• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Post=CGB= Radar Bekker, on 21 January 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

MC's Marauders?

No MCM is a combat Sim in SL. I don't believe thats what it stands for.

http://mech.mcm-systems.net/index.php

#63 Presha

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Wow so this thread kind of dead... So I have a few questions that might be a bit too soon but I'd like to hear some people's thoughts on it.

First is there anyone going to be taking the leadership roles and start a site and what not and try to get organized?

Any recruitment?

Any steps at all to get Ghost bear ready to go for Beta - release?

Edited by Presha, 23 January 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#64 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

Well, I have a Ghost Bear unit in MWLL, slight expansion in MW4, but mainly it is only me who plays it. GhostBear304.enjin.com A number of us play MegaMek and other mechy goodness games if we can find some people. We are somewhat big but only have half a dozen regulars but 10-15 will usually show up for a scrimm match

#65 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

So, fellow brothers and I am sure a few sisters. Let us get to know each other, quiaff. We will start with most of our favourite question, OmniMechs. What is your favourite Omnimech?

Do you like the Firemoth?
Myself. it is one of my favourite mechs. When I do not feel like lumbering in a large, powerful Executioner and enjoying the fruits of the Labour Caste who mine our asteroid belts and the Merchants that trade the ore to the other Clans, the Technicians for building, maintaining and repairing, and the Scientists who designed the Executioner Omnimech.

I love that speed! Going 160+ kph. Sadly we have no Fire Moth in MWLL yet, or if it even will. But With good low speed manuverability and fast top speed and acceleration. Imagine this guy running down Main street popping off shots between buildings. LoreMaster Aletha Kabrinski's Custom Variant is most impressive as well with a ERLL and two ERSL.

So what are your choices?

#66 MCchum

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

I am CGB_MCchum_B of the Clan Ghost Bear of The Orginal Clan Ghost Bear , if u remember the Zone . 3052 / BTU / etc...

http://bellsouthpwp....rClawRanks.html

Our Motto is :
With Honor we fight , With Heart we Win !

CGB_Dragon Khan
CGB_Greywolf saKhan
CGB_WarAngel Galaxy Commander
CGB_Legolas Galaxy Commander

Edited by =CGB=MCchum, 27 January 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#67 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

I see you took the 72nd AT as well lol. We started as the 72nd but grew too big for just one Trinary.

We (the 304th) have been in touch with GB_Ghostryder and GB_Code, two of the leaders of the one of the active GB_ clans from mercs and earlier. I hear they still play occasionally but we rarely see them in either mercs or mwll.

Are there any other ACTIVE Ghost Bear units out there right now? As Coffi said, we have been using our enjin forums as a base for recruitment for now and we would like to coordinate the rest of you.

We would really have to tread carefully when picking a leader for all of us. Seniority is not always the best route. Voting is also tricky as we could have each unit their own leaders as well. Sure, we can do it by trials but in this case leadership is not decided by the best piloting skills: The Khan and saKhan should be the most active of all of us. Hopefully someone stands out so this is not too difficult lol.

For training we use MWLL (of course). imo the closest game to mwo right now is probably mwll as they both use the cryengine.

You can almost always find us on teamspeak at ts9.gameservers.com:9144

#68 CGB Radar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

I started out as a Nova driver. I find it an acceptable Mech with its multiple variants. Althought I like the prime the best.
However, when the clan captured some Ravens I was intrigued. While not on par with any Clan mech, I find it has a very useful role.
I like it.

Greetings MC. It is nice to see you again.
Looking at the old web page brought back fond memories.

Edited by =CGB= Radar Bekker, 04 February 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#69 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 30 November 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Wolves are on par or exceed the Bears in that regard.

The Warden Wolves or the Crusader Wolves? Because Khan Ward doese not like Freebirthes. (Got his a$$ kicked by a couple,)

#70 Niflkkojaer Drako

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationboredom, usa

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Isn't the Free Rasalhague Republic going to be the replacement for Clan Ghost Bear in this game? I mean, the faction is descendents of Ghost Bear.

#71 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostNiflkkojaer Drako, on 06 February 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Isn't the Free Rasalhague Republic going to be the replacement for Clan Ghost Bear in this game? I mean, the faction is descendents of Ghost Bear.

Neg FRR is mostly the Ghost Bears invasion corridor. So effectivly Ghost Bear replaces FRR, and eventually they merge with FRR becoming the Ghost Bear Dominion and then in the dark ages become sadly the Rasalhauge Dominion.

#72 Presha

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 07 February 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Neg FRR is mostly the Ghost Bears invasion corridor. So effectivly Ghost Bear replaces FRR, and eventually they merge with FRR becoming the Ghost Bear Dominion and then in the dark ages become sadly the Rasalhauge Dominion.

There are still some crusader ghost bears out there tho even tho RD becomes part of the IS. But personally my Fav were just the crusader Ghost bears.

Edited by Presha, 07 February 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#73 Presha

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostNiflkkojaer Drako, on 06 February 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Basicly Ghost bear takes over their stuff and says your part of us now sorry... lol

#74 Presha

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Oh my original question never got answered tho.... Is anyone taking initiative to start up the clan in MWO?

#75 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostPresha, on 07 February 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Oh my original question never got answered tho.... Is anyone taking initiative to start up the clan in MWO?

Well I am planning on starting up my MWLL 304th Assault Cluster when the Clans get introduced. We are talking about what to do before then though.

#76 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Ancient, I believe you and I have a trial to settle one of these days. I completely forgot about it.

#77 MCchum

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

Ancient , i couldnt agree more with you .
After to zone closed down and there became many more formed leagues. Which in turn made many khans of CGB . I was one myself after greywolf left due to illness .
I cannot comment on any of the other khans , as I dont know them , but have heard of them .
I would suggest someone take a leadership role and see how it goes . I know Radar aka Serge_bekker was my Lore Master . He knows CGB and Clan lore like no-one else I have ever seen .
I do know of one I would recommend to take a leadership role , if he would only take it . he enjoys playing and killing IS more than anything and does his best to avoid a leadership role .. LOL
That would be CGB_IceTseng ..aka MG_IceNinja aka CGB_IceNinja
If anyone had the ability to bring it all together it would be him . Or someone that would put the time forward to make it happen .
That is the part that most avoid , it does take alot of time to lead a Clan .

But as a couple ppl here has said , CGB does need to come together as ONE .

About FRR , CGB conquers FRR and makes then prince of FRR Ragnar maggnesson a bondsman which went on to become a Star Colonial in CGB amd formed the Rasalhauge Bears and returned to FRR as the rightful leader of FRR ..
So is many things that as a Clan one must know and the lore that backs it up ..

Hope this is helpful for all CLAN GHOST BEAR's

Once a CGB always a CGB
SEYLA

With HONOR we fight , With HEART we Win !!!! Is the way of the Bear

#78 CGB Radar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

My Khan is too kind.

It is true if we are all to start uniting under the banner of the Ghost Bears, we need to find the proper leaders, those who are commited to the task and will not wimp out after two or three months in office. They also cannot be tyrannical dictators.
Once the leaders are in office everyone will have to agree to work together and act like a CLAN, role play and all (that is how we did it back then). We had weekly meetings which were ran in accordance with proper rules of protocol. The whole nine yards.

If you are gonna do it, do it right, not half assed.

Edited by =CGB= Radar Bekker, 15 February 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#79 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I don't have my gear yet to play but soon I will. At that time I will be fighting as a CGB freelancer.
Since 1998 in MW2 I have fought for the Ice lands of the North.
My Chimera never let me down.
Yes, it was the least used Mech ever but I stole many a Pop-tarting Glad bag in my day with this under rated Mech.
I chased down and killed multitudes of Black Knights and Diashi with a bombast laser, thunderbolt combo that sent these giants running for cover. I sniped across the map with ER large laser and Light Gauss that had me kick off servers as soon as they saw it was a Chimera who splattered their **** pits. IT still make my blood boil, these cowards!

My Raven was the perfect ambush lure when I teamed with an assault mech.
And Finally my Hauptman, the evolution to the Chimera, the Chimera on steroids, thank you so much Mektek.net for this Mech it answered all of my specs.

After all this my brothers, I will join the fight soon with Clan Ghost Bear as my tattoo just like I did from day one!

#80 Fury1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationWaiting for the perfect moment...to STRIKE!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

I do hope eventually all the Clans get brought into the game, the possibilities would be endless...good day to you all

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users