#21 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

View Postp8ragon, on 06 June 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

It really sounds like they aren't selling as many packages as they expected to. Why else would they post this? Did phoenix have an equivalent post?

Why do companies that already earn millions or even billions pay spammers to flood your inbox?
Why does McDonalds even advertise anymore, everyon on teh planet knows who they are and what they sell?
Why does Microsoft advertise? TTheir OS comes preinstalled on 2/3 or more of all computers sold around the world.

I`ll tell you why, and it`s really simple: becasue, in business, you can never earn too much money. And advertising your product generally increases sales. Every 5 year old with a lemonade stand instinctively knows this, that`s why they write "Lemonade, 5c" on the front of their stand.

Never assume a complicated explanation when a stupidly simple one does just as well or better. :P

Edited by Zerberus, 06 June 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#22 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

i still wonder how a "signed" jpg picture is an incentive to buy a daishi-pack at minimum... *scratches hat*...since when do digital goods have any value other than their pure function?

i mean, if they´d send you a unique concept art, an actual HARD copy... one that you can keep in a frame and maybe sell it in 20 years when some nostalgic MW collector pays some good money for it, that i could understand...

but a damn jpg or what ever format?

Edited by Alex Warden, 06 June 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#23 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 06 June 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

i still wonder how a "signed" jpg picture is an incentive to buy a daishi-pack at minimum... *scratches hat*...since when do digital goods have any value other than their pure function?

Because they can't offer physical goods.

#24 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 06 June 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Yep.. but you "could" copy it to a USB drive and take it to a print shop if you want something for your wall... :P

Edited by Zerberus, 06 June 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#25 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

read my edit

#26 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yep.. but you "could" copy it to a USB drive and take it to a print shop if you want something for your wall... :P

I could also post it on my facebook for everyone to enjoy.

This is not a gift to the purchaser... its just saying "Hey, we'll give you the link, man."

There is 0 value to it. At least the other items have comparable MC/Cbill value. This is... a joke. "Every house now comes with a roof!"

I know I know, gift horse, mouth...

#27 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostButane9000, on 06 June 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

I feel this translates into:

"Hey everyone! We didn't make as much money as we thought! Though it's our fault for not breaking down in detail final systems and tying the Clans into Community Warfare we still want your money! So while you won't get some of the special items you'll get a good chunk of them! So come on down and give us your money for a third time while we wait months and years to give you what you are expecting!"

You must think every ad for every company translates into that then. Always have to put PGI into a negative light don't ya.

#28 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 06 June 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Just print it and wa la...it is now physical!

#29 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

You can quote me if you want, and say all sorts of negative things if you want:

PGI is, well. It's pgi, they have to eat too, we are the people feeding them to a point. Company goes tank? Taking food from mouths.

But, lets get past the whole emotional aspect, because it looks like almost everyone doesn't care on this forum: I'd gladly take a signed copy that's a .jpg, it doesn't matter if it's digital, it's the thought behind it that matters, i have absoltely nothing from having my callsign on the credits as a founder. Still? I'm glad they remembered us old farts.

#30 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 06 June 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

You must think every ad for every company translates into that then. Always have to put PGI into a negative light don't ya.

They would have to come OUT of the negative light to be put into it.

As for me im still on the fence, I do enjoy playing even if PGI is constantly messing things up and russ looks more and more like some 1980s villain with every vlog but I just dont have enough information about the mechs to make a comfortable purchase.

My list runs like this:

Dire Wolf - most bang for my ala carte buck

War Hawk - Second biggest bang, longest wait for cbill release, and also piloted it some in previous MW games

Nova - Old favorite, but released for cbills early and smallest in my options

Summoner - Big, fast, old favorite but limited hardpoint options may make it a joke with nerfed clan weapons in MWO

#31 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 06 June 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Summoner - Big, fast, old favorite but limited hardpoint options may make it a joke with nerfed clan weapons in MWO

Can I have your time machine?

#32 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostKoniving, on 06 June 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

They did. But without any of the 'benefits' of the pre-order. I would imagine we'll see the same here.

Which is what I was hoping for. I want to see more of the clan mechs in action because I wanted to buy the Storm Crow in addition to my package but wanted to wait. So good news for me I guess.

#33 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 06 June 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Can I have your time machine?

I said "may" not "is" but hey sure thing, Marty.

Posted Image

#34 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

I`ll tell you why, and it`s really simple: becasue, in business, you can never earn too much money. And advertising your product generally increases sales.

Not really, its often management thinking its worth the advertising.

Germany's most successful beer is not makign any advertise, because the boss simply said: we can keep the price low if we do not make stupid horrifiyng expensive ads. And tbh, I doubt that deals for multimillions with some celebreties really do increase the sales so far that they even income the money for this advertising deal. But as long as some strange guys in management think it is, it keeps going.

#35 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

In other words, an absolutely normal occurence when dealing with a company that is actually trying to earn money, it`s called "marketing". Trying to build a conspiracy theory off of this is similar in merit to building a house of cards in a hurricane. :P

But, but, but ...

Some people would rather look for signs of the supposedly incoming demise of PGI and MWO.

#36 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 06 June 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

I said "may" not "is" but hey sure thing, Marty.

Posted Image

Oh please. That's the compact car of time travel. What you need is the sports car of time travel. Just needs 6 pilots though you can operate it by yourself.
Posted Image

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

"Yes, they will still be available after the 17th. But just a reminder, if you order before the 17th, you get a few extra goodies. If you wait until after then, you`ll miss out on some of them"

Psst. I didn't actually read -- someone amazing was great enough to gift me the entire assortment so it didn't matter to me. :P

Btw when they are available I'll be crunching out a quicky building tutorial (soon as I figure out how to do it) and some Clan reviews (vid and posts) asap.

#38 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Wallet Last Call

As you prepare for Clan Collections to be delivered on June 17 you would like to extend a final invitation to those who haven't had a chance to pre-order, despite the fact that you are still withholding crucial information on Clan Targeting Computers, Clan weapon statistics, armour distribution rules, etc. Clan Collections will still be available for purchase after June 17, when the community will have had time to test these things out and post the findings for you [us].

Pre-order a Clan Collection before June 17 at 10am PDT and take your chances... er... receive the associated rewards in their Collection or A La Carte purchase as listed below (the items listed below will not be included with any package after this date):

-All purchases to receive the June Monthly Rewards of Clan Colors, and all unlocked Social Rewards (currently a Polygon Camo and Polygon Colors for each Mech purchased).

-A Coffee Cup Cockpit Item for those who purchased our previous promotions, the Phoenix or Founder's Packages.

-Daishi Collection and above will receive Signed Digital Concept Art.

-Puma Collection and above will receive a Digital Wallpaper.

Headon over to the Clan Collections website to pre-order if you are a trusting consumer or just plain like to gamble! http://mwomercs.com/clans

ha ha ha... PGI, I kid, but it would be nice to make an informed purchase.

#39 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I wondered how the clan sales would go, a lot of people bought in to the Founder packs, and the nostalgia of the Phoenix packs. I know the there are a few Clan fans out there too, but are they going to bring their money to the table, especially when the biggest draw (power level) has been normalized.

#40 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 June 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Not really, its often management thinking its worth the advertising.

Germany's most successful beer is not makign any advertise, because the boss simply said: we can keep the price low if we do not make stupid horrifiyng expensive ads. And tbh, I doubt that deals for multimillions with some celebreties really do increase the sales so far that they even income the money for this advertising deal. But as long as some strange guys in management think it is, it keeps going.

Just out of curiosity, as I live in Germany myself: that Beer would be?

View PostKoniving, on 06 June 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Psst. I didn't actually read -- someone amazing was great enough to gift me the entire assortment so it didn't matter to me. :(
I actually was thinking more of Butane than you when I typed that :P

Btw when they are available I'll be crunching out a quicky building tutorial (soon as I figure out how to do it) and some Clan reviews (vid and posts) asap.

And once again teh community will be glad you did :P

Edited by Zerberus, 06 June 2014 - 01:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users