Profile Stats

115 replies to this topic

#101 LTGear

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

I can't believe you just look at the KDR, what about how many battles he had won?this isn't about just kdr. it's really different when you play together in 12 man you use ts you got to follow orders and with that order you do your best. kdr is my second priority. my priority is making the greatest damage i can give to the grp. thirdly im up to winning battles alive to get more cbills so when i'm still alive at 35% am slightly backing off a bit still depends on the circumstance.
Dropping with a friends is a different thing you don't care of his performances for as long as you having good time playing together but a good data would really be much help isn't it?

#102 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostEscef, on 31 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

You don't have rights here. Or on any corporate sponsored message board. The sponsor can deny you a voice any time they wish, for any reason or lack thereof. BAM! You're banned. Why? The moderator saw something orange and it put him in a bad mood? Maybe? Who knows? Any one of us could be IP banned in under 3 minutes. And there is nothing illegal or immoral about it, hell, we all agreed to it. Scope the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service.

Not exactly sure what game rules, and Codes of conduct have anything to do with this topic.
why not bring politics in it, we are already beyond the topic.

to have heard the clock strike but not know where the clapper hangs

#103 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

You might have a point if you can show what stats actually means? I have poor stats in my jenner, but getting a team to split when chasing my squirrel ass doesn't show in stats.

Edited by NKAc Street, 31 May 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#104 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostNKAc Street, on 31 May 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

You might have a point if you can show what stats actually means? I have poor stats in my jenner, but getting a team to split when chasing my squirrel ass doesn't show in stats.

it not shows to you directly, but will have effect on their stats if they loss by their actions.
KDR is only good if you can get the kill without dieing, remember.

#105 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Not exactly sure what game rules, and Codes of conduct have anything to do with this topic.
why not bring politics in it, we are already beyond the topic.

I thought you already had, I mean, you seem to think you have a right to preach from the pulpit that someone else owns.

#106 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostEscef, on 31 May 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

I thought you already had, I mean, you seem to think you have a right to preach from the pulpit that someone else owns.

That's what a topic is all about, to "communicate".
you know like speaking sharing thoughts, etc

try it sometimes, it might even suit you.

#107 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

That's what a topic is all about, to "communicate".
you know like speaking sharing thoughts, etc

try it sometimes, it might even suit you.

In case you failed to notice, that's exactly what I was doing. But, hey, I disagreed with you, so I guess that means nothing I say is an actual thought, right?

#108 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostLTGear, on 31 May 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

how come we cannot peek on other players battle stats, it does help recruit faster. we must have the option to share or make it private should we not?

Knowing the MWO community - the amount of trolling would be over 9000

#109 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostE N E R G Y, on 31 May 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Knowing the MWO community - the amount of trolling would be over 9000

Indeed,

googling '9000' this was one of the top pics:
Spoiler

Edited by Praetor Knight, 31 May 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#110 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

it not shows to you directly, but will have effect on their stats if they loss by their actions.
KDR is only good if you can get the kill without dieing, remember.

I understand that, my point is, that , really, a players skill is only measured by observation.

I am possibly not good enough to measure up to the best players, but maybe I am. Can a clan actually know that by looking at the profile stats?

Is a pug like me, truly measured by my profile stat, or could I deserve a chance to play with a clan to see if I measure up?

How would I get that chance as a pug?

#111 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostEscef, on 31 May 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

In case you failed to notice, that's exactly what I was doing. But, hey, I disagreed with you, so I guess that means nothing I say is an actual thought, right?

in that case, i not see anything of note saying why a profile viewer is "undesirable" after all it's just Meta data right!.
easy to ignore if you play for fun.

#112 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostNKAc Street, on 31 May 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

I understand that, my point is, that , really, a players skill is only measured by observation.

I am possibly not good enough to measure up to the best players, but maybe I am. Can a clan actually know that by looking at the profile stats?

Is a pug like me, truly measured by my profile stat, or could I deserve a chance to play with a clan to see if I measure up?

How would I get that chance as a pug?

that have to do with the clan not with the stats of meta data.

i guess that depends on the clan.
if it's extreme hardcore clan, they likely only take the best of the best meaning only people with KDR of 3 or higher.
if it's moderated clan they like also look at secondary skills like accuracy, what type of mechs you drive mostly stuff like that.

don't blame the game for behavior of clans or groups outside MWO

#113 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

in that case, i not see anything of note saying why a profile viewer is "undesirable" after all it's just Meta data right!.
easy to ignore if you play for fun.

Maybe I don't want random jackwagons pestering me to join their social club? And I am leery of the effect public stats (even if only optional) would have on the community.

Edited by Escef, 31 May 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#114 NKAc Street

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

that have to do with the clan not with the stats of meta data.

i guess that depends on the clan.
if it's extreme hardcore clan, they likely only take the best of the best meaning only people with KDR of 3 or higher.
if it's moderated clan they like also look at secondary skills like accuracy, what type of mechs you drive mostly stuff like that.

don't blame the game for behavior of clans or groups outside MWO

I'm not blaming, I'm just asking questions on how a clan actually recruits? Since stats aren 't public, what do clans do to see if you measure up?

I wouldn't mind being in a clan, but so far I have not had good luck. If I typically, as a pug, get the short end of the stick with who I get matched up with, what determines how good I really am?

#115 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Optionally public stats:

Showing "bad" stats gets you trolled and flamed for being a noob that needs to L2P.

Showing "good" stats makes you god incarante. Anyone with even better stats than you is a premade farmer and is invalid. Anyone with lower stats is a noob that needs to L2P.

NOT showing stats means you're hiding your bad stats and you're a noob that needs to L2P.

See any problems here?

#116 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

View PostLukoi, on 31 May 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Something to consider in this discussion....epeening on the internet existed well before stats were available in pvp games (it was more rampant in Asherons call, both EQs, UO, DAOC and Shadowbane than its ever been here imo) and will continue to be a common symptom in any gaming environment on the web. Internet anonymity is what engenders bullying behavior, overinflated egos and being a genereal douche not stats.

Stats have a value to some and are an unhealthy fixation for others. Deleting them will not eliminate or even reduce the epeening behavior of people associated with the latter. People who are jerks will always find some way to lord over others the minor bs they feel defines them, as it is integral to their inflated self evaluation.

So why punish those who use the information for its value and judiciously? Deleting them saves you no heartburn whatsoever.

P.s. if the internet trolls are riling you up, complain to MWO so maybe someday they institute some ingame ignore features and in the meantime...you should toughen up a bit.

Can't really say in EQ per se. The top tier guilds were literally in a whole other world from the general playerbase from Velious onwards and Planes of Power literally put in a gated limitation (buggy as it was) that prevented the vast majority from even accessing the same zones for months Things didn't start to equalize until Gates of Discord when they relaxed flag requirements. Still didn't see too many in Uqua and beyond for what.. almost 2 years? It was the feeder guilds in the middle flaunting epeens over nothing on a weekly basis. The only thing the top guilds flaunted was world and server firsts and of course Best of the Best pvp tournaments since you were awarded a special title.

Can't comment on the others, though UO was a bit of a cesspit.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users