195 replies to this topic

#21 Renegade

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 22 November 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

My bets on the Elemental in the corner.

On topic, Mechwarrior Stone reporting for Trials.

Yeah, I think I have it. Get drunk, sit on a ridge, and take pot shots at the Ice Hellions.

#22 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 22 November 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

There was also a german CGB on the zone...

There was the GCGB earlier than the other (german) CGB, too. But the most important: both followed the way of the bear! <_<

#23 CGB Radar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Greetings Warriors.

I was a Lore Master in my previous Ghost Bear incarnation. I started out in MS Zone like many of you and migrated from there to other leagues, which names have now gone to dust, the last being NBT.

I was extreamly please to see the Cave unsealed after all these years.

#24 _Kodiak_

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBreaching your c-pit hatch

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Had heard of an idea , Instead of wasting resources fighting each other for the CGB name , each participating team grabs a unit name from the ghost bear ToE. get organized now , dominate later.
just a thought

#25 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

I think this might be a good point becouse the game may ask players to be a certian level,ect before you can make a team or clan so those who attain the level or cryteria first will have the good names.

#26 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

Well as it is already my unit I call the 304th Assault Cluster ;) But I love the idea. Groups are better able to fill a Trinary or Cluster then they can individual Clan.

#27 _Kodiak_

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBreaching your c-pit hatch

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

It should, in theory, increase the player pools for combat drops.

Like you said Taylim Tseng it is easier to fill a trinary or cluster, in the same sense all of Ghosts Bears' trinary and clusters will make the clan whole.

#28 Radar

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

I am all for that. I like the idea. We also can support eachother if needed by moving units around as individual groups.
That way all Ghost Bears can play with out having to worry about a central chain of command.
We can have our own Ghost Bear Council if issues arise.

#29 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

New question ;) I'm beginning to work on my char in terms of roleplay and I think the first important question is which bloodline is he going to be associated with primarily. I've had a look at the list of bloodnames and I am liking Snuka - the only problem is that so far I cannot find any back story for the character.

Now if my memory is correct every bloodname is decended from a key warrior who was part of Kerensky's Exodus. So who the smeg is he - or she?

#30 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

You can create your own backstory. It is YOUR character. ;) You can do whatever you want. To answer your question, the originator of the Snuka Bloodline was Guillaume Snuka. (male)

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 27 November 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#31 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostMarauderDeuce, on 27 November 2011 - 04:14 AM, said:

I've had a look at the list of bloodnames and I am liking Snuka - the only problem is that so far I cannot find any back story for the character.

Now if my memory is correct every bloodname is decended from a key warrior who was part of Kerensky's Exodus. So who the smeg is he - or she?

I gave a shot looking it up myself. Best I could find was a full name, "Guillaume". He/she doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere else in the Operation Klondike handbook or in the Warden Field manual at all.

#32 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 27 November 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

You can create your own backstory. It is YOUR character. :) You can do whatever you want. To answer your question, the originator of the Snuka Bloodline was Guillaume Snuka. (male)

Oh, don't worry about the backstory for the char. What I'm hoping to find is a backstory for the originator of the bloodname. I'll take my time though as I need to research the ghost bear attitude to various things including freebirth warriors and how their attitude to things would have changed over the course of time.

#33 Renegade

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

View PostMarauderDeuce, on 28 November 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

I'll take my time though as I need to research the ghost bear attitude to various things including freebirth warriors and how their attitude to things would have changed over the course of time.

If I remember right, Ghost Bears are slightly more forgiving towards freeborns than other clans. It's still tougher for a freebirth to become a mechwarrior, but it can be done.

What I really need to do is decide whether to play my freebirth Ghost Bear pilot, or rework my Lyran so he's taken as a bondsman somehow.

#34 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

Wolves are on par or exceed the Bears in that regard.

#35 Renegade

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 30 November 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Wolves are on par or exceed the Bears in that regard.

Well, yeah. But the Wolves are clan "Sod the rules!", so what else would you expect? ^_^

#36 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

We are Clan "adapt to the enemy you are fighting."

Sun Tzu wrote in the Art of War:

"Military tactics are like unto water; for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downward. So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak. Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing."

"Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions...He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent, and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain."

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 01 December 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#37 Type ZERO

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

You have my support fellow CGB supporters!

Being divided will only lead us to be exterminated, if we combine resources... Then we stand a far better chance to become a force to reckon with.

Ghost Bear for life.

#38 Nuclear Bob

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

So is Dark Age/Age of Destruction totally heretical, because I thought they did have a good sculpt of the Kodiak...

#39 rafgod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

lol

If you aren't part of the Aussie GB group from SL, yer all wankers and frauds. lol

#40 Type ZERO

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

View Postrafgod, on 01 December 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

lol

If you aren't part of the Aussie GB group from SL, yer all wankers and frauds. lol

Just shows loyalty to CGH transcends all borders. =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users