), hero mechs, premium cockpit items (Seriously who buys those? The only ones I have are nvidia dawn and the overlord items) and of course, "balance" the way THEY want it to be, not the way that would make a game that's actually balanced and fun, not the way Mechwarrior should be balanced.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Kassatsu, 24 May 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#465 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 24 May 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Let's pretend for a minute they filled every single position. What do you think would happen?

Got proof of any of that?

#466 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Got proof of any of that?

Proof of what, the fact they're hiring and have positions that need to be filled, or proof of the rest of my post you cut out?

If it's the latter, and I'm assuming it is... You mean the last four years of how this game has been going? The main difference is more things would be getting done at once, and we'd get new hero mechs twice as fast.

Edited by Kassatsu, 24 May 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#467 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 24 May 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Who cares about proof!

I am angry and lashing out!

How DARE you even TRY to use logic on me!

GOTCHA.

#468 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

GOTCHA.

Name one balance change that actually made the game better. Name a single monetization on anything in the game that hasn't been solely to make profit. Name a single time they've actually listened to feedback and incorporated it into an update in a meaningful way beyond "Hey guys this feedback fell in line with our plan so we're just throwing it out there to pretend we're listening".

Edited by Kassatsu, 24 May 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#469 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 24 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Sorry.

No.

That is not how it works.

I made a suggestion - you said that it was pointless.

I asked for proof of that.

....I am still waiting.

#470 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Oh is this the part where we edit each other's posts to suit our agenda? Okay, I can do that.

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

No.
That's now how it works.

I asked for proof because I'm too blind to see how this game has been going for years and I just want to keep ignoring logic and valid counterpoints.

Remember private matches? Oh look, you have to pay to use them in any meaningful way, and regardless, you get nothing from them, save for maybe, as PGI implied, "to play the game your way".

Remember the glitch that lets a mech jump on another and bug out while the one under it runs around giving a ride to an assault mech at 150kph? Still there. With limited resources, I'd think making sure my game isn't broken would be a priority at least equal to making money off of it.

Or did you want a twelve page essay with references to accredited sources? Sorry, you're not worth wasting my time on.

#471 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 24 May 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I have proof of several bugs, but am having way to much fun raging to even consider just how many bugs happen in the development of ANY game.

See? I can PROVE how smart I am through IGNORANCE!!!

Yep.

Totally proving that adding people who know what they are doing is not going to do anything to improve the development of the game.

Good job.

Nice try.

Ya won't be hearing from me again.

#472 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Argh, the logic! It hurts my brain! I give up!

Goodbye, little troll. You won't be missed. Good job ignoring the entire history of the game to try though.

EDIT: Forgot, we were changing our posts to fit our needs.

Edited by Kassatsu, 24 May 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#473 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

The cold hard fact is they make 4's, as much as you want them to put a miracle out of thin air and make a 10, it's probably going to be a 4, or worst case, a 3.

Accept that fact, and the anger will subside, and your expectations will be more in line with reality, and you may even be pleasantly surprised once in awhile.

Keep holding out for a miracle, and you're only going to hurt something that's going to require you to dip into your HSA.

#474 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Have you ever been to a pro baseball game?

It is far more fun to yell "Boooooooo" than anything else. Seriously, try it. The resonant frequency of it is intoxicating.

#475 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

I am not intending to advertise another game but here is an example of how to communicate with your community on developments, good or bad, in the game. They do it weekly and it is easy to find as it is on the opening page of their website:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

https://robertsspace...eport-May-19-23

Edited by IceCase88, 25 May 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#476 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 24 May 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Have you ever been to a pro baseball game?

It is far more fun to yell "Boooooooo" than anything else. Seriously, try it. The resonant frequency of it is intoxicating.

I prefer to yell "BOOOO-URNS!", it's even more fun!

#477 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Found a some tidbits on the reference to "map was designed that way" for the movement archetype...
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2552170

Apparently, someone pointed to NGNG about an interview with the map dev:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2500131

I wish I could find better results, but it was "thought about", especially when the original post about the movement archetype included all the maps (at the time) with incline visuals...

#478 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 24 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Name a single time they've actually listened to feedback and incorporated it into an update in a meaningful way beyond "Hey guys this feedback fell in line with our plan so we're just throwing it out there to pretend we're listening".

Removal of ECM from Jenner D.

Revamp of consumables.

GH was taken from the many threads where players wanted increased heat on alpha strikes.

Inclusion of the boat on Forest Colony after speaking with large unit reps (KONG I believe).

Current version of NARC was taken from the player suggestions in a thread.

Pretty sure there are more.

#479 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostPeter Valentine, on 23 May 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

I missed it that noone asked....When we'll have PHYSICS?!?!?!? I think a lot of ppl want falling mechs,and chance against light swarms.....

I gave up asking any questions that have nothing to do with sales...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users