#41 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, as I live in Germany myself: that Beer would be?

Oettinger

#42 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

What I want to know is, if I have a clan pack now and I upgrade AFTER June 17th, do all my camo rewards etc get unlocked for the other mechs!? If I can wait great, I'll see how clan mechs play out and upgrade if all if well, otherwise I purchase now and ask for a refund if it's a complete fail (please don't let it be...watching old MW intros....I really really can't handle no stompy stompy)

#43 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 June 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Not really, its often management thinking its worth the advertising.

Germany's most successful beer is not makign any advertise, because the boss simply said: we can keep the price low if we do not make stupid horrifiyng expensive ads. And tbh, I doubt that deals for multimillions with some celebreties really do increase the sales so far that they even income the money for this advertising deal. But as long as some strange guys in management think it is, it keeps going.

Since PGI spends nothing but 5 min worktime by posting on their own forum they are in other words using the exact same tactic then ? I.e spend nothing and get the chance to increase sales?

#44 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 06 June 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

I wondered how the clan sales would go, a lot of people bought in to the Founder packs, and the nostalgia of the Phoenix packs. I know the there are a few Clan fans out there too, but are they going to bring their money to the table, especially when the biggest draw (power level) has been normalized.

I just upgraded to the masakari package a couple days ago, after founders + overlord + clan, and some MC. It kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit on how much I've spent on a game. It's mechwarrior though, the only game I will ever do that with.

#45 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostCavendish, on 06 June 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Since PGI spends nothing but 5 min worktime by posting on their own forum they are in other words using the exact same tactic then ? I.e spend nothing and get the chance to increase sales?

Well, depends at all, I guess the Tournament was quite a lot of effort in manpower. And working hours are costs too, unless the employees aren't slaves. And this tournament was more or less a giant advertising thing. of course making just a wallpaper with a bit add is less effort, but in the end, those mails are only sent to people who are already playing the game, so they are rarely catching new customes with this like a TV ad would do.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 June 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#46 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

I have stated on here before, there is no way I will buy the package without knowing when I will and won't be able to use the mechs. If they give me that information (couldn't take long to post that) then I will consider buying a package.

Otherwise, why buy something I can't use?

#47 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 06 June 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

I just upgraded to the masakari package a couple days ago, after founders + overlord + clan, and some MC. It kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit on how much I've spent on a game. It's mechwarrior though, the only game I will ever do that with.

Seyla brother.

MechWarrior is the only game to keep me hooked for multiple years, spanning almost two decades. Mw2/mw2 mercs for two years with mechcommander tossed in. Mw3 for half a year solo play. Then MW living legends and now MWO since 2010

I love the MechWarrior and Battletech universe, so much fluff and fun.

Edited by CoffiNail, 06 June 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#48 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 06 June 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

I said "may" not "is" but hey sure thing, Marty.

Posted Image

Most Awesome Time Machine ever. Now if we could just get the TARDIS to turn into one of these.

#49 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 June 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Well, depends at all, I guess the Tournament was quite a lot of effort in manpower. And working hours are costs too, unless the employees aren't slaves. And this tournament was more or less a giant advertising thing. of course making just a wallpaper with a bit add is less effort, but in the end, those mails are only sent to people who are already playing the game, so they are rarely catching new customes with this like a TV ad would do.

Ah I thought we were talking about this announcement. Yes the tournament probl costed a few work hours but i doubt it were that many, and they got to try out how the system worked with private lobbies and so on in a "live"enviroment. I think it was posted as them looking into how they could put up an automated system in the future, this was a test run of sorts?

#50 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

Niko need to clarify.

If people bought the $30 clan package and go the perks/socials.

Would then buying Clan mechs with CB, MC or just upgrading the clan pack AFTER the 16th be able to use the unlocked colours and camo on future clan mechs?

Will the warhorns and modules vanish from the $240 package after the 16th as well?

#51 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 June 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

the items listed below will not be included with any package after this date:

-Daishi Collection and above will receive Signed Digital Concept Art.

I have invested 99€ / $135 into this game total over the last year. And I'm not even entitled to get digital concept art for this game?
Or is it Clan specific concept art you are now asking a Daishi collection's worth of $120 to get?

Will this come available in some other form some time after the imminent Clan collections release?

#52 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostCavendish, on 06 June 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Ah I thought we were talking about this announcement. Yes the tournament probl costed a few work hours but i doubt it were that many, and they got to try out how the system worked with private lobbies and so on in a "live"enviroment. I think it was posted as them looking into how they could put up an automated system in the future, this was a test run of sorts?

Not entirely sure, but look at the match commentators, It takes some experience or training doing that, I wouldn' be able to comment a match like this, "Out of the nowhere"

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 June 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#53 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 06 June 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

Most Awesome Time Machine ever. Now if we could just get the TARDIS to turn into one of these.

Time to get your mind blown!

Posted Image

#54 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

polygon camo pattern, is that the one the winners of the tourney got?

View PostGoldenFleece, on 06 June 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

[/size]
I have invested 99€ / $135 into this game total over the last year. And I'm not even entitled to get digital concept art for this game?
Or is it Clan specific concept art you are now asking a Daishi collection's worth of $120 to get?

Will this come available in some other form some time after the imminent Clan collections release?

its a digital concept art, i'm sure you will be able to see it and save it online the day its released

#55 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostBelorion, on 06 June 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I have stated on here before, there is no way I will buy the package without knowing when I will and won't be able to use the mechs. If they give me that information (couldn't take long to post that) then I will consider buying a package.

Otherwise, why buy something I can't use?

the Mechs will be available for use on and after Tuesday June 17th, presumably by midday eastern time, posted back in December with the initial clan pack details, see the bottom of the page in the link below
http://www.mwomercs.com/clans

anyone regardless of allegiance can use the Clan Mechs, if you are an Inner Sphere player conciser them salvaged.

This does leave the question of how IS Mechwarriors salvage Clan Mechs 9 months before first encountering them,

but please remember this is a game set 1,035 years in the future where a lot of available technology is less advanced than modern technology.
The Clans are genetically engineered supermen with a tribal warrior type society, descended from an elite group of warriors.
All the Clan weapons are extremely advanced, they have lost no technology but are still unable to make a guidance systems with range equal to 1960s technology.

#56 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 June 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

-All purchases to receive the June Monthly Rewards of Clan Colors, and all unlocked Social Rewards (currently a Polygon Camo and Polygon Colors for each Mech purchased).

So the Social colors wont unlock for IS 'mech? Can you confirm that please. Also when will they be available in the store?

#57 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 06 June 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

So the Social colors wont unlock for IS 'mech? Can you confirm that please. Also when will they be available in the store?

Colors are universal unlocks. they always ahve been. It's just the patterns they have always been weird about.

Itll work like the Phoenix patterns and colors. The colors go on everythign but only the phoenix mechs get the flame pattern

#58 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 06 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Colors are universal unlocks. they always ahve been. It's just the patterns they have always been weird about.

Itll work like the Phoenix patterns and colors. The colors go on everythign but only the phoenix mechs get the flame pattern

Everyone want to believe that but it's the second time PGI says the colors are for prepurchased 'mech.

#59 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 06 June 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

Everyone want to believe that but it's the second time PGI says the colors are for prepurchased 'mech.

That would make no sense. From a cost point of view, there is a reason patters are purchasable on a chassis basis. Unlike colors, there is a real effort adapting a pattern to a certain number of mesh elements that compose the mech and it's accessories. Nevertheless, I do feel they charge too much for them.

So, don't worry. All bonus 6 colors will be available for all your mechs. Assuming you went for the Warhawk bundle, you'll then get 8 mechs with Invasion pattern and 16 with Geocamo+Normal patterns.

#60 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostJennerCrusher, on 06 June 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

They will be releasing information on things such as Clan Targeting Comps, Weapons, Armor, ect. today, quiaff?

Really? Because I still haven't seen an update and they've got 35 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users