King Crab Versus Dire Wolf + Lots Of Tabletop.

203 replies to this topic

#61 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostGasoline, on 10 July 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

;)

So looking forward to this. Reminds me, that we urgently need a spectator mode. I would even take a day off just for spectating this.

I agree. If we happen to find another person with an impressive computer and the ability to record and run Lordred's settings, we'll try to get an airborne view too by sending that person up the mountain. A spider 12-V with a Command Console + Advanced Zoom with the hud turned off can get a great view.

#62 Spazmo

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

I onoy started playing TT in the last 6 months, so still learning the intricacies, but it is insanely fun. If anyone is interested, there is a persistent campaign online, with territory gain, the opportubity to completely obliterate units, and fight for the faction of your choice.

http://www.mekwars.org/

The campaign they have there is set in the 3025 time frame, but others exist as well. Message me if you want help setting it up, or are looking for a tutorial match.

Don't use a smart phone to proofread for spelling errors.

#63 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostSpazmo, on 14 July 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

I onoy started playing TT in the last 6 months, so still learning the intricacies, but it is insanely fun. If anyone is interested, there is a persistent campaign online, with territory gain, the opportubity to completely obliterate units, and fight for the faction of your choice.

http://www.mekwars.org/

The campaign they have there is set in the 3025 time frame, but others exist as well. Message me if you want help setting it up, or are looking for a tutorial match.

Don't use a smart phone to proofread for spelling errors.

So ..... CW?

#64 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

I was on Mekwars last night and it's pretty great. Everyone there is really nice and helpful, and I got two matches in.

#65 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

I got a way to record the megamek matches so youtube vids may come. Considering that they are not especially fast, I'll have to think of how to deliver them.

#66 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

Edit them in with commentary. Lots of cuts.

#67 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

A new one.

Forces:
Lordred - Custom made 4 LB-10X Atlas.
Koniving - Behemoth Heavy Tank (0/0 pilot) and 1 Commando with a 5/5 pilot.
PartTimeCanadian - 5 or 6 Enforcers with 8/8 pilots.

Spoiler

Kill list.
Spoiler

Commentary to come.
Tanks are epic.

#68 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Posted Image
The joy of the battletank. It's amazing what you can do in 10 seconds.

#69 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostKoniving, on 23 July 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Posted Image
The joy of the battletank. It's amazing what you can do in 10 seconds.

What do those green and red up/down arrows represent? Never seen them before when I played megamek years ago.

#70 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 24 July 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

What do those green and red up/down arrows represent? Never seen them before when I played megamek years ago.

Uh...
Red arrows represent enemy (source) attacks toward target (whoever the arrow leads to).
Green arrows represent my own attacks (from source) toward enemies.

Oh! You meant the ones on the ground.
Green ones only in one direction (the platforms raise or lower).
The red ones go up and down at random.
Though it might be the other way around. Much like in the first battle, when the King Crab got raised after "some walls moved," and was suddenly on a level 10 (60 meter) platform after 'walking' on the ground.

Edited by Koniving, 24 July 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#71 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 July 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

Uh...
Red arrows represent enemy (source) attacks toward target (whoever the arrow leads to).
Green arrows represent my own attacks (from source) toward enemies.

Oh! You meant the ones on the ground.
Green ones only in one direction (the platforms raise or lower).
The red ones go up and down at random.
Though it might be the other way around. Much like in the first battle, when the King Crab got raised after "some walls moved," and was suddenly on a level 10 (60 meter) platform after 'walking' on the ground.

Yeah the ones on the ground. I still don't get it... maybe you're playing on a dev snapshot?

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 25 July 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#72 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 25 July 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Yeah the ones on the ground. I still don't get it... maybe you're playing on a dev snapshot?

No. The "level" or "height" of those platforms will change every turn. One turn they could be level zero, the next they might be level 10, the next it might be level -15.
The battlefield is literally changing and morphing with every turn. It's a Solaris map though we're playing standard tabletop.

Hence: "Some walls move."

#73 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 25 July 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

No. The "level" or "height" of those platforms will change every turn. One turn they could be level zero, the next they might be level 10, the next it might be level -15.
The battlefield is literally changing and morphing with every turn. It's a Solaris map though we're playing standard tabletop.

Hence: "Some walls move."

Oh i guess that makes sense if its Solaris with some crazy terrain changing rules. I had no idea they did that! The walls move comment still confuses me though lol!

#74 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Galahad versus Shootist.

10 seconds in.
Spoiler

20 seconds in. Sighting occurs but nothing can be done. A building is in the way.
Spoiler

30 seconds in. Building is judged to be 3 meters or less tall. Kon decides to step on it.
Spoiler

Well that proved to be a dumb idea. The building is gone now.

40 seconds in. We're now face to face with some rubble of a building between us.
Spoiler

Despite queuing both Gauss Rifles to fire, one failed to fire (not sure if my error or done by the game).

Neither of us had much success.

50 seconds in. Here I tried to back off.
Spoiler

My Gauss Rifles weren't very effective, I had glancing blows. I was knocked down.

60 seconds in. I get up but...
Spoiler

It was all over...

Edited by Koniving, 13 August 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#75 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

From another chat where debating the effects of ECM and discovering that Stealth Armor isn't a jesus box either...

This one is written in pure story.

Raven 3-L + Archer 2R + Archer 5R. At this point in the story (where the debates about ECM shifted entirely into what happened that made it so much fun), the Raven 3-L was already killed.

Versus 2 future-tech (3060+ tech) Hunchback 4SPs with ECM, XL 350 engines, Endo Steel, and 12 ML each.

View PostKoniving, on 13 August 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

Oh, and the Archer 2R sucks so bad. Oh my god does that suck. It can't handle its own payload in selective fire. I fired 3 ML and ran, which generated 11 heat for 10 SHS. Immediately 1 SHS BLEW. It freaking blew up or melted, and I could only cool 9 heat after that. That poor thing struggled so damn hard. I wound up spending a lot of time trying to protect it from medium lasers constantly fired at 360 meters (which kept hitting and getting full damage despite being beyond max range, though chance to hit penalties kept going up for the ECM Hunchback 4SPs).

In the end, my Archer 5R was doing great, but after knocking out the pilot of one 4SP, but I switched to IR for the test and the prone, knocked out hunchback suddenly disappeared. I was remarking on that when the 350-engine-totting Hunchback without stealth armor ran up to me and disappeared during the movement as he put me in his ECM bubble with my IR turned on. The next turn I turned it back off only to see him 30 meters away where he said "Hi!" BAM, 12 medium lasers systematically fired, one at a time. Left leg. Left leg. Center torso. Center torso. Left torso. Right torso. Left arm. Left arm. Right torso. Head. Head. Right arm. Head. More shots, but the pilot was already dead. To make it worse, the knocked out 4SP had woken up and from the prone position he raised one arm and fired. Head. Head. Center Torso. Center Torso. Head. Center Torso. The 5R was already dead but they kept firing.

Finally it was down to my 2R.

At the same time I had fired an LRM-20 at the prone Hunchback. Got many hits. But not enough. The prone Hunchback got up. The LRM-20 had fried another heatsink, which was because I generated 12 heat with only 9 functional heatsinks with the firing of a single weapon and no movement (there was 5 unsunken heat before). I was down to 8 heatsinks and unable to do anything except back up at this point. Firing again would easily have blown another heatsink. The Hunchback practically teleported in front of me, using a move called a "Charge," which involved using his XL 350 engine to its fullest extent, he was going in excess of 120 kph with his future tech hunchback. For fun (and screwed as I was), I said screw it, "My pilot panics." Fired both forward-facing ML at him. Both were misses.

I was expecting the hit during the firing sequence. He didn't reach me just yet. The physical attacks thing came up, the other Hunchback had come up beside me from behind and appeared out of nowhere. Kick to the leg!

My Archer 2R is stumbling.
BODY SLAM! Right hip and upper leg actuators critted. Mech is crippled. BAM! Slam on the ground. 5 piloting rolls were required. Failed the first one, epically screwed. Pilot blacked out for 10 seconds. The 2 Hunchbacks huddled around me. "Kick him while he's down!" It woke my pilot up though he got hurt again. I got up and turned around, which was a struggle considering. I made it, but only to find out that both arms are crippled. I have NO front-facing weapons. Jab! Punch! Punch! Hook! Knocked down again. I was spun around, and I'm like "Hey..." I get up this time no turning around.

Rear firing CT Medium Lasers. Pew! Center Torso. PEW! Head. Fried the armor. Crit to sensors. Crit to life support.

Bash, bash! Bash, bash! They kept punching me. Knocked down again (due to the broken leg), I get back up and again fire the rear lasers. Left torso. Right torso. Punches ensue. Knocked down. Got up again. Tried again. Center torso shot. Punch, broken laser. Punch, punch, punch and knocked down. Lost consciousness again. They started kicking me.

One Hunchback's foot goes through the rear center torso. Crits the Gyro. Crits the engine. Catastrophic engine failure results in an explosion. The result kills the non-Stealth armor Hunchback. The other Hunchback was impossible to repair even for a God Mode Scotty technician; so an even better God Mode Scotty was made and cheating every feasible thing, it still wasn't possible to salvage the mech as it was, so it took over 5 months after magically teleporting it into a mech factory to completely disassemble it and rebuild it as a standard Hunchback 4SP. Even then it wasn't fully functional. Super God Mode Scotty + factory + teleporting all the supplies + rebuilding it into a regular mech (as some of the future tech didn't exist yet) with 5 months and rebuilt from the ground up with a new skeleton and everything and BAM... still couldn't get it to work. Freaking, epic.

Why can't MWO be this fun?

#76 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 July 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

I got a way to record the megamek matches so youtube vids may come. Considering that they are not especially fast, I'll have to think of how to deliver them.

I like the Ouchies Batreps on Youtube. They end up about 10-15 min. long and it is basically just a sped-up, time-lapse of the game with the occasional still shot or arrow thrown in. He does a decent job on the running comentary, which tends to make things feel less ponderous. You probably don't have to do the time lapse thing, although you could. A series of stills with some generic pan/zoom effects would probably be fine if the commentary is engaging.

#77 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 04 June 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Urbanmech and Tarantula

I forgot about this. Expect to see it this weekend.

#78 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

Compiling a special treat for you guys.

Phoenix pack versus Clan Alpha tier.

And

Tarantula versus Urban Mech.

#79 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image

Tarantula versus Urban Mech!
Coincidentally girl versus girl (the pilot names; didn't notice that until putting that picture up.)

666 versus 540.

*Queue dramatic music.*

Initiative Phase for Deployment
-------------------
Lordred rolls a 8[8+0].
Koniving rolls a 7[7+0].
Wind direction is South. Wind strength is Calm. The weather is Clear.

Visibility is Daylight.
Fog level is None.

Lordred: 540 BV remaining (from 540 initially) 0 BV fled
Koniving: 666 BV remaining (from 666 initially) 0 BV fled

-----
The stage is set.
Posted Image
The crowd cheers. Duncan Fisher introduces the pilots.

Begin.
Spoiler

As they fight, the ground shifts. Pillars begin to form, 30 meters in diameter.
The Spider skitters about for several more turns.
Spoiler

The Tarantula had trouble hitting its target. The Urban Mech's LB-10x though had no trouble scoring hits.
Still as the ground shook again, things began to move once more.

The Urban mech was raised into the sky.
In an attempt to break the Urban mech's line of sight, the Tarantula ran into the far wall, only to discover the Urban Mech has jumpjets! It jumps down.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Again, another series of walls have formed.

Juggling the ability to get behind each other wasn't going to keep working. Lordred lost his initiative roll, meaning I'd get to react to him.
Spoiler

The Tarantula takes a critical blow to the head.
Sensors damaged.
Life Support damaged. (Good thing we're not in space or a high heat/cold environment!)

The Urban mech tried to kick with stubby legs and failed! Fell over.

This match has hit the one minute marker!

Spoiler

The shotgun blast of the clustershot from the LB-10x hit several sections including the Tarantula's cockpit. The transplast windshield (a type of transparent metal alloy) warps, though part of it breaches. The pilot is injured!

In retaliation, the Tarantula kicks the downed Urban Mech towards the ledge.

Behind the Urban Mech, there's a 12 meter drop (almost the height of a Timber Wolf).
Spoiler

The Urbanmech tried to stand. It failed as the Tarantula kicks it down again and shoots, blowing off the smaller of the Urbanmech's arms. It is destroyed.

On its next attempt to stand it succeeds. The spider jumps to avoid fire.
Spoiler

Both parties missed.

New pillars have formed.

With a new pillar having formed in such an opportune spot, the Spider leaps to a new high point and fires down upon the Urbanmech.
Spoiler

A winner is decided! Fight lasted 90 seconds! The crowd roars and Duncan Fisher gives his ending commentary.
Spoiler

Tomorrow, an after action report of the battle damage and repairs.

Edited by Koniving, 20 September 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#80 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:53 PM

This window will be replaced with the After Action report on the Tarantula's repairs.
(Edit: I'm having trouble importing the Tarantula to repair it. This will be re-edited later.)
They didn't get saved. :(

In the morning, the Phoenix versus Clan match will be delivered.

I'll tell you right now, 100% pure stock... The start of the battle is epic. The tide keeps tilting back and forth. A mech stackpoles (engine has a cascading failure and blows). The battle is huge and long. The conclusion overall will surprise you.

Edited by Koniving, 12 March 2015 - 10:51 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users