#121 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostDanghen Woolf, on 10 November 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

I enjoy the stock builds for the A (Gauss, 2x ER Medium) and B (UAC/10, ER Medium, ER Small, SRM-6). The A allows for some staying power even after running out of ammo and the B is suprisingly hard hitting against heavies and assault mechs. Both are great on heat management as well.

I agree, these two are my favourite kit fox variants. The thing to keep in mind about clan lights, a lot of them were designed with the sole purpose of emulating common inner sphere medium mech configurations. This holds true from board game to MWO. Yes, equipping the heavy guns on a light mech may lead you to run into ammunition shortages, but that only requires a shift in tactics. Hit 'em hard and hit 'em fast, strip that armour off so your allies can take down a mech or two early match. You'll be invaluable to your teammates!

#122 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

I'm having a lot of fun and success with a PRIME build.

2ERLL
ECM
4JJ

It's very mobile and a good sniper that goes un detected. If you need more firepower you can drop the JJs and a ton of armor and not lose a whole lot.

#123 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

shufflin the build around...again

large pulse, 2 srm6, 2mg just had a carry harder battle, 4 kills 700 damage.......and we lost
ac2, 3 ML
I think its hard put to quit using an lrm20,2ML, 2MG's..but I'll keep trying!!

#124 HansBlix WMD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

I've had pretty decent success doing good amounts of damage with two builds.

First for the PRIME, C-UAC/10 in the right arm with 180 projectiles (that is, 45 x 4 shots), 2 C-ER MLaser in the left arm. The amount of damage you can do if you avoid jamming the UAC10 is phenomenal. You want to engage from around 300-500M, hopefully aiming at whatever your assault buddy is aiming at.

Second for the S. A machine gun in each torso, two C-SPL in the right arm, C-SRM6 and C-SPL in the left arm, full jumpjets. Your role here is primarily to hide while the pokers poke. As soon as one of the lines break (either someone suicides into your lines, or one of your assaults grows a pair and draws some fire) pick an enemy on the edge of their formation and just assassinate him. Use your jumpjets, find a firing solution where you won't be targeted by more than your target and maybe one of his buddies, then go to town.

First priority is a rear torso, if that's not possible just eat his legs. Reason for this is that if you can open the lg armor, you'll explode the ammo there almost instantly with the crit-seeking MGs. As soon as your target and one other mech are focused on killing you, jump jet out. Rinse, repeat. Typical damage is 300-450 in an average match. A bad match where you choose your target poorly is 1-200 damage before you are explodified. In a good match where you can use most of your SRM6 ammo and a good chunk of the MG ammo, your damage will be in the 600-1000 range depending on how good your aim with the SPL is.

At first I had a lot of trouble finding my role and had many, many frustrating matches. But the key is to literally just hide and wait for people to be distracted.

Do not follow your light lance mates on a merry adventure, you aren't fast enough. Don't poke with the medium lance, they can take a gauss to the arm and still contribute in the scrum later - you cant. Just follow around your assaults like a good little pet, try not to get your legs run over, don't peek at all, then as soon as your assaults give you an opportunity just let loose like a small rabid dog. Bog is probably the best map for this, as the claustrophobic atmosphere gives you a good chance at isolating a heavier enemy mech and limiting the amount of fire you take in return.

Main drawback is that one mistake with your positioning and you're toast.

Edited by HansBlix WMD, 28 November 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#125 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

The Kit Fox has lost it's luster with the addition of the Mist Lynx and the Hellbringer. I used the Kit Fox as a support sniper with ECM. Engaging an enemy from close range is a death sentence for a KFX since the armor is so low. I believe the Adder has surpassed it as the most powerful Clan Light in the game.

#126 RvDusty

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in outer space looking for worthy enemies to fight!

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PosteFTy, on 06 November 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

That build has way too many heat sinks. As a kit fox you shouldn't spend a lot of time staring at an enemy. You hit, run, hit again, so heat won't be a problem if you drop two or even three heat sinks to upgrade that SRM4 to SRM6 and add more ammo. You also have two separate half tones of the same ammo (AMS) That's just wasting a slot.

That many HS are necessary because when you fire your SRMS and jump at the same time the mech produces high enough heat to overheat you in a hot map(Caustic,Tera Therma)and ive put 2 (1/2)Ams ammo to fill the extra unneeded slot!
And also this build is meant to support your assaults with AMS/ECM and protect them from lights at the start and then when the team engages the enemy brawl!
Dont see it as a "WEAK MECH" because there are many ways to use it effectively wich most people havent found yet.

Edited by FORCEFUL EAGLE, 31 January 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#127 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

For the fun of it I decked out my Kit fox S with the necesseary omnipods to get 5 mg hardpoints. With well over 14k rounds for them. Got 2 crit kills, really fun build if you love ballistics and ratatata! B)

#128 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

I run a support Kit Fox which I've named Vixen. It's basicaly got 3 ER medium lasers, 3 AMS with 3 tons of ammo, ECM and an Active Probe. It doesn't do that much damage but it's quite good at helping out the rest of the team. I usualy aim find the assault lance and stick with them unless they already have ECM coverage. It can be a bit hit and miss if my team has already got plenty of ECM and our opponants haven't got much in the way of LRM's but it's nice to occasionaly play a mech that is there to help out the rest of the team first and do damage second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users