• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostCion, on 18 June 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

*To anyone who can assist, we are under attack by an unknown force. *
Can't figure out the rest, I'm no lore guru...

**YD*Y To *n**ne w*o c** as**s*..* we *re **d*r att*** fro* **kn*** *o**e*. ***k*n*s *nk**w*
MAYDAY To anyone who can assist... we are under attack from unknown forces. markings unknown

I'm not sure about the ***k*n*s, could also be rankings, pickings, workings, bookings, hackings, dockings, mankinds or smokings? :)

#102 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostStijnovic, on 19 June 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

**YD*Y To *n**ne w*o c** as**s*..* we *re **d*r att*** fro* **kn*** *o**e*. ***k*n*s *nk**w*
MAYDAY To anyone who can assist... we are under attack from unknown forces. markings unknown

I'm not sure about the ***k*n*s, could also be rankings, pickings, workings, bookings, hackings, dockings, mankinds or smokings? :)

I think Markings makes the most sense.

#103 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Reposting in a relevant topic, because reasons... :)

Clan Invasion TL;DR:

Posted Image

OHAI, KITTEH, UMAD? ;))))

#104 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

, "Well it has been a rapid development cycle"

I beg to scrapping differ. :)

#105 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostNova Latios Storm, on 19 June 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

Is it a city map?

It looks like it is an idustrial kind of map - perhaps an extension/new zone of canyon?

View PostAzargo, on 19 June 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Reposting in a relevant topic, because reasons... :)

Clan Invasion TL;DR:

Posted Image

OHAI, KITTEH, UMAD? :))))

Oh my I love madcats. Best two nights of MWO ever...

#106 Horace83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

After a few days of testing PUGs and 12vs12 i must say the Clans arrived as promised. I am positively surprised how well they are already balanced, i was expecting some kind of Uber-Build the first few weeks after invasion but no - they feel dangerous but beatable. They change the way matches are running already and make them much more dynamic.
I read the news about unit management today and now i feel even more excited, especially when i saw the IS vs.Clan and House vs. House info Paul stated at the end of his post.
After all that (eligible) critizim you put out something pretty good AND throw us some goodies (Mechbay, PT) even before the big nagging bout the issues on Patch Day can really take off. Well done!

I know i sound pretty enthusiastic but i just love Mechwarrior and im happy when finally something really works out (or even better than i thought).

Carry on this way and im looking forward to spend Christmas in CW.....

#107 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

I had a bug where the "Select Mech" button said "Add User'. Now I know why. Have not being able to recreate the bug.

#108 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks fr a comm update.
I will wait for this.

Edited by Sarlic, 20 June 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#109 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 19 June 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

, "Well it has been a rapid development cycle"

I beg to scrapping differ. :angry:

rapid development apparently means clan packs because we've had nothing else BUT since they were announced. Same thing happened with phoenix pack though. Same thing will happen with the next pack. They'll sling out a few features, claim they're working hard on development, and then it will stop because the new pack will be "waht the fans want" and so it will become the new priority just like it did for cland and just like it did for PP

#110 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostSandpit, on 20 June 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

rapid development apparently means clan packs because we've had nothing else BUT since they were announced.

UI 2.0? Achievements. Launch module?

#111 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostHeffay, on 20 June 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Two of those three things didn't actually work correctly, and the third is effectively trivial fluff.

#112 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostRoland, on 20 June 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Two of those three things didn't actually work correctly, and the third is effectively trivial fluff.

:)

This is why nobody takes you seriously. You say really stupid things.

UI 2.0: Roadblock that prevented all kinds of progress; basically recreated MWO as a modular, scalable application instead of a proof of concept base that was jury-rigged to function. And it works great. Not to mention that the development pace increased DRAMATICALLY since it did exactly what it was supposed to do: Simplify future development processes (for example, being able to inject content without downtime and package deals like mechs with mechbays).
Achievements: A basic requirement for any modern game, and required a ton of resources. Demanded strongly by the player base and works wonderfully.
Launch Module: Revitalized the player run tournaments, allowed TONS of additional tournament styles (1v1, 4v4, clan vs IS, etc), and most importantly ALLOWED GROUPS OF 5-11 PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH EACH OTHER.

If you're referring to 4x3, that wasn't part of the Launch Module; just something that was supposed to have been released at the same time. But hey, guilt by association I'm sure you'll say. I'm sure Sandpit's comment about how "nothing" was done since they announced the Clans still stands true in your mind, because hate.

Edited by Heffay, 20 June 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#113 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostHeffay, on 20 June 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I'm sure Sandpit's comment about how "nothing" was done since they announced the Clans still stands true in your mind,

Of course it does.

Nothing HE wanted got put in.

#114 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostHeffay, on 20 June 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Hang on there, wasnt that aimed at the quick development reference.
UI2 was implemented how long ago? and how long was it in development?
Same as Dropship mode errr now called Launch module, how long ago implemented and something that was supposedly on the board during beta. Can you anything different about Achievements?.
So ya you have those 3 things but how long was there development and how long ago they were implented does not ring of quick development.
And since then what really? The Clans? let me rephrase that for fact Clan mechs, i say again Mechs and some badges simple gifs or what ever. But you say they are clan mechs, yep they are, but to produce them in reality is just like doing IS mechs, nobody had to go do a refresher or extra course to do a Clan mech.
There was 3x4, that wasnt good, isnt there a rewrite in process for that? but no set delivery date? am i correct.
So these things you are hyping on about dont fall into quick development category do they.
CW by December, PGI has been telling you its been in development now what over 2 years, even now with the bottleneck(UI2) fixed what 3 months ago? so 3 since bottleneck opening and 6 months to go before December is what 9 months + the previous 2 years? you Hyping that as Quick.
Come on show some sense instead hyping up things just for the sake of white knighting.

On a different note, it seems by forum chatter and chatter on TS that the Clan Mechs have been done rather well, its early but early indications show PGI may be able to give themselfs a pat on the butt, gg.
Personally i give them an A for design and art work they do look good.

#115 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 20 June 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

So ya you have those 3 things but how long was there development and how long ago they were implented does not ring of quick development.

Ok, if those three don't count as "quick' development, then I can point to dozens of examples over the past 6 months of things that were done quickly. Turrets? Balance changes? Skirmish mode? There are far more examples here than the big 3 I listed.

Sandpit said nothing was done since clans were announced. At any level that is clearly false.

#116 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

UI 2.0 is way too complicated. I feel really sorrow for the new player trying to learn everything.. Way too complex. It really needs to be simplified both visually and functionally. It's incredibly overwhelming looking at all the selections possible on one page.
The original UI 1.0 had functional simplicity. You need to somehow combine the two. That would help to not frighten away prospective new players. If I was new and saw all that crap on the screens I would **** my pants.

#117 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostSandpit, on 20 June 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

rapid development apparently means clan packs because we've had nothing else BUT since they were announced. Same thing happened with phoenix pack though. Same thing will happen with the next pack. They'll sling out a few features, claim they're working hard on development, and then it will stop because the new pack will be "waht the fans want" and so it will become the new priority just like it did for cland and just like it did for PP

wrong there buddy.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 June 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#118 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostHeffay, on 20 June 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Ok, if those three don't count as "quick' development, then I can point to dozens of examples over the past 6 months of things that were done quickly. Turrets? Balance changes? Skirmish mode? There are far more examples here than the big 3 I listed.

Sandpit said nothing was done since clans were announced. At any level that is clearly false.

Technically you are correct in saying that, nothing was done, is not true.
Lets just leave it by saying we have different interpretations of the word Quick..

Edited by N0MAD, 20 June 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#119 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 20 June 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Oh my, lets just leave it by saying we have different interpretations of the word Quick..

I am guessing you guys think features should be released in the same amount of time it takes me to tie my shoe? we can have different interpretations but there still needs to be some reasoning.

#120 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostHeffay, on 20 June 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

:)

This is why nobody takes you seriously. You say really stupid things.

Pointing out that two of the "major development achievements" you listed aren't actually functional isn't a stupid thing.
It's simply an observation based on the fact.

UI 2.0 is a catastrophic failure in user interface design.
One of the primary features of the launch module which was touted prior to its release, the introduction of the 4x3 team restrictions, has still not been implemented in a way that works, after failing miserably when they attempted to introduce it.

UI 2.0: Roadblock that prevented all kinds of progress; basically recreated MWO as a modular, scalable application instead of a proof of concept base that was jury-rigged to function. And it works great. Not to mention that the development pace increased DRAMATICALLY since it did exactly what it was supposed to do: Simplify future development processes (for example, being able to inject content without downtime and package deals like mechs with mechbays).

Total failure in interface design, resulting in a laughable mess.

Achievements: A basic requirement for any modern game, and required a ton of resources. Demanded strongly by the player base and works wonderfully.

Trivial fluff. Adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay.
But hey, some folks like this kind of thing... That's fine. As you say, it's standard in most games these days, so it's not exactly some kind of amazing engineering feat.

But hey, they didn't totally fail in its implementation, so that's something.

If you're referring to 4x3, that wasn't part of the Launch Module; just something that was supposed to have been released at the same time.

Uh, you are wrong, again.
For someone who spends so much time defending PGI, you really don't know much about what they say or do. Although I guess that perhaps those two things are directly related.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users