Clan Is Op Or You Guys Are Blind ?

556 replies to this topic

#21 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

I think the jury is still out on balance. On top of that I don't think it is even across the board. Some IS mechs are still very viable especially with the SRM fixes ... but I wouldn't say that they all are.

In addition some of the clan mechs are particularly more effective ... the Timberwolf, especially the version with jump jets, for example.

#22 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

I have yet to lose a 1v1 against a Clan mech when my mech is in any kind of decent shape, and I pilot IS exclusively.

I have had consistently high performance since the last patch, including a bunch of 5-kill drops, and every one of those matches was chock full of Clan mechs.

Clans are strong in their sphere, but my experience so far is that, if you can avoid their advantages, you can leverage the things that make IS mechs more useful and wipe the floor with them.

#23 Petrothian Tong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

hmmm I must be special then.

cause, if anything, most IS mechs still does fine *atleast in my hands* against clans.

I mean, you seen those clan mech hitboxes? they are huuuuge.

my catapult still pwnts the newbs in clan mechs that doesnt know how to use cover or evade missle/break locks.
(if anything, LRM tends to hit more in the torso against those huuuuge hitboxes)

my ECM raven still molest assaults with ease (though have to admit, clan heavies and them being very
manouverable do give me some trouble).

my Jenner still great for hit and run, though not as good as the ember (I still think ember still king of lights in the right hands, but now SRM is fixed... JENNER GO GO)

my Atlas-DC still trolltastic with the LXB 10s and ER Large lasers.
(yah, ECM, love it).

edit: Clan do have advantages on paper, but have you driven one of those? they are very strong in some aspects, but annoying in other when actually piloting it:

IE: Nova vs Hunchback.

My hunchback can fire almost continously with all its 8x med lasers,
My Nova: I have to wait till heat to go down back to 50% or so before firing the other 6 ER M-lasers in the other arm, or it goes SUPER NOVA.

So:
Nova = has arm lasers
Hunchback = all lasers low down time.

Edited by Petrothian Tong, 18 June 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#24 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

chassis themselves are fine. a few weapon systems are out of wack (ER med and sm) and do need nerfed

#25 Abrahms

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

I went through the stats

Clan is indeed OP

if the heat/dmg stats are the same, clan weighs less and takes less space

if the heat is higher, range and damage are higher while space is less

clan is quite the advantage right now, and 9/10 it overshadows the IS variant in most scenarios.

Edited by Abrahms, 18 June 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#26 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

Generally Clan mechs are faster with lower ammo or weapons or armor. It's generally a trade-off, but my Timberwolf is just faster than my Orion with the same exact same loadout. The Orion is actually much cooler. The speed is locked in, which is an advantage, but the loadout is limited by the large engine. Clan mechs have a really small payload.

Be thankful though because Clan usually means some real Frankenmech builds.

Edited by Lightfoot, 18 June 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#27 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Imagine the Dire Wolf being able to upgrade its Engine to XL360, Str to Endo and armor to Ferro Fibrous.. (And given the JJ omnipods)

Then give them IS styled ACs.

*That* would be OP.

#28 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

Clan Mechs and equipment are actually under powered compared to the books and TT.

#29 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

There is only one way to see if Clan mechs are really OP. A new tournament. Either IS v Clans, or even with mixed teams. Let's see if we see different team compositions from last time.

#30 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Clan mechs are fine. Most IS mechs are fine. I have a few issues with how easy it is to kill most IS med mechs right now but that is more do to the fact they are the size of most heavy's with half the armor.

#31 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostT Decker, on 18 June 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Um... No.

Clan mechs are slower, and carry less armor.

The only reason everyone is screaming foul (and why everyone seems to be running Clan tech) is because it's NEW. Every time a new mech pack or new chassis arrives, everyone and their grandma runs them like crazy. In two weeks, numbers will go down a bit. In 4 weeks, it'll be probably 50/50 Clan/I.S.

Something else to think about: Those who didn't buy mechs are likely teenagers who can't afford them, but can spend 10 hours a day playing, 7 days per week. Those of us who DID shell out the money are those who get 3 to 6 hours per week to play. We can't afford the grind, but we have jobs. One day, hopefully those who cry foul will have jobs too.

Um... No.

Clan mechs are slower, and carry less armor.

The only reason everyone is screaming foul (and why everyone seems to be running Clan tech) is because it's NEW. Every time a new mech pack or new chassis arrives, everyone and their grandma runs them like crazy. In two weeks, numbers will go down a bit. In 4 weeks, it'll be probably 50/50 Clan/I.S.

Something else to think about: Those who didn't buy mechs are likely teenagers who can't afford them, but can spend 10 hours a day playing, 7 days per week. Those of us who DID shell out the money are those who get 3 to 6 hours per week to play. We can't afford the grind, but we have jobs. One day, hopefully those who cry foul will have jobs too.

Um ... No.

Clan mechs go a one fixed speed determined by their engine.

For clan lights this is slower than IS.

For clan mediums and heavies this is typically 80 to 100kph which is faster than most comparable IS builds with similar weaponry. IS builds with the same speed usually have either an XL engine vulnerability, fewer weapons and fewer/less effective heat sinks or some combination of the above.

For clan assaults - at least the DIre Wolf - this is the same speed as a stock Atlas.

As far as balance goes ... I am waiting to see how it falls out. The only real way to test it out would be with tonnage matched private matches with clan vs is and see how it turns out.
Clan mechs can carry the same amount of armor as the IS mechs with the same tonnage. Armor is one of the customizable properties of clan mechs. Some of the stock clan builds come very light on armor (others are at maximum) but this can be easily changed.

Clan weapons have MUCH longer ranges. (C-ERML is 450m) ... (C-ER LPL is 600m) ... they do more damage ... often generate more heat ... but as a drawback tend to take longer to do the damage and may have a longer cool down. Clan weapons are particularly effective against slower heavy and assault mechs ... but have more trouble with fast lights (except LRMs) ... LRMs and Streaks take longer to lock on.

Another characteristic of clan mechs is that only certain omnipods have AMS mount points and many of the prime variants don't have AMS.

#32 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Have you seen the quirks some clan mechs have? I mean come on the stormcrow prime has a 10% armor strength reduction, almost if not all dire wolves have increased energy weapon cool down encouraging players to use ballistics which are all DoT instead of PPFLD like the IS mechs have not to mention the huge CT on it and the slow speed...

#33 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Clan Is Op Or You Guys Are Blind ?

Well hot damn! We were all worried they wouldn't be

Edited by Hexenhammer, 18 June 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#34 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostINKBALL, on 18 June 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Hi guys,

first, i did pay to play, just to not have to grind 12 mechs to get started (i bought phœnix after a month in mwo or so), and now i have 6-7 mechs +30% c-bills. I then felt that i did spend enough on the game, at least for now (and at least enough for a freegame).

Since the "invasion" , i saw that 75%+ did buy the 240$ package, great for you. But, not a second the game is even kinda close to have a tiny chance of being balanced. C-Mechs are faster/stonger/and have more weps/range/ ammo per ton.

All this to say that i'm taking a break, i've had enough with PGI, the masters of mech designs who are using +/- 1% of their time balancing the game or improving the game play... At least, you guys have gold mechs...

I see few ways to fix the problem:
-Cross techs (clan weps on IS (like mw4)).
-Nerfing clans (2 secs beam lasting laser, slower stream of missiles, x3heat on all weps balistic weps, xl mech dies when a side dies).
-F*ck table top and change all the balance system.
-Playing/balancing with ''points'' like on tabletop. So you could fight 4ISand8Cmech against 1IS and 10clans, reaching a certain balance (in tons/weps/ect).
-or simplier, IS teams =12members, Clan teams=8members. so, we could have 12v12,8v12,8v8.

Until some big ChangeLogs, you wont see me much. And yes, im kinda mad.

Dude, stop complaining and actually play the game. So far the clan mechs have been very balanced, what with the ghost heat hammer hitting them, and the fact that their weapons are slow in fire rate, duration and have high heat. It's all working fine. Honestly, the only people I've seen complain about clan tech are the ones that didn't really bother playing the mechs.

#35 Biaxialrain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 291 posts
  • LocationThe Borderlands

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

To top off the more powerful weapons and infinite damage the Clan mechs can take, they've neutered certain IS mechs by adding actuators and other structural items to reduce slots.

So the mech(s) you've been playing for weeks or months no longer has a valid loadout.

That is the real pisser.

#36 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Are you stuck in ELO hell OP? Have you ever heard of "meta", "poptart", "DragonSlayer", "FLD"?

This game has been ruined by people whinging non-stop for no particular reason most of the time and is not based on facts.

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostGetterRobo, on 18 June 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Are you stuck in ELO hell OP? Have you ever heard of "meta", "poptart", "DragonSlayer", "FLD"?

This game has been ruined by people whinging non-stop for no particular reason most of the time and is not based on facts.

I will agree to the second part. However, you don't actually need to run meta poptarts to be effective against clans. It doesn't hurt. But I've been more effective in my Orion brawler with AC20, 4MLs, 2SRM4s, than I have been in jump snipers. In fact my Orion K and my Ember have had the highest number of clan kills amongst my IS mechs. (Then again, that might have to do with the fact that I play them more often)

#38 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 18 June 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

My Kit Focks is one of the most fun mechs I've ever strapped up in. You keep that nerf gun away from my baby!

And its only 30bucks to get one too! Its also the first mech to hit for Cbills in a few months.

Not only is it FUN but also quite competitive too, tanky little ******, great range (CLANS...duh!) ECM and loads of AMS cover....best support/force multiplier mech ever. Not to mention the little ****** can pack a punch when it wants/needs to.

#39 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

Clan mechs are OP threads are getting so old already. Really, most IS jocks will run clan gear as soon as they can anyway. No loyalty there. Honestly, just have 10v12 IS vs Clan drop option and call it a day. That would also feed well into IS vs Clan matches if community warfare shows up.

#40 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Give clans dynamic slots, structure/armor/engine upgrade options and lower arm actuators..

Then we can discuss OP.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users