#1 INKBALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hi guys,

first, i did pay to play, just to not have to grind 12 mechs to get started (i bought phœnix after a month in mwo or so), and now i have 6-7 mechs +30% c-bills. I then felt that i did spend enough on the game, at least for now (and at least enough for a freegame).

Since the "invasion" , i saw that 75%+ did buy the 240$ package, great for you. But, not a second the game is even kinda close to have a tiny chance of being balanced. C-Mechs are faster/stonger/and have more weps/range/ ammo per ton.

All this to say that i'm taking a break, i've had enough with PGI, the masters of mech designs who are using +/- 1% of their time balancing the game or improving the game play... At least, you guys have gold mechs...

I see few ways to fix the problem:
-Cross techs (clan weps on IS (like mw4)).
-Nerfing clans (2 secs beam lasting laser, slower stream of missiles, x3heat on all weps balistic weps, xl mech dies when a side dies).
-F*ck table top and change all the balance system.
-Playing/balancing with ''points'' like on tabletop. So you could fight 4ISand8Cmech against 1IS and 10clans, reaching a certain balance (in tons/weps/ect).
-or simplier, IS teams =12members, Clan teams=8members. so, we could have 12v12,8v12,8v8.

Until some big ChangeLogs, you wont see me much. And yes, im kinda mad.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

How can you definitively tell "75%+ did buy the 240$ package"?

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

I feel your pain and frustration. It'll be half a year almost before you can even see what Clan Mechs handle like or work like without dropping a bunch of cash. It's hard NOT to compare that to some sort of 'pay for advantage/P2W'.

My clan mech gets stomped by IS mechs all the time though. Balance is *very* close to right. Take a break but don't give up.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

My Kit Focks is one of the most fun mechs I've ever strapped up in. You keep that nerf gun away from my baby!

#5 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostINKBALL, on 18 June 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Until some big ChangeLogs, you wont see me much. And yes, im kinda mad.

I already have never seen you. I wonder why that is?

#6 Chemistry Warden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

The kitfox is decent, but there isn't much it can do that an IS light couldn't do better (mainly because of speed limits), and the Nova is basically a glass cannon. It doesn't quite explode on being touched, but I can't take very many hits with it before I'm CT cored.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Get your frustration but your balance assessment is horribly off base. Clans very different from IS and frankly the Clan mechs feel closer out the door to "right" than IS ever have, which is surpising given PGIs adherence to perfect convergence with FLD weapons, historic trends with HSR, light mech hitboxes, mech scaling and decisions like ghost heat.

Clearly you need to take a break....it doesnt seem you actually know the game you are playing to begin with and the horrible clan boogiemen are just straw breaking your back.

Calling people blind for not agreeing with you btw, mad at the game or not, just makes people dismiss any valid points you might have had out of hand. Coming off a ranting loon earns ya no respect, your thoughts no merit and your threats to leave the game no concern.

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

You want OP? You allow Mixtech.

All the advantages of Clan tech with none of the downsides.

As it stands, it's already halfway decent.

#9 hurleybird

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostINKBALL, on 18 June 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

-or simplier, IS teams =12members, Clan teams=8members. so, we could have 12v12,8v12,8v8.

8v12 would be a bit much, but I'd love to see some kind of 10v12 Clan vs IS game mode. After all, two stars add up to 10 mechs on the clan side, while three lances add to 12 for the Inner Sphere.

#10 T h u n d e r M a x

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Cool it down with hatefulness. It is very possible to voice your opinion without being rude.

Although there have been rocky roads and PGI has fumbled the ball several times, I do appreciate their effort and I'm impressed with the amount of work they put into all the new material. I for one sincerely hope that with the Clan invasion behind us they can focus more of their developers on new maps and Community Warfare. I feel like they still have a shot to redeem themselves to some of the unhappy community.

You say they are unbalanced, for example try building a dual Gauss sniper build with a Clan mech...the Jaggermech will walk all over it as far as whole package goes. The Clan mechs have extreme weapon customization but they trade that off with more heat, locked engines, and locked structural changes.

Edited by ThunderMax, 18 June 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#11 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

h8t to say it since im spheroid, but the Clan mechs are one of the best things to happen to this game.

#12 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Most of the clan mechs are slower. They don't get more ammo per ton. The laser burn is longer too. The weapons are lighter but way hotter.

#13 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hmmm... They are supposed to be OP though. :P
Mine will be Cbill base or the remote chance of salvage being possible...

Meanwhile.. IS MECHs is the way to Go!!... HOOOO !! :P

Edit: On the other hand.. Hate the fact Clan gets 2000 AMS ammo per ton compared to IS 1000 ammo... Soo much LRM crap flying around nowadays... But my Anti-Decay module is working well... Can't complain too much...

Edited by ShinVector, 18 June 2014 - 07:03 PM.

#14 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

they are not even close to OP in comparison to older MW games
(i bet you didnt even know there was IS tech in mw4)

they have only just launched
you learn how to beat them you must fight them

but there is also a factor here that not many people would recognize
currently we are playing mixed teams
its supposed to be IS vs CLAN
currently clans are actually MORE powerful than they should be because they have IS units along side them

Clans do not have units like the ATLAS-D-DC and yet they are reaping its benefits
go and look at the QQ threads about their 100ton mech and how awesome bad it is

when the mixed teams get fixed we will see the true clan balance

Edited by Naduk, 18 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#15 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Um... No.

Clan mechs are slower, and carry less armor.

The only reason everyone is screaming foul (and why everyone seems to be running Clan tech) is because it's NEW. Every time a new mech pack or new chassis arrives, everyone and their grandma runs them like crazy. In two weeks, numbers will go down a bit. In 4 weeks, it'll be probably 50/50 Clan/I.S.

Something else to think about: Those who didn't buy mechs are likely teenagers who can't afford them, but can spend 10 hours a day playing, 7 days per week. Those of us who DID shell out the money are those who get 3 to 6 hours per week to play. We can't afford the grind, but we have jobs. One day, hopefully those who cry foul will have jobs too.

Um... No.

The only reason everyone is screaming foul (and why everyone seems to be running Clan tech) is because it's NEW. Every time a new mech pack or new chassis arrives, everyone and their grandma runs them like crazy. In two weeks, numbers will go down a bit. In 4 weeks, it'll be probably 50/50 Clan/I.S.

Something else to think about: Those who didn't buy mechs are likely teenagers who can't afford them, but can spend 10 hours a day playing, 7 days per week. Those of us who DID shell out the money are those who get 3 to 6 hours per week to play. We can't afford the grind, but we have jobs. One day, hopefully those who cry foul will have jobs too.

#16 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Damn, guess we lost yet another troll....

#17 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

It's not the mechs themselves they die easily enough.
Nine Clan kills in the past 2 days to my credit.
The problem was the implementation of the Clans.
It should have been a IS vs. Clan mode implemented.
In lieu of the simple fact that we won't see any CW for the next year at the minimum.
Clan bug chasing and the mythical weapons balance.
But what did we get more team death match.
And let numbers offset weapons as it does in Battletech.
Never fails to astound me how PGI keep blowing grand opportunities.
Epic Invasion warfare pffft.
Instead we get 2 blurbs about interrupted transmissions from the Periphery.
Seriously.
Yet it seems they are doing just the bear minimum to get by.
Just saying.

#18 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

For every upside of the clans there is a rather horrific downside.

Epic fire power and DPS, that gets spread all over the enemy or clips terrain as the target moves into cover.
Highly durable, until they get shot in the face because they have to stare you down so much.
Generally fast for their size, because they have that massive unchangeable engine sucking up weight.
Extra range and damage on lighter weapons, but they don't have any low heat alternatives.

#19 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

View PostT Decker, on 18 June 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Um... No.

I dunno, Clan tech is A LOT more fun, especially since a lot of the stuff we've been requesting for IS tech got applied to Clan tech.

#20 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

These threads just keep coming
what makes this one special is that it's full of some of the worst ideas you can come upw ith in regards to balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users