7/11/3049 Forum Statistics Update (See inside for why this hasn't been updated)

494 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

8/24/3049 UPDATE:

My laptop suffered an unknown failure where it would power down and reboot at a progressively faster rate. I was able to recover all my data from it, however it became unusable. I started with a virus sweep, which then progressed further onto defragmenting the harddrive, system restore, registry cleaning, system recovery, and then a total harddrive wipe. None of these worked as I couldn't recover the system or reinstall the software without the laptop powering down in the process. I originally thought this was a software issue, as I could boot to safe mode with networking and operate relatively alright. However eventually safe mode failed to load up itself. I removed one harddrive and wiped the other and tried to reinstall that way, but the system still powered down, which led me to believe it was a hardware failure that as of the moment I am unable to identify.

So, I have been computer hunting/shopping for a bit now. The laptop semi-death has led to a failure on updating statistics too (that and the beta playing-since I might be allowed to say that?).

I am back at school now, where I have a lot more resources at my disposal. Once I get moved into my apartment expect the statistics to come up fast. I have been extremely frustrated at my inability to continue this over the last month+, but **** happens.

My sincerest apologies for the delay. The statistics will return though (hopefully sooner than later!)

-------------------------------------------------

Freshly updated statistics for all!

A few of the images took a quality hit, as apparently my university decided to end its partnership with Microsoft, which pulled the most recent version of Microsoft Office from our ITAP servers and left us instead with Apache Open Office, which is inferior IMO. As I only work with an older version on my own computer, I was left to use other means for my displaying purposes. This won't happen again.

Expansion plans are coming that will negate this issue and allow for more rapid statistic updates... :huh:

We are rapidly approaching 190,000 users, but we will not hit the 225,000 user mark by July 17th as projected back in May. Membership is still increasing at a healthy rate, but has tempered some.

First, Founders sales up to date.

Posted Image

As of yesterday, 9,323 people had purchased the legendary pack, 5,941 had purchased the elite, and 745 had purchased the veteran.

Therefore, the total number of founders members currently sits at around 16,009 members.

What are your odds of getting a beta invite if you are a founder?

500 invites: 3.12%
1000 invites: 6.24%
1500 invites: 9.36%
2000 invites: 12.49%

*The total number of founders does not exclude the number of founders already in the closed beta. Those numbers are not available, nor could I give them to you if they were (NDA). To play it safe, I would add approximately 15-30% onto those percentages.

In other words, there is a great chance you are getting into the beta with the next round of invites if you are a founder.

FACTION STATISTICS:

A word of note here, House Steiner has made a major leap in recruiting and threatens to topple House Davion here soon.

Posted Image

MERCENARY NUMBERS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECIAL NOTE

There seems to be an outcry over some disparities in the numbers of some mercenary units. This is because I do not use any program to calculate the number of members in each mercenary faction. I use what is reported to me by commanders and, if requested by a member, what I can find on the unit websites. This is not always 100% accurate, and I have never attempted to state it is. To the ELP: either I misread the number I saw on the website, or made a typo, I do not know.

However I can assure you the rest of the statistics are taken directly from the forums and are extremely accurate, if not exact.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

To answer some common questions that come up here, I try to update these statistics once every two weeks. Seems to be a decent time frame to allow noticable changes.

I do not have a Founders tag currently. However this is not because I do not trust or support PGI and what they are doing. It is more because I am a college student who has more pressing needs from time to time. I have full intentions of purchasing one before the offer expires and I encourage everyone to get one as well.

My data is gathered through my own written program. All data I pull from the web, but how I do it I keep secret, to prevent copiers and Comstar spies!

As always, death to Comstar!

I didn't update the forum posts, because frankly, they remain about the same (although there is a massive increase in the number of posts and an increase in the number of active users). If you want the plain numbers with no graphs, here you go:

185,298 total forum members when last updated (yesterday)
538,154 total forum posts
161,273 members have never made a post.

This leaves 22,915 members responsible for half a million posts.

Of those 22,915 members, only 1,111 have more than 100 posts. They account for an estimated total 283,200 forum posts. Meaning .59% of the total forum population and 4.84% of posting members make up 52.62% of all forum posts. This is a .05% decrease in total percentage, and a .77% increase in the 100+ post forum club.

Good job stepping up your game everyone!

No gender update either, because there are still only 580 members who identify themselves as girls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 24 August 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#2 NinjaCool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDenmark (happiest people on earth!)

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Good to finally see some more precise numbers up here, looks interesting :huh:

#3 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

As an accountant, I am legally required by GAAP to appreciate a good looking chart. Kudos! :huh:

#4 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hmmm... looks like I'm not the 1%. So far.

*buffs post count*

#5 Comguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 652 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

More than 160,000 members, the number already interested before the game even launches. Interesting.

Does anyone know what the Player-Numbers for WoT are? That game seems to be profitable for the company, their numbers are something MWO should aim for.

Edit: Why so much hate against Comstar? They are the only light in times of darkness.

Edited by Comguard, 20 June 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#6 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Posted Image

#7 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

what, nothing with the new top rankings in forum posts? I thought my getting up to #15 today would be news >.> <.< lol
still, cool to see $600000 for PGI in 24 hours. not bad for a free to play game that hasn't been released yet.

#8 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

pshaw! these numbers reek of Comstar tinkering... fixed i say, fixed!

#9 Hikaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Epic data mining, thanks.

#10 Zulustrike

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

So by including Legendary Pack they almost doubled their revenue if they just had stayed with Elite, good business decision.

#11 Cur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

noooo, i want to be the 99% not the 1%, the 1% gets so much hate because they're *****!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#12 Knight2pwn

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Add one more to the list that jumped and bought site unseen. Legendary FTW.

#13 ShiftyDevil

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Heh, the joke yesterday was that I spent $120 on a free to play game that hasn't been released yet.

Oh Mechwarrior....

#14 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

I like the careful wording of figure 3... 24190 are male, 512 say they are female...
Yeah we know the truth :-p

#15 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Keep those numbers up to date for a few days, Im curious if it tails off. It will also be interesting to see how many upgrades we get

#16 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Awesome information presentation there. Although, how did you manage to get all of those numbers?!

#17 Grimjax

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 20 June 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

I like the careful wording of figure 3... 24190 are male, 512 say they are female...
Yeah we know the truth :-p

LoL

Edited by Grimjax, 20 June 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#18 Forzian

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

good work! the only trouble is it isn't quite accurate due to people buying Elite and receiving Legendary (myself included)

#19 mrcarlton

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Some cool metrics data. :huh:. Its cool to see all the factions roughly equal footing-ish no one faction is completely empty at least, but surprisingly large number of Lone Wolf.

Also lol'd at 14000% increase to no faction.

#20 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Nice charts!

You forgot about the "pie chart about Procrastination" though.......
An empty circle. :huh:

Edited by Shadowscythe, 20 June 2012 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users